Doomsday Maquette - Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1125x1200_previewbanner_DoomsdayMaq.jpg

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/doomsday-maquette/

This is great news, but ...dammit ... they had to make into a Maquette. This will cost a pretty penny.

It'll be interesting to see how it compares to Prime's--which is absolute perfection. Hopefully they don't make it vinyl and don't put their own Sideshow spin on it.

Hope this will look as good as the P1 version. I'm optimistic ...so we shall see.

Maybe not $1,200 but due to the size and "maquette" label, IMO this is at least going to be $1,000.

Definitely more than 1000.00. I c an gurantee it already. All maquette's cost more than 1k way back already. Now for 2018 it's minimum going to be thanks pricing. But I did wish it was 1k. Imagine if this was almost the same price as the p1 at 1:3. prices has gone through the roof!

Yep. That sounds like a solid plan. Preordering things from Popcultcha early is usually a good bet if you can lock in the early pricing, especially given that they don't have the dreaded NRDs that Sideshow does.

I myself have got a couple of things I have to order in next couple of days to lock in my 19% (10% x2) discounts.

Dreaded NRDs. NRDs are on only dreaded by the idiots who order stuff they don't intend to actually buy.

DC getting some love

I wonder if there’s something going on with theIr DC license. Sideshow has never announced this many DC statues at once. It kills me that they STILL haven’t made Flash, and I’d hate to see them stop without producing him.

I wonder if there’s something going on with theIr DC license. Sideshow has never announced this many DC statues at once. It kills me that they STILL haven’t made Flash, and I’d hate to see them stop without producing him.

I have to agree ...this is a lot in one bang. It does feel unusual.

Not sure if its license related, tho. Maybe they're trying to choke out the competition. :dunno

If that’s what they’re doing then they better make sure they deliver on the final product. Plus, some of their DC designs are lacking so they’re already failing in that regard.

Definitely more than 1000.00. I c an gurantee it already. All maquette's cost more than 1k way back already. Now for 2018 it's minimum going to be thanks pricing. But I did wish it was 1k. Imagine if this was almost the same price as the p1 at 1:3. prices has gone through the roof!

Maybe but the Magneto Maquette (ahem) was only priced at $750 and even though this will be bigger, I don't know if Doomsday is as popular as Thanos; hence, my $1,000 guess.

If that’s what they’re doing then they better make sure they deliver on the final product. Plus, some of their DC designs are lacking so they’re already failing in that regard.

Yep, their costume design choices certainly don't have me hitting the PO button. I passed on slam dunk POs like Deathstroke, Cap, Magneto, and Batman because I didn't like their sideshowified costumes. Out of all the DC PFs recently released, only Green Arrow and Doomsday has caught my eye.

Back