Dracula 1:1 Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FrankenFan said:
Lee, at the Classic Horror Film Board, posted this digital mock-up of the Count with his cape and medallion. IMHO, these additions complete this piece and bring it to life — especially the splash of color the medallion adds. (Eeets da blud!)

C'mon, Sideshow! If we can't get the cape, can you at least reconsider adding the medallion?

Gotta admit, I really like the medallion being a part of the piece. The collar could work, but the photoshopped one sticks out waaaay too much. I wonder how many people will go to a formal costumory shop and look for an old style top hat to put on theirs? I could just see the store manager asking them what size hat they need and them bringin bela in for a measurement!:rotfl

Maybe the reason Sideshow is not adding the medallion, is because they want the piece to be as authentic as possible. Since no one really knows what it looks like up close, they could not state that the Bust was 100% accurate. Just a thought.

The same thought occurred to me, and while it is feasible that could be the reason, I don't think it's a valid one, simply because of the reason you state: "No one really knows what it looks like up close," so no one can unequivocally say it's not 100% accurate. (Does that make the kind of sense that doesn't?)

I'd rather have a reasonable facsimile of the medallion than none, at all.

Granted, he only wears the medallion briefy in the film and then it disappears, but virtually every Bela Lugosi Dracula model kit, action figure (okay, not the atrocity that is the Exclusive Products abomination), statue, bust, and bobble-head has the medallion and cape, including every version of the character Sideshow has produced up until this bust. It's just driving me NUTS that the medallion and cape are missing! (And it's a short drive, to begin with.)

mlv.jpg

Ok, I see your point and agree with you. It may be early in the game, but Why has no one from Sideshow chimed in on this? Im sure they can only say so much when something is in production. I still to this day can not get an answer from Sideshow why the PF Frankenstein Has Blue eyes. That has always bothered me. Sorry to go off Topic but
all this just reminded me of that. lol:google

I agree the medallion really adds something! I don't have to have the cape, but adding that medallion and ribbon would really make this bust pop!

Here's my comparison. I borrowed the medallion and cape from the PF Dracula.

I really like the cape and medallion combo — the Count is feeling a bit jaunty and showing a little lining — but I'd happily settle for just the medallion. It's a terrific accent and nicely complements the logo on the base.

Like the Monster remarked in Bride, "Must do it!"

70sCinema said:
Bwahaha. I'll get no Karloff and like it!

Phibes, you might like this. A guy took a Karloff bust and customized it to look like the Gogos painting from an old Famous Monsters cover. Not for everyone, but I think it's a great idea. Scroll down slowly...

MonsterG_1.jpg

MonsterG_2.jpg

MonsterG_5.jpg

MonsterG_3.jpg

MonsterG_4.jpg

WHOAH - EDIT - I just read that the guy who painted it is JEff Camper, who painted the Lugosi bust in Sideshow's pics. Incredible talent.

Hey Gang,

Yes, I painted the master for this piece. I also did the Gogos style
paint-up on Howard S. Studios Monster. Keep an eye out for a new
one coming soon on Howard’s new Monster!:wave

Good to hear that the Dracula piece is receiving pretty good reviews
from you all! Mr. Teves out did himself on this sculpt! It was a real
blast to paint-up, and Sideshow did an incredible job with the clothing
and the base. I don’t know what to tell you about the medallion, I just
painted the master. LOL!

Thanks!

°Jeff Camp

camper

FrankenFan said:
Here's my comparison. I borrowed the medallion and cape from the PF Dracula.

I really like the cape and medallion combo — the Count is feeling a bit jaunty and showing a little lining — but I'd happily settle for just the medallion. It's a terrific accent and nicely complements the logo on the base.

Like the Monster remarked in Bride, "Must do it!"

OKAY.....NOW IT LOOKS GREAT WITH THE MEDALLION AND CAPE!!!! I WONDER IS SS CAN BE PERSUADED TO INCLUDE THOSE ON THE FINISHED PIECE????

Anton Phibes said:
OKAY.....NOW IT LOOKS GREAT WITH THE MEDALLION AND CAPE!!!! I WONDER IS SS CAN BE PERSUADED TO INCLUDE THOSE ON THE FINISHED PIECE????

I WANT THAT VERSION WITH THE MEDALLION AND CAPE!!!!!!!!!! COME ON SS PLEASE INCLUDE THEM!!!!!!

Just realized I omitted a comparison with just the cape and no medallion:

Hmmm. Not bad. However:

CAPE AND MEDALLION! CAPE AND MEDALLION!! CAPE AND MEDALLION!!!

Quite so. Why go this far and then drop the baton? Adding these isn't going to increase the price that much. Come on Sideshow, your Uni Monsters have always been exquisite.

UNI MONSTERS! UNI MONSTERS!! UNI MONSTERS!!!

Last edited:
Hey FF, I borrowed one of your pics as an avatar temporarily! Let me know if that is a problem and I will replace it.

I'm starting a "Cape & Medallion Crusade"!!!! :lol

lcummins said:
Hey FF, I borrowed one of your pics as an avatar temporarily! Let me know if that is a problem and I will replace it.

I'm starting a "Cape & Medallion Crusade"!!!! :lol

That's not mine. It was originally posted by Lee at the Classic Horror Film Board. (See post # 39, on this board.)

If you want to use one of mine, they are in post # 47, and again in #53, right above Creecher's post. Hey, Creecher!

ygor_bnnr.jpg

G'day Frankenfan. I wont be buying these 1:1 busts, unfortunately. I'm still having trouble getting the money together for The Mummy PF. So it is out of the question, but I do see the missing cape and medallion as an incredulous oversight and hope there is time for this to be remedied, through the licensor, and artists and administration concerned.

I also hope some promising positive feedback is forthcoming from Sideshow. I envisage this process could take some time. Even stop all the wheels in motion, till a favourable outcome has been pursued to its fullest.

On a side note, as I can't afford 1:1 busts. Maybe Sideshow could do a small line of 1:1 shrunken heads. Something I might be able to afford. At least it would satisfy the head hunter in me, without breaking the bank.

FrankenFan said:
I beg your pardon?

(And Lonnie, you need to kick your crusade in gear. This thread is dying faster than a vampire in sunlight.)

cftbl.jpg

I almost fell out of my chair laughing on that one! I should proof-read a little better in the future!!

CAPE AND MEDALLION! CAPE AND MEDALLION! CAPE AND MEDALLION!

Love the Creature banner! We know it's coming... wonder if it will make SDCC???? I can be patient! I can be patient! I can be patient... I hope

CAPE AND MEDALLION! CAPE AND MEDALLION! CAPE AND MEDALLION!

And to get this thread back on track... the Dracula bust will be awesome no matter what, but I really do hope Sideshow still has time to consider at least the MEDALLION, and hopefully the CAPE as well!!!

CAPE AND MEDALLION! CAPE AND MEDALLION! CAPE AND MEDALLION! :monkey5

Back