Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another day... BBC Reacts to new remour. Read it closely and notice it's not a denial.

source: Bleeding Cool

BBC Officially Responds To Bleeding Cool Over Doctor Who Rumours

In conversation with a number of BBC folk, I have an official statement from the BBC. It regards the recent rumours of the return of large number of missing, presumed wiped episodes of Doctor Who, as well as Dad’s Army, Morecambe And Wise, The Sky At Night and more that you may have read about on Bleeding Cool over the last few days or even late into the night.

Philip Fleming, Head of Communications, Brands, Content & Digital, BBC Worldwide tells me;

There are always rumours and speculation about Doctor Who missing episodes being discovered, however we cannot confirm any new finds.

But then, he’s probably telling everyone that. From the BBC, however, that is as good as you are going to get in the very near future.

Fingers still oh-so-very crossed.

Well, if you want to do that you need to watch An Unearthly Child and work your way through 50 years of stories. :)

I find the first modern series a bit hard to recommend at this point to people, until about the halfway point. Rose is rough around the edges, especially from a production standpoint. Writing-wise I still like it, but its faults are harder to overlook. And the World War 3/ Aliens of London 2-parter has it's charms but is borderline embarrassing in parts.

I really like The Unquiet Dead, but there are plenty of people who do not. But if you watch "Dalek", "Father's Day." "The Empty Child" and "The Doctor Dances" and don't like them, then you're just not set-up right to enjoy Doctor Who. :)

Glad I've already watched through all the Nu-Who series, i don't think I've ever really gone back and watched them all in order, I don't think i could sit through some episodes again.

it's a series though, isn't it? You're supposed to watch from the start right?

My dad showed me 2 episodes. One from Tennant's days, one from Smith's days.

I'll stop when Tennant's version dies, thank you.

Bu this post is only for you Zach. Only for...you.

Exclusive_David_Tennant_Photo%252C_Courtesy_of_Jonathan_Ross.jpg

Back