Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
also, this.

maurice-moss-12th-doctor-who.jpg

or... here is a novel take.. the doctor regenerates inside his own timeline.. and goes missing. But the Tardis is still there.

Madme Vastra and company go looking for him, searching for rumors of his location throughout time and space.

for an entire season.

or... here is a novel take.. the doctor regenerates inside his own timeline.. and goes missing. But the Tardis is still there.

Madme Vastra and company go looking for him, searching for rumors of his location throughout time and space.

for an entire season.

That would be fun for a few episodes but not a whole season.

Richard Ayoade would be amazing as the Doctor. :lecture

The Doctor is always played by a man, having a woman would open up a massive can of worms. Was he a she during his first incarnation (#0 if you count Hartnell as #1) and is really a grandmother not a grandfather. When they finally bring back the Rani, will it be a he or a she? Will the Master return as a woman?

BTW John Hurt filmed scenes for the Xmas special.....

The Doctor is always played by a man, having a woman would open up a massive can of worms. Was he a she during his first incarnation (#0 if you count Hartnell as #1) and is really a grandmother not a grandfather. When they finally bring back the Rani, will it be a he or a she? Will the Master return as a woman?

BTW John Hurt filmed scenes for the Xmas special.....

Oh? Where did you hear that?

funny all of the cross-gender angst i'm seeing.

To me, it's wierd to think that the Hub of all things is more progressive than BBC.
[ame]https://youtu.be/QET4LliFSaA[/ame]
:lol

Susan is worth revisiting for an episode or two just to give us a chance to reconcile the first Doctor's backstory with the more recent series.

I don't think we should ever know 'everything' about the Doctor, but it's mentioned serval times he had a family once upon a time. That's a story worth seeing.

What, the Doctor? Someone who changes face, character and attitude whenever he regenerates!

Yes, I understand that, but as has been stated earlier in this thread, gender is a pretty defining characteristic. If even that's in flux, then what are Time Lords, just amorphous, asexual blobs that become whatever they want to be? The precedent for them changing gender in the 50 year history of the series is non-existent aside from a line of throw away dialogue from The Doctor's Wife (yet another reason for me to despise that episode). If people want a female Time Lord on the show again, bring back Romana. Hell, they could even bring back Susan and explore that side of the character that we never got to see. There's no good reason to make the Doctor female aside from shock value.

Yes, I understand that, but as has been stated earlier in this thread, gender is a pretty defining characteristic. If even that's in flux, then what are Time Lords, just amorphous, asexual blobs that become whatever they want to be? The precedent for them changing gender in the 50 year history of the series is non-existent aside from a line of throw away dialogue from The Doctor's Wife (yet another reason for me to despise that episode). If people want a female Time Lord on the show again, bring back Romana. Hell, they could even bring back Susan and explore that side of the character that we never got to see. There's no good reason to make the Doctor female aside from shock value.

Agreed. I know there is an element in the LGTB community that would like to see a female Doctor, but doing so actually undermines their agenda.

Pix, while agree with you about it undermining their agenda ( and coming off as a token character) sit back, and TRY to read all the comments about it objectively as someone who dosn't KNOW Dr Who, but knows that they recast the actors, and that he magicay changes appearence.
And tell me it dosn't read like homophobia/transphobia.

Pix, while agree with you about it undermining their agenda ( and coming off as a token character) sit back, and TRY to read all the comments about it objectively as someone who dosn't KNOW Dr Who, but knows that they recast the actors, and that he magicay changes appearence.
And tell me it dosn't read like homophobia/transphobia.

Well to be honest I don't care. The day they aim the show solely at the most casual of fans is the day the show will die.

I wouldn't really mind if the Doctor regenerated into a female if it was an actress who really owns the screen. There's nothing inherently bad or good about a female actress in the role.

The biggest reason to hesitate on this is not for "political or social statement" being felt by the outside world, but simply because the show could possibly be bogged down by it in terms of storylines, plots, dialog and jokes.

Do we want endless heavy handed jokes (this is the BBC and Moffat by the way) about hormones, pms, sex changes, whether the companion is her lover, etc etc.

I'm just not thrilled with the idea of the process of change.

If 12 regenerated into a woman and the show spent less than 15minutes on the fact its a woman and then once that initial shock was done the writers left it alone and proceeded as somewhat normal, whats the problem really?

The same could be said for race as well.

It is what the writers make it. It could be a simple painless transistion or they could beat us over the head with how daring and edgy they are.

Back