Doom... "They don't call me the most dangerous man alive for nothing."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, my Doom Exclusive arrived today. He looks AMAZING! I do have a question.
The cracks seen in the lower part of the picture are normal right?

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

I was ready to reply "of course" those are supposed to be there. That's the death side of the throne and it would make sense that it would have cracks like that. But on close examination of mine it doesn't appear to have the same hairline seperation.

I like pic#4. Gives him kind of a Mac Daddy look. My second choice would be #1. The most traditional look. Years ago I had FF #5, the first appearance. Great book. He's one of the best villains Stan Lee ever thought up. Congrats on a great figure!

Anybody else have these cracks on yours? Both back sides of the throne have them. Not sure if I should send it back or not? Or shouldn't I worry about it?

Last edited:
I will let you know on Friday when mine arrives in the mail if mine has those cracks. Hey, where are you from in Minnesota? I live in Farmington and I work in Savage.

mlarsen said:
Anybody else have these cracks on yours? Both back sides of the throne have them. Not sure if I should send it back or not? Or shouldn't I worry about it?

I think I would send it back, mine doesn't have those cracks.

I know of Doom and remember some from the Spiderman cartoon growing up but looking at this piece of art(incredible) from SS made me do a search. here's a good link for those who loved the piece but don't know anything about his origins:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Doom

I didn't want to start a new thread but instead add to an existing one with my new baby. This is my absolute favorite SSC piece and is the Holy Grail of my collection. I would sell off everything I own before touching this one and this easily moved my Master Replicas Luke ROTJ v2 out of the top spot. Thanks Loki!

NewArrivals028-2.jpg

NewArrivals030-2.jpg

NewArrivals027-2.jpg

NewArrivals026-2.jpg

After some slight Hood Futzing:

NewArrivals032-1.jpg

NewArrivals034-1.jpg

NewArrivals036-1.jpg

:confused:Hey, that looks nothing like the Doom in the movie.

:naughty

Congrats-- That's a beautiful piece.

Its the best PF to date from any license IMHO. Doom deserves all the hype he gets. Oh....and the PIMP CUP? I can't imagine this piece without.

Back