Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Marc!

More on the episode.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree with every point you just made though the part you put in spoilers was pretty shocking. Not in a bad way, just a "whoa" moment for me.

Glad you like the birdhouse. Kinda sad for me no one else really said anything. Oh well.

Its a very cool birdhouse! And great gift idea :wink1:

The Doctor has always been a bit dark though and his older incarnations had used violence.
In the first episode the First tried to kill with a rock, Four snapped a neck and Six push guards into acid. And as for Seven, well he was a bit more sinister at times.

I think the thing with the Doctor is he isnt really a hero, just always on an adventure, ends up interfering and saving the moment due to his superior intellect... He stole his mode of transport and was exiled from his own planet after all, i think Moffat is really starting to get back to the consequences of his past actions.

Hmm. I definately not a Who expert. I always thought he was supposed to be a pacifist more or less.

He's supposed to be, but has always had a dark and violent streak. Hell, the 6th Doctor sneaks up behind a guy and murders him with a cyanide soaked rag in The Two Doctors and then drops a quippy James Bond one-liner.

Fx6XitEMNkmjBAJfbHyLQA2.jpg

That is awesome! is that Borderlands?

I really enjoyed 'The Power of Three' it was a really great idea to show the world from the view of the companion.

The whole Shakri felt shoe-horned in at the last minute, as did the freaky 'Empty Doctor' style nurses and wavy Sonic ending. All of which i understand when the episode is entirely character based, need some space and odd baddies to keep it 'a Who episode'

Brian was once again a Joy, definatley Moffat era Wilf. And
Spoiler Spoiler:

Kate Lethbridge-Stewart looks like a character they hope they can use again. This episode was an OK introduction but she needs an edge. I don't buy UNIT becoming a Torchwood clone.

WOW! What a wonderful season so far. Definitely the best Matt Smith season. I keep saying, the pacing of the delivery of the lines has improved 1000%. We actually can make out what they are saying! How novel.

This was such a good mid-season finale. Truly a great way to say goodbye to some companions.

I agree. I think so far thus has been Matt's best season. I am glad he is going to put stay Tennant. Series 7b is shaping up to be a good one too.

So.... This week's episode made me cry like baby. Can't believe how well Matt has fallen into the role.

?'s though!!
Spoiler Spoiler:

and
Spoiler Spoiler:

Have to be honest i didn't think 'Angels take Manhatten' was any good, but i cant put my finger on why. I think i found the story to be a little boring, not Moffats worst wrote episode, but definitely not his best.

Going to give it a rewatch though, perhaps i was in a grump when it aired!

So.... This week's episode made me cry like baby. Can't believe how well Matt has fallen into the role.

?'s though!!
Spoiler Spoiler:

and
Spoiler Spoiler:

Per the first question:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Per the second question, I don't think we really know.

Per the first question:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Per the second question, I don't think we really know.

The paradoxes get me every time (as in both these cases). Wibbly wobbly timey wimey indeed :gah:

Back