Doomsday Maquette - Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It cant be expensive or else everyone will just go with the prime 1 Doomsday.

Maybe so, but imo there's no way it'll be priced anywhere near Prime 1's version.

But even if it were, Prime 1's size alone would be a turn off to many collectors. Just it's height is the equivalent to many 1/2 scale pieces, whereas both its width and depth are quite a bit bigger. It's essentially a real estate hog. Honestly if I could fit that piece in my display I would probably rather go for the Wonder Woman on Horse which isn't too much bigger.

Maybe so, but imo there's no way it'll be priced anywhere near Prime 1's version.

But even if it were, Prime 1's size alone would be a turn off to many collectors. Just it's height is the equivalent to many 1/2 scale pieces, whereas both its width and depth are quite a bit bigger. It's essentially a real estate hog. Honestly if I could fit that piece in my display I would probably rather go for the Wonder Woman on Horse which isn't too much bigger.

Agreed, the scale for p1 is lovely but its too big comparing to 1:4. I love the p1 scales for the characters which should be big. But the p1 version is beyond comic book scale next to superman pf. :lol. if it was darksied, thanos, then fine.

It shouldn’t be anyway...

I'm actually shocked that the prices for both could be the same. crazy! looks at the p1 and ss maquette prices. it's been the same and it won't be getting less but on ly m ore for all ss stuff.

Agreed, the scale for p1 is lovely but its too big comparing to 1:4. I love the p1 scales for the characters which should be big. But the p1 version is beyond comic book scale next to superman pf. :lol. if it was darksied, thanos, then fine.

I'm actually shocked that the prices for both could be the same. crazy! looks at the p1 and ss maquette prices. it's been the same and it won't be getting less but on ly m ore for all ss stuff.

Obviously. As it should be given that most of the Prime 1 pieces are 1/3 scale.

Prime 1 doesn't really have an issue with their scaling, rather it's Sideshow who's pieces are all over the place. Not just when you include pieces from their maquettes which themselves don't have a single scaling but pieces within their premium format line don't always fit perfectly with each other.

rather it's Sideshow who's pieces are all over the place. Not just when you include pieces from their maquettes which themselves don't have a single scaling but pieces within their premium format line don't always fit perfectly with each other.

How dare you?! My batman premium format 1/3 scale statue fits perfectly with other 1/3 statues :lol

Looks good. That EX is interesting would go well with the original first appearance comic.

Pics..

Attachments

• 77D40A3E-FA48-4249-A5F2-D63BBAD94DFA.jpeg
    77D40A3E-FA48-4249-A5F2-D63BBAD94DFA.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 133
  • 6AE2C997-A41C-4973-9145-0CED7787BD3D.jpeg
    6AE2C997-A41C-4973-9145-0CED7787BD3D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 291
  • 4D1A1F83-DC76-4F56-8824-3FE32301D593.jpeg
    4D1A1F83-DC76-4F56-8824-3FE32301D593.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 129
Looks amazing so far just worried about QC issues. All those spikes i can see lots of broken pieces.

TOT was $1200 and that was sold to us by sideshow as like having 2 statues. Surely this piece will not be over $1200.

that's $2K :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I can't imagine it'll be that much.

Given that Prime 1's version is $1,699 USD, and that one I believe is 1/3 scale and including the base is 38.18" or nearly a metre in height! And almost as wide as well as deep.

Meh, this looks like something SSC conjured up; and not comic accurate. What's with the ornate armor on his thigh? Is this comic accurate? Mr. Green can't read comics anymore!!!

Gotta say, discounting scale and price, Prime 1 doomsday look much better to me.

Back