Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, if BBC money was no object Ralph Fiennes or Alan Rickman would be so freaking wicked. It would really be a luxury if some established actor just wanted to do it for a lark.

I hear Ben Daniels being mentioned a fair bit, I'd actually be alright with that, and yes I agree a relatively unknown actor is best for the role. My brother in law is always saying how he'd like Bill Bailey to be the Doctor but I always tell him I'd only ever see Bill and not the Doctor, he is just to well know.

Man, if BBC money was no object Ralph Fiennes or Alan Rickman would be so freaking wicked. It would really be a luxury if some established actor just wanted to do it for a lark.

I read somewhere that Ralph's brother Joseph was up for the role last time. I would actually get a name actor to do it but no body to big like Pix said. I would love to see Paul Bettany or even Joseph Finnes for that matter. They're name actors but not A listers. That may actually bring in a few more fans. I guarantee it won't happen but it would be cool.

Mostly I think it would be awesome because big name actors have a certain gravitas that the role needs.

Why not? there is Whovian prescident. There is atleast oen timelord that the doctor has known as both male, AND female.

The Doctor is male.

I am sure Sherlock Holmes knew a transvestite or two, doesn't mean Holmes should be a woman. Plus I think it would gimmicky and cheapen the show.

Besides, for all we know, that Timelord was trangender. I am sure Time Lords can have a sex change too... surely... :D

According to what i've read, it's possible for regeneration to cause it. 11 even freaked out after his regenration becuase he thought it had happend to him at first :D

I'm all in favor of a non-white Doctor, but I'd prefer he stay male. Not for any misogynistic reason, but changing sexes makes him a little too amorphous for me.

I'd be fine with a female Doctor other than the fact that, as PT says, it'd feel gimmicky.

I'm all in favor of a non-white Doctor, but I'd prefer he stay male. Not for any misogynistic reason, but changing sexes makes him a little too amorphous for me.

Yea, I agree. Gender is one of if not the largest characteristic that influences identity, and suddenly switching it would make the character feel like an entirely different person.

But even if they are going to do a female doctor, please not Emma Watson. I think shes hot too, but no more Doctors in thier 20s. Is it too much to ask that the actor that plays the Doctor be old enough to be a doctor?

I'm sure most of you guys have heard the recent uproar about "Is Doctor Who racist". For those that haven't there is a book getting ready to come out saying that it isjust because not black actor has been the Doctor. REALLY? Apparently they don't realize that the Doctor has saved being of every size, shape, color, etc. I think it may be s well played card at this time to try and change the Doctor's race on this go round with enough public outcry. That's a BS reason to put a black actor as the Doctor but it may turn out that way. I really hope it doesn't because he could be the best Doctor ever and people would say he only got the part because he's black. It's a no win situation because if you don't have a black actor, according to the outcry, then it's a "racist show". If you do hire a black actor, then people say it's only because of the outcry. I just want a Doctor(I don't care if he's baby blue with brown stripes) upholds the character we've all come to know and love.

I hate how people try to make issues where none have been, is James Bond racist? His face has changed a few times and if its presumed that 'James Bond' is just a code name, there's no problem with someone of a different race taking the role on, as of yet that hasn't happened and i don't recall any uproar or book releases.

I'm firmly in the boat of wanting a male for the role, in Gaiman's episode he mentioned the time lords changing race but its just not something I'm keen on seeing. Like my previous use of James Bond, the Doctor feels like a male hero character since that's all he has been for 50 years, to suddenly change that persons gender would feel very strange indeed.

I would love someone of John Hurts age to take the role, less sprinting around, using the sonic on everything and more investigation and using his brain to get him out of a jam.
But the kids who have grown up since 2005 with Nu-Who and the new main stream audience probably wouldn't get on board with an old, grumpier Doctor, the kids want fast action.

Clearly you haven't seen Skyfall. James Bond is not a code name.

I'd be fine with an older actor as the Doc next time but he has to be British. Years ago my favorite to take over the role would have been John Cleese but he hasn't done a starring TV role since the 70's so that's not going to happen.

Back