Doom Eternal Doomslayer - Mondo/Dark Horse Direct

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been saying this for a while but Mondo are massively overpriced for the quality of their product (in 1/6 figures - their vinyls and artwork is great).

I still hope the Slayer can be done by a more competent company. The Threezero one is loaded with rubber/soft pvc and the proportions are off in places. This new Mondo one is poorly designed in terms of articulation/construction, the paint sucks and scale seems slightly undersized.

Maybe OG classic Doomguy will be the version to see a good quality release. I can dream eh?

In the meantime, I think that if we want these Doomguy/Slayer figures properly scaled, with ideal articulation and great paint we will have to make them ourselves. Thanks to 3D printing that is actually something achievable now. Perhaps someone will make a limited run of properly done Doom figures in their garage that puts Mondo and Threezero to shame.

A high priced 1/6 figure without ankle rockers and being under sized are the 2 main reasons why I wont buy this even though I am a hard core fan of Doom

Anyone else feel like the figure is way over priced for the fact that Mondo doesn't have the best QC and paint apps? At $295usd, it seems a bit crazy for basically an oversized McFarlane figure. The accessories are on point, but the fact that in the preview pics they didn't do the face under the visor like the prototype shows as well as the iffy nature of their paint apps in the shipped product seems crazy to me.

Then again, I preordered the 1/6 scale max factory Guyver I figure at <$700usd...so my point of view may be a bit questionable at best, lol.

All that being said, I really hope this figure turns out amazing as there isnt enough 1/6 scale Doom merch available or even being worked on.

Anyone else feel like the figure is way over priced for the fact that Mondo doesn't have the best QC and paint apps? At $295usd, it seems a bit crazy for basically an oversized McFarlane figure. The accessories are on point, but the fact that in the preview pics they didn't do the face under the visor like the prototype shows as well as the iffy nature of their paint apps in the shipped product seems crazy to me.

Then again, I preordered the 1/6 scale max factory Guyver I figure at <$700usd...so my point of view may be a bit questionable at best, lol.

All that being said, I really hope this figure turns out amazing as there isnt enough 1/6 scale Doom merch available or even being worked on.
They announced a Red Variant, hoping for OG Doom Guy or Doom 64 Guy. Those I would be willing to shell out for.

Doomslayer_1080x1080_ANC1_1024x1024.png
Doomslayer_PP_002_1024x1024.jpg
DOOM Eternal - Doom Slayer 1/6 Scale Action Figure Crimson Variant (Mondo Exclusive).

Limited Edition Includes:

Doom Slayer ⅙ Scale Action Figure (Crimson Suit)
Equipment Launcher/Shoulder Cannon
Doom Blade
BFG 9000
Chainsaw
Crucible Sword
Heavy Rifle
Plasma Gun
Super Shotgun with Meat Hook
Lost Soul including Acrylic Stand
Four (4) Interchangeable Right Hands
Four (4) Interchangeable Left Hands

Limit three per customer. Payment plans are available. Ships worldwide. Free shipping to the United States, Canada, UK and the EU. Edition of 666. $295

Love the game and would love to get this figure, but $295 is way overpriced, plus it'll need a serious repaint.

Seriously, 3rd party companies really need to take note and give us better Doom Guy figures. ThreeA/Threezero one has lots of rubber/soft PVC, weird proportions and poor articulation, Mondo has limited articulation, seems to be short and has less than perfect paint (at least from what we have seen). While I have the ThreeA/Threezero one and have both Mondo versions ordered (plus the VTS Karl Urban movie Doomguy) I really hope some other company such as SooSoo, Toys Era, Dam Toys, VTS etc do better versions of both the 2016 Doom Marine and Eternal Doomslayer as well as the OG Doomguy from Doom 1/2, the Doomed Marine from Doom 3 and a whole bunch of monsters for them to fight. Mondo does at least include the Lost Soul in their exclusive slayer figures but still, some Imps, possesed zombies, Revenant and summoner would be nice.

It was delivered late as I was not home on initial delivery day but just opened it a couple mins ago.

Initial impressions are that it is as expected. height is normal 1:6 figure height, so he isn't tall, the paint is neca like, the materials and joint style all scream action figure. The range of accessories is good, articulation is somewhat limited but better than the 3A slayer.
For me, while I consider it an overpriced action figure as opposed to premium collectible (grab it on sale if you can, avoid full price) I am glad to have it. I am pleased that it doesn't use rubber/soft pvc like the 3A one does so it gets points there. the crotch gap isn't as bad in person as it is in photos and while not as tall as I hoped it does have some bulk to it.

It was delivered late as I was not home on initial delivery day but just opened it a couple mins ago.

Initial impressions are that it is as expected. height is normal 1:6 figure height, so he isn't tall, the paint is neca like, the materials and joint style all scream action figure. The range of accessories is good, articulation is somewhat limited but better than the 3A slayer.
For me, while I consider it an overpriced action figure as opposed to premium collectible (grab it on sale if you can, avoid full price) I am glad to have it. I am pleased that it doesn't use rubber/soft pvc like the 3A one does so it gets points there. the crotch gap isn't as bad in person as it is in photos and while not as tall as I hoped it does have some bulk to it.
Is the height 13 inches? Thanks

appreciate the "grab on sale" vote and honesty here - I've got the Prime1 Ultimate Doomslayer which I'm very happy with; I just don't see a premium collectible on this one but if the bethesda store drops it to ~175 (or the DHD store) I'd probably snag it. I have a ton of bethesda points/free shipping all the time, too, so fingers crossed it happens.

Back