Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The TARDIS interior is amazing looking, functional and much more like a time craft, not a junk yard scrap heap. I can't wait to see more of it, it seems much narrower and smaller than the old, but with the stairs rails there must be more underneath.

Yes, that new console room is ****ing gorgeous. Love love love it!

Loved the episode, and boy do I love the new interior!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKy3kZPBt90[/ame]

Loving Clara - hating the retro-izing of EVERYTHING. The new interior looks like Baker would be at home there - and that's NOT a good thing. The new opening was very '60s groovy - also NOT a good thing.

I do like where they're going with the relationship and I love the mystery surrounding a companion. But I hope they don't drag it out as long as they did River's mystery. I'd agree that I'd like to see more of Strax.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the opening title sequence. Seeing the return of the Doctor's face in the opening made me smile. :D

Loving Clara - hating the retro-izing of EVERYTHING. The new interior looks like Baker would be at home there - and that's NOT a good thing. The new opening was very '60s groovy - also NOT a good thing.

I do like where they're going with the relationship and I love the mystery surrounding a companion. But I hope they don't drag it out as long as they did River's mystery. I'd agree that I'd like to see more of Strax.

Is it opposite day at the Darklord household? :dunno

I disagree with with you DD. I loved seeing them go a bit more traditional with some of the new pieces in this episode.

I agree the face in the titles is overdue for a return. Nice titles.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QGbsNIZ-uo[/ame]

Bumped into this also. A guy is using a VR program to make his TARDIS bigger on the inside.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUBxHd3bMhg[/ame]

Just a great episode all around and a great setup for what's coming up this season/series. Awesome that The Great Intelligence is back and was voiced by Ian McKellan and all the other nods to Troughton too (we could use some Yeti in an upcoming story to make it real damn special). Sorry Dave. Have to disagree with you on all of the retro stuff. For me, everything old is new again.

Are you guys sure that was Ian McKellan? It sure sounded like Patrick Stewart to me.

It definitely was Ian McKellan but there were points where he sounded a lot like Patrick Stewart, I agree. Before I saw the credits, I actually thought it could be Stewart too, though after watching it a second time it definitely SOUNDS more like McKellan.

I loved the episode. I have no nitpicks about any of the retro stuff. Looks great to me.

Only complaint was Clara being from the Victorian era didn't have ANY apprehension about all the oddities going on around her: aliens, snowmen, computers, memory worms, etc. I was confused if that was just her not being easily impressed or if it was supposed to indicate how she's a "future soul" or whatever. I will say, I loved her line about being "smaller on the outside". It was obvious she was going to say that, but it fit her quirky personality perfectly.

But damn, is she fine. Just edges Martha for hottest companion of the new series for me.

Is there a story behind her being cast as the companion? Did they know this when they filmed her initial Dalek Oswin story or did they like her so much they wrote her in?

If they wrote this Oswin is Clara storyline by the seat of their pants just because they liked the actress, I have to say they have thus far done a swell job because its intriguing for sure.

Last edited:
I liked the sneak peak glimpses at the end of what I assume are Ice Warriors. Really every bit of it made it seem that series 7B is going to be really really cool.

My biggest gripe right now is the f'ing scheduling. 13 episodes is already a short season to begin with, but then they break it into two 6 episode chunks and a standalone Christsmas special.

Join up the episode run or do more episodes. At least if they did another 4 or 6 then you would have two runs of eight or ten episodes.

Me too. It keeps Doctor Who as something to look forward to without forgetting it or getting sick to death of it.

I loved the episode. I have no nitpicks about any of the retro stuff. Looks great to me.

Only complaint was Clara being from the Victorian era didn't have ANY apprehension about all the oddities going on around her: aliens, snowmen, computers, memory worms, etc. I was confused if that was just her not being easily impressed or if it was supposed to indicate how she's a "future soul" or whatever. I will say, I loved her line about being "smaller on the outside". It was obvious she was going to say that, but it fit her quirky personality perfectly.

But damn, is she fine. Just edges Martha for hottest companion of the new series for me.

Is there a story behind her being cast as the companion? Did they know this when they filmed her initial Dalek Oswin story or did they like her so much they wrote her in?

If they wrote this Oswin is Clara storyline by the seat of their pants just because they liked the actress, I have to say they have thus far done a swell job because its intriguing for sure.

I remember when her first episode came out they were already talking about her as the new companion - and since Clara "remembered" what Oswin said to the Doctor - there's obviously something going on that's part of a bigger mystery. And I have to agree - I thought it would be be hard to top Amy - but I'm loving her already.

Back