Does anyone here NOT like the super predators

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Wolf Predator was cool, the movie, eh, it was better than watching "The sound of music". AvP looked like football players and the Elder Predator with the cape and all that jazz very Klingon like. Yuck.

The problem these days is that kids who have seen the AVP films before they have seen the 2 original films thinks that's what a Predator is. Scar for example.
To me, Predator 1 is what Predator is to me.

To newer fans, Scar and co. are what's Predator to them.

Maybe seeing Predator and Predator 2 before seeing the more recent films might help newer fans to appreciate the original Predators films and Predator monsters.

I'm not putting the AVP films down. Each has there own unique aspects I like.

Is this directed at me? I was born in 1977. I saw the first Predator movie in the theaters when I was 9 years old. What were you doing in 1987?

I have nostalgia for the things I liked as a child while still acknowledging their flaws.

I hope you realize you're wrong.

I'm pretty sure you saw AvP before Predator.

I saw the first Predator movie in the theaters when I was 9 years old. Did you?

EDIT: And yes, before anyone asks, they let me in the theaters even though it was rated R. My mom was with me so they let her take me in (I had to beg her to take me to see it).

Last edited:
In a way he has a point, the Jungle Hunter is kind of a _____, just sniping people off. Still the best movie though of the bunch.

Exactly what I've said. It's the best movie of the bunch - pacing, dialogue, one-liners, characters. Had a huge impact on my childhood. Enough to spend my money on Predator toys even though I'm a grown-ass man. That said, the AvP movies, while inferior, took the franchise in a different but not unwelcome direction: amping the challenge for the Preds considerably.

Not a fan of the new Predator movie or the designs. My favourite is still the first Predator movie and design. The AVPs I enjoyed for what they were. Predator 2 bored me to tears it was so bad.

I saw the first Predator movie in the theaters when I was 9 years old. Did you?

EDIT: And yes, before anyone asks, they let me in the theaters even though it was rated R. My mom was with me so they let her take me in (I had to beg her to take me to see it).

Yes, I saw it when I was 9. Not in the theaters, but later.

It just seems like you have the knowlage of the super honor crap from the AvP movies, put into the first. Which is silly.

:hi5:
Predator 2 is awesome!

And for the last time his name is not mr.black. It's bezerker. holy crapples.

Nope. It's Mr. Black. That was his name during the production. They changed it, but i'm sticking with it because it's his name in the script.

Yes, I saw it when I was 9. Not in the theaters, but later.

It just seems like you have the knowlage of the super honor crap from the AvP movies, put into the first. Which is silly.

Just watched the AvP movies tonight. Don't recall any honor crap talked about. In fact, they killed a number of humans trying to run away without having attacked the predator.

I think the main source of predator honor is actually sportsmanship, coming first from Dutch making the girl leave the gun alone because the predator hadn't killed her because she was unarmed. It was there, that this precedence was set, as you know.

It's also sporting to not kill pregnant game, or game during a season when they are known to be pregnant (such as fish spawning). Although, spawning time is good fishing IMO, so it's relative to the hunter I guess. But, that's probably at the heart of the female cop not getting killed in Predator 2.

Is this directed at me? I was born in 1977. I saw the first Predator movie in the theaters when I was 9 years old. What were you doing in 1987?

I have nostalgia for the things I liked as a child while still acknowledging their flaws.

I had just been born in 1987 but I went straight to the cinema from the hospital to see Predator.

:hi5:

Nope. It's Mr. Black. That was his name during the production. They changed it, but i'm sticking with it because it's his name in the script.

You love debating facts, aka love being clearly wrong I noticed.And my comment wasn't even directed towards. look at the neca or hot toys figure, his name isn't Mr.Black, and why would you even want it to be? that name frankly, sucks.

You love debating facts, aka love being clearly wrong I noticed.And my comment wasn't even directed towards. look at the neca or hot toys figure, his name isn't Mr.Black, and why would you even want it to be? that name frankly, sucks.
Yeah.. Thats an opinion. I never call Mr. Black "Berzerker". It fits the character better, and was his original name.

Yeah.. Thats an opinion. I never call Mr. Black "Berzerker". It fits the character better, and was his original name.

Nickname! The crew thought it was funny so they called it that... Officially according to fox it's berserker. kthxbai :wave

Back