Doctor Strange: the movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sold on Luke Evans, I just checked his filmography and he seems to star in nothing but duds. The few movies I've seen him in he's failed to impress me, he would be a major step down from Phoenix and some of the other guys rumored for the role. Marvel for the most part hires quality actors for their main roles and while Luke Evans kinda has the look for Strange, I don't know if he has the chops to play a character like Strange.

I'm not sold on Luke Evans, I just checked his filmography and he seems to star in nothing but duds. The few movies I've seen him in he's failed to impress me, he would be a major step down from Phoenix and some of the other guys rumored for the role. Marvel for the most part hires quality actors for their main roles and while Luke Evans kinda has the look for Strange, I don't know if he has the chops to play a character like Strange.
I'm with you on that. I think folks may be latching onto him because he has the right look, but from what I've seen his acting skills are pretty surface level. And Phoenix, despite his various personality issues, is a good actor. But then again, maybe Evans hasn't had a fair chance to prove himself since most of the movies he was in were crappy.

Leto has acting chops, and can be very weird and quirky. I would take him over Luke Evans.

Folks should remember that Strange isn't supposed to be a traditional super hero. At all. He doesn't need to have a chiseled chin or look like he could bust out gladiator armor and start sword fighting aliens or something.

Jack Huston as Strange.....make it happen, Marvel!

Jack%20Huston-LAG-003046.jpg

^^ Another good actor who I would be interested in. Though you could dye just about anyone's hair black and put on a fake mustache if necessary. I think with Strange, you really have to focus on acting chops first, and any cosmetic stuff secondarily. This isn't a Captain America or Thor situation, where the looks are so key IMO.

Huston fits the trend Marvel has been following too, lesser known but established actors that they can lock into a multi-picture contract.

Leto just doesn't look the part and have ever you heard him speak? He sounds like he's 19 years old, I don't want to hear any spells coming out of his mouth.

Doctor Strange has a much deeper, stern voice and he looks older. He doesn't have a huge physique but he's also not too skinny like Spiderman.

I think Leto is a solid actor but he's not right for Doctor Strange, he would make a better Ms Marvel in my opinion.

Yeah, believe it or not I've heard Leto speak once or twice :lol

This is a character audiences know bupkus about for the most part. He's like Stark was pre-2008, only way way less obscure than even that. Cosmetic similarities to the source are probably only a minor consideration to Marvel Studios, and that is appropriate in this case IMO. Getting a character who can fit into the other stuff Marvel Studios are doing, and can do it well is what matters.

That's a pretty good comparison, I guess I can see Leto working for everyone except the diehard Strange fanboys like myself, I would prefer if Marvel chose Cummberbatch over him though.

Back