Doctor Strange: the movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're just an irrational Nolan hater, admit it! He wasn't great as Bane IMO, but that wasn't his fault either (well, maybe the weird voice was his idea for all I know). Now Cumberbatch. . .there's your overrated actor.

You're just an irrational Nolan hater, admit it! He wasn't great as Bane IMO, but that wasn't his fault either (well, maybe the weird voice was his idea for all I know). Now Cumberbatch. . .there's your overrated actor.

Nope, and he wasn't great as Bane. Hardy's just not all that great and my dislike of him wasn't born with TDKR. I haven't liked him since Nemesis and despise the fact that he's Max. I agree with Cumberbatch as well but while we're at it, toss Fassbender in there too because as much as people squirt their paints proclaiming otherwise, he's no Christoph Waltz.

Last edited:
Nope, and he wasn't great as Bane. Hardy's just not all that great and my dislike of him wasn't born with TDKR. I haven't liked him since Nemesis and despise the fact that he's Max. I agree with Cumberbatch as well but while we're at it, toss Fassbender in there too because as much as people squirt their paints proclaiming otherwise, he's no Christoph Waltz.

Dear lord, but I get attacked when I say Chris Evans isn’t a good actor :slap

Fassbender is a very good actor, Shame and 12 Years really sold me on him even though I liked him before that, Hardy is another very good actor, he was amazing in Locke and The Drop, both men got hyped up by fanboys before they should have, but for the past 2 years or so they’ve certainly lived up to that hype. Cummberbatch is still a bit too early to tell, he’s currently getting that undeserved hype, but I thought he was awesome in August: Osage County, and he’s been getting nothing but praise for The Intimidation Game which he will probably get at least an Oscar nomination for this year, also loved him in Started For 10.

Now Christopher Waltz, thats an overrated actor right there.

Phoenix was my number 1 choice for Strange, but if he declined the role, then I would probably prefer if Cummberbatch got the role over Hardy since Hardy already had his superhero movie moment.

I don’t know why people want Leto for Strange, that would be the absolute worst person to cast in my opinion, the guy doesn’t resemble Strange at all, looks way too young (I know he’s in his 40s), has a Peter Parker like physique and hasn’t really shown me in any of his roles that he can play a character like Strange.

Hopefully none of those guys get picked though and Marvel goes back to begging Phoenix to take the role.

Fassbender deserves the praise. So does Hardy for Warrior, Bronson, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. . .I also like Christoph quite a bit, though his Tarantino roles have just been variations on a theme, and I haven't seen him in anything else yet (I want to see his Gilliam movie).

Dear lord, but I get attacked when I say Chris Evans isn’t a good actor :slap

Fassbender is a very good actor, Shame and 12 Years really sold me on him even though I liked him before that, Hardy is another very good actor, he was amazing in Locke and The Drop, both men got hyped up by fanboys before they should have, but for the past 2 years or so they’ve certainly lived up to that hype. Cummberbatch is still a bit too early to tell, he’s currently getting that undeserved hype, but I thought he was awesome in August: Osage County, and he’s been getting nothing but praise for The Intimidation Game which he will probably get at least an Oscar nomination for this year, also loved him in Started For 10.

Now Christopher Waltz, thats an overrated actor right there.

Phoenix was my number 1 choice for Strange, but if he declined the role, then I would probably prefer if Cummberbatch got the role over Hardy since Hardy already had his superhero movie moment.

I don’t know why people want Leto for Strange, that would be the absolute worst person to cast in my opinion, the guy doesn’t resemble Strange at all, looks way too young (I know he’s in his 40s), has a Peter Parker like physique and hasn’t really shown me in any of his roles that he can play a character like Strange.

Hopefully none of those guys get picked though and Marvel goes back to begging Phoenix to take the role.

Kleenex-small-box.jpg

Luke Evans would be a great fit for the role, but I think they want someone more high profile for this role.

Why? He's on the rise and he's at the place where Marvel likes to pay, seems he's their perfect catch considering how they generally cast.

Same. As soon as he got a sequel he'd retire or something stupid. Glad he's out for whatever reasons.

:exactly:

He's too eccentric for my tastes.

He supposedly "quit" acting to "explore his musical career" and then said it was a "hoax". :cuckoo:

Luke Evans would be good for the role, IMO.

Why? He's on the rise and he's at the place where Marvel likes to pay, seems he's their perfect catch considering how they generally cast.
Agree.
But seems like he already signed multi-picture deal with Universal.
They are marketing "Dracula Untold" as the beginning of "bih horrah frunshise".

Agree.
But seems like he already signed multi-picture deal with Universal.
They are marketing "Dracula Untold" as the beginning of "bih horrah frunshise".

As long as we get a Monster version of the Avengers out of it, I'll be happy :lol

I didn't know this, but damn, that sounds pretty bad ass if they can pull off a decent franchise. Good for them.

I'd really like if they got Luke Evans. Dude is a baller. Some of the rumblings around marvel reveal that Dr. Strange may be a bigger character in the avengers and other movies in phase 3. If that is the case then they need a hire equivalent to Downey Jr.

Back