Dr. Doom PF Ex

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c11098

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have just seen one on local yahoo auction, I would like to know is there anything I should beware of? It is because my friend once told me, I can find a fake Dr. Doom PF EX on a local website and I am worry if that guy will just replace a fake one into real boxes and sell it to me. Besides how much do you think is a fair value for this piece? Just an estimation, I have once seen one on Ebay at 2k us and 1 locally at 1.5k something.

Is is possible to get pictures? Then you could share them with the forum and we could possibly help you determine if it is real, i dont think if you are spending this kind of money on an item asking for pictures should not be an issue ;)

Is is possible to get pictures? Then you could share them with the forum and we could possibly help you determine if it is real, i dont think if you are spending this kind of money on an item asking for pictures should not be an issue ;)

100% AGREED

If he can't provide pictures, that is a MAJOR red flag.

One of the problems is half of these fakers use other people's pictures.

Fair value for a Doom now is anywhere upwards from $1,400 to $2200 depending on how much you are willing to pay.

As I have said before Bic C; Always ask for Pic's, verify the bottom of base for matching numbers and SSC info, and ask for the matching COA, question anything and everything, weight, paint, scratches, chips, and ask about The Art Box and do they have it; that could be a give-away if they do not a have it, the Shipper I would also want to protect the Art Box plus it has some info on it.
For that kind of Money I better be Real F'n Happy before i put down that kind of Cash.
If not sure what to look for go to the SSC archives and search for Doom PF look at the Galley to get a Idea of what to look for.

Thanks for the Rant; Al

As I have said before Bic C; Always ask for Pic's, verify the bottom of base for matching numbers and SSC info, and ask for the matching COA, question anything and everything, weight, paint, scratches, chips, and ask about The Art Box and do they have it; that could be a give-away if they do not a have it, the Shipper I would also want to protect the Art Box plus it has some info on it.
For that kind of Money I better be Real F'n Happy before i put down that kind of Cash.
If not sure what to look for go to the SSC archives and search for Doom PF look at the Galley to get a Idea of what to look for.

Thanks for the Rant; Al

He said I can check it after I win the bid, which I think it doesnt make any sense at all. It is because, legally speaking, if I have place the bid I have agreed to "pay" for the items, it is my responsibility to fulfill the task of paying. I think I will pass on that.

A seller on ebay is selling me a Dr.Doom Ex for 1K shipped
I asked for pictures.. He only gave me this and said he has it ready to ship.. What should I do?
download

Agree ....... if it is too good to be true ... it is ....

100% agreed. We all want to find our own grails and you gotta be ultra careful because others know that and are waiting to try to capitalize on it. :slap

Good luck on Dr Doom EX PF...that is an amazing piece.

He said I can check it after I win the bid, which I think it doesnt make any sense at all. It is because, legally speaking, if I have place the bid I have agreed to "pay" for the items, it is my responsibility to fulfill the task of paying. I think I will pass on that.

Sounds like BS to me, I say No!

I asked for pictures.. He only gave me this and said he has it ready to ship.. What should I do?
download

Wow! doesn't sound like someone knows what they are doing. :exactly: Fire back and ask I want pic's of Dr.Doom PF not a Supra. BTW any Seller worth his or her salt knows before you sell something you take it out of the box and take pic's and also just to inspect the piece if never displayed, just to make sure of damage if any from the manufacturer

download

$1000, shipped? for a piece that's basically extinct on the market these days, let alone it be the exclusive... WAY to good to be true. I agree with Colossus, check EVERYTHING. get pics from the seller, not just stock photos (some people try and get away with that).

for the price they're selling for, there is either something wrong with the piece, or they're trying to sell a fake. good luck on your endeavor, i myself hope to get my hands on this piece one day (though i have accepted the fact it will probably never happen) :crying :violin

He will be worth the wait, when you do find one. Doom really is a masterpiece :rock
Just be careful when searching. As some have said if it's too good to be true, it usually isn't and with high ticket piece like Doom you need to make sure it's all legit and you cover yourself in every way.

000_0005_00.jpg

:rock :duff
x :wave

Back