Dracula 1:1 Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The likeness to me is perfect. The question I have is, I hope he will have the red ribbon and medallion. I know later in the Movie he is without it and only has his gold chain. But Darn it I want him looking just like his premium format counterpart!:crying

I hope he has part of his cape. I mean if they can give the 1:1 Maul part of his hooded cloak, why not Dracula his cape?

I think it's great that the first two user comments requested a 12'' Ygor. Get the hint yet Sideshow?:lol

Looks like one of his eyes are off, but othe than that looks pretty cool.

Ok, I took the plunge again :D Looks like I will have to make my own medallion as it looks as if
he will not have one. Wonder if there are any closeups pics that exsits anywhere of it? The pf figure medallion lacks detail, but is enough for that figure. Ideas Anyone? I see he is also a $100.00 Cheaper which is cool.:)

OH MY DEAR LORD IN HEAVEN..............THIS THING TOTALLY ROCKS!!!! LOVE THE BASE WITH THE DRACULA CREST ON IT!!!! I ONLY HOPE IT DOESN'T SHIP THE WEEK OF CHRISTMAS BECAUSE I WILL BE IN FLORIDA THAT WEEK!!!!!!! IT LOOKS GREAT TO ME!!! DID YOU NOTICE THE THING EVEN HAS EYELASHES? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAA!!!!!:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

THIS IS A CHILDHOOD DREAM COME TRUE!

Must have a Wolfman, Frankenstein, Phantom, and Creature to have the dirty half dozen that traditionally receive licensing. I'll probably buy any that they make though. Because I'm insane like that.

I assume you all know...I just ordered mine.:monkey5 :monkey5

This piece looks superb. I've always wanted a full scale Lugosi figure and it looks like this is the one to build around. At least two of these will have my name on them.

Nick

I like this one but the only 1:1 monster bust I would seriously consider getting would be Frankenstein.

Im sure a lot of you own the Miles Teves Vinyl Frankenstein and Phantom of the Opera, Produced by Cineart. Just before this Company dissapeared, Miles Had Sculpted A Lugosi Dracula for them and it even appeared on their website. I can't remember if they were selling them or just previewing it before it went on Sale. But here is a link to his Site and it shows that very Bust.
https://www.milesteves.com/sculpture.php
Makes one wonder what ever happened to Cineart and why they just seemed to have vanished. This would have been cool if a Vinyl version of this would have become available to go with Frank and Phantom. Im actually glad that Miles is the Sculpture of Sideshows Bela because in a way it will be like finally like acquiring this piece.:cool:

It is unmistakably Bela, and the likeness is especially evident in that three-quarter view. My main gripe is not with the portrait but with the omission of the medallion and a section of cape and collar. Like Sideshow's Premium Format 1:4-scale figures, the combined mixed-media elements really bring these pieces to life, and it's a loss to not see the Count's signature medallion and cape.

Universalrocks said:
Looks like I will have to make my own medallion as it looks as if he will not have one. Wonder if there are any closeups pics that exsits anywhere of it? The pf figure medallion lacks detail, but is enough for that figure. Ideas Anyone?

There is an interesting discussion of the medallion at the Classic Horror Film Board. Or, you can get your own Vampire Deluxe Medallion for only $2.98!

Back to the likeness, a member at the Classic Horror Film Board made a few subtle changes to the eyes, ears, and mouth which really improve the portrait when viewed head-on. This is probably a prototype of the bust we are looking at, and hopefully, the final production piece will at least correct the misaligned pupils.

Anyway, here are some high-resolution pictures of the bust:

Dig those eyelashes!

mlarsen said:
I like this one but the only 1:1 monster bust I would seriously consider getting would be Frankenstein.

The sculptor, Miles Teves, did a great couple of rotocast busts a few years ago. One was Karloff's monster, the other was Chaney's Phantom. I got the Ardeth Bey, and god help me, I ordered this one.

EDIT: Didn't read the whole thread. At any rate, I probably won't be getting a Karloff Monster or Chaney Phantom, because Miles' vinyl busts are just beautiful and fit in just fine.

70sCinema said:
The sculptor, Miles Teves, did a great couple of rotocast busts a few years ago. One was Karloff's monster, the other was Chaney's Phantom. I got the Ardeth Bey, and god help me, I ordered this one.

EDIT: Didn't read the whole thread. At any rate, I probably won't be getting a Karloff Monster or Chaney Phantom, because Miles' vinyl busts are just beautiful and fit in just fine.

Come on....don't be in denial. You know you will have to get a Frankenstein Monster and A Phantom. I wasn't going to buy any of these at all. Until I saw Ardeth Bey. Now....I will own them all. Don't know ehere the heck I am going to put them all....but IM GONNA BUY EM ALL!!!!

two words: JOIN US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

Bwahaha. I'll get no Karloff and like it!

Phibes, you might like this. A guy took a Karloff bust and customized it to look like the Gogos painting from an old Famous Monsters cover. Not for everyone, but I think it's a great idea. Scroll down slowly...

MonsterG_1.jpg

MonsterG_2.jpg

MonsterG_5.jpg

MonsterG_3.jpg

MonsterG_4.jpg

WHOAH - EDIT - I just read that the guy who painted it is JEff Camper, who painted the Lugosi bust in Sideshow's pics. Incredible talent.

Last edited:
I love that paint treatment, that's the Howard Studios bust.

I've got the Cine Art bust, but would still be interested in an offering from Sideshow. Personally, when they do release a bust of Karloff's Monster, I hope it's from Bride. The scars and burns, the exposed clamps, and the weathered clothing would be well-suited for a mixed-media presentation. Maybe even some "real" singed hair!

Howard recently completed a 1:1 bust of the Monster from Bride.

bof2.jpg

Lee, at the Classic Horror Film Board, posted this digital mock-up of the Count with his cape and medallion. IMHO, these additions complete this piece and bring it to life — especially the splash of color the medallion adds. (Eeets da blud!)

C'mon, Sideshow! If we can't get the cape, can you at least reconsider adding the medallion?

70sCinema said:
Bwahaha. I'll get no Karloff and like it!

WHOAH - EDIT - I just read that the guy who painted it is JEff Camper, who painted the Lugosi bust in Sideshow's pics. Incredible talent.

That Frankenstein is really sweet! I love Gogos's style and its suprising to see someone translate it so well onto a 3-d piece.

As far as getting no Karloff and liking it....."We'll see, we'll see......" :D

Back