Dr. Doom PF Ex

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, the talk there is about whether the LSF and the new PF will affect its current price or not. It's not quite the same thing.

I believe they are complaining the lack of details in Doom Pf, and how it should be valued at $700-1000. Hence another member say, I wouldn't even buy Doom for 700 .:lol

And I am guessing the haters are probably non Doom Pf owners ...

No, the talk there is about whether the LSF and the new PF will affect its current price or not. It's not quite the same thing.

This discussion has been going on for a while in the Doom LSF thread.

I personally don't think the LSF will affect the doom PF price. The price will still be driven by supply and demand.

I haven't checked, but has there been a flood of PF's on the market since the LSF came up for PO? I am guessing not. I think that if you want the (original) Doom PF, you're going to have to bite the bullet and fork over the cash. (Now people keep saying "2K, 2K" for the PF, but I think better deals than that can be had for it...hell, I got mine for quite a bit cheaper than that).

Will all due respect, there really hasnt been another contender to rival that of the Hulk PF - possibly the upcoming Planet Hulk? But for me personally, until they release another comic Hulk PF or LSF then i cant see the market value of the original Hulk PF being affected that much

With the Captain America PF, well there is a new kid on the block so to speak with the reveal at this years Con of the new Cap PF. Some will say they prefer the new dynamic pose to the original...for me personally, i can see the market value of the original Captain PF decreasing once the new one is released.

The Thor PF, well...again, like the Hulk PF, there really hasnt been a rival as such to contend with the original so the value of the original PF i think will stay as is

As for the Spidey PF, i would say in the last year or so that the Comiquette has actually overtaken the PF in terms of market value. I dont see the Spidey PF as being that desirable any more for collectors (unless its literally the limited edition versions!) I have both the PF and Com EX's and unless i can get the Green Goblin PF within the next few months or so, i can see myself parting with my Spidey PF :(

I try not to rip on other pieces, but I think there is a good reason why the com has taken over the Spidey PF in popularity. 'Nuff said.

I believe they are complaining the lack of details in Doom Pf, and how it should be valued at $700-1000. Hence another member say, I wouldn't even buy Doom for 700 .:lol

And I am guessing the haters are probably non Doom Pf owners ...

When the new Doom PF comes out, people will come on here insisting that the new one is superior just because it makes them feel better. Some people are just like that...

The new Doom PF may very well end up looking great, but it's not like all of a sudden the original will turn into garbage.

I try not to rip on other pieces, but I think there is a good reason why the com has taken over the Spidey PF in popularity. 'Nuff said.

I used to love my Spidey PF when i first purchased it...that was before i saw the comiquette and ever since then i couldnt quite see the PF in the same light as i once did. Sometimes that happens, a new and better piece of the same character gets released and then some of us, like myself, tend to not want more than one definitive collectible character and decide to sell the other one on...(obviously Iron Man being the exception for me) :lol However, i really dont mind having more than one collectible of the same character as long as its in a different scale. For example, i'll be definately keeping my Doom PF but will also get the Doom LSF. Same with the Hulk PF, i'd never sell mine but would still consider a Hulk LSF. Thats how i roll anyway...:)

I guess all im trying to say is that sometimes our tastes change and newer collectibles become available that we might prefer more than the one we already have. What do you think? :dunno

Doom PF owners know they are fine and there piece will always hold its value.Let the delusional people who think otherwise keep talking cause all of them don't own one

I guess all im trying to say is that sometimes our tastes change and newer collectibles become available that we might prefer more than the one we already have. What do you think? :dunno

Certainly fair to say that. Some people will legitimately prefer the new Doom PF, whatever it may look like, to the original. But, we all know that as soon as the new one is revealed, there will be people ripping on the old one just because there is something shiny and new.

As I said, I think there is good reason why the Spidey PF may have lost popularity...I can't see the same happening with Doom. The new one would have to be mighty special to make the old one look that bad.

Agreed!

Yea I really can't see the Spidey Com being more popular than the PF, same goes with Doom. :exactly:

The greats will live on.

Ski

Agreed!

Yea I really can't see the Spidey Com being more popular than the PF, same goes with Doom. :exactly:

The greats will live on.

Ski

Mmmmmm...I don't consider the Spidey PF a great, but if I recall, it's still a pricey piece.

I guess that's the point. Even if the new Doom Pf is exceptional, the original will still likely hold it's value.

The early statues seem to hold their prices very well... Maybe some people value it like they value old comic books, for its history as well :rolleyes2

Looks really cool but I'm just not into Dr. Doom as a character to make me want to spend that much. Now if it was a PF on the other hand...

Some art is timeless...

OG Doom FTW

10335398535_5277c6ba24_b.jpg
[/url]image by -Tavegg-[/IMG]

I've always wanted to own the Doom PF. I don't think it can ever be topped. It truly is flawless. However, I have always disliked the Spidey PF. The pose, the look, it just doesn't seem right. I love the comiquette. I guess its all about taste.

I've always wanted to own the Doom PF. I don't think it can ever be topped. It truly is flawless. However, I have always disliked the Spidey PF. The pose, the look, it just doesn't seem right. I love the comiquette. I guess its all about taste.

Agree 100% (except I'm lucky enough to have a doom). I'm not going to rip on the Spidey PF...some people love it...I'm not one of them. No biggie.

Agree 100% (except I'm lucky enough to have a doom). I'm not going to rip on the Spidey PF...some people love it...I'm not one of them. No biggie.

No biggie for me either. I just wouldn't buy it. If I could get Doom I would lose my *****. I just can't afford it right now.

In this day and age I'll never say never and will wait for the release of the LSF and new PF before I decide whether the Doom PF can be topped. Agreed that the original Doom PF is second to none in terms of details, weight and overall presence but Sideshow are always creating wondrous new Collectibles each year, despite the majority of them being hollow :( that are just as good as the old school pieces...bring em' all on I say! :yess:

As for the Spidey PF, if the Comiquette had never been released then it would probably be my favourite Spidey piece!! So I can't say I dislike the PF it's just that the Comiquette is so much better...

True enough, newer cars, technology, comic book art, even statues are always coming out. With each new release, they will improve for sure in terms of detail, function, etc.

Hey, look at Ipad, they keep coming out with newer one, and even lighter (hollow haha). Yet, people still que up to buy it, as if it's LIMITED :panic:

Back