Doctor Strange: the movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keanu Reeves has been talking about the role recently because of all the fan support for him to star in it. I haven't heard any of this fan support :lol

Doesn't sound to me like Keanu knew much about it, or that fan support constituted anything beyond a poll done on this website:

Keanu Reeves Responds to ‘Doctor Strange’ Casting Suggestion

I don't think he would be very good for it, and if the studio did pursue him it would no doubt be very pricey and difficult to get a long deal contract out of him. But I've heard worse suggestions.

I liked him in Constantine. Of course Rachel Weisz distracts me. I didn't realize Labouf was in it until the third time I saw it.

I like Reeves but no.
I think that Interviewer is blowing smoke up his aunt fanny, haven't seen any groundswell for Dr. Neo.

I liked him in The Island. I think he would be a solid choice and definitely interacts with fans/embraces the roles he earns. I approve of Ewan as Strange

Nah, I'd pass on Ewan McGregor. Just give it to Luke Evans already. Dude will feel right at home:

is-doctor-strange-already-among-us-cap-hawkeye-and-doctor-strange.jpeg

Cumberbatch, Farrell, Reeves AND Phoenix Are The Frontrunners For DOCTOR STRANGE

The Wrap reveals that four frontrunners have now emerged for the role of Doctor Strange in the Marvel Studios movie, and one of them is none other than the man who recently dropped out and resulted in all of the recent casting rumours. According to the site, he has apparently had second thoughts and he shouldn't be counted out just yet. However, also in the mix is British actor Benedict Cumberbatch, a fan-favourite choice who was said to be in talks very early on in the casting process. A surprise addition to the lengthy shortlist is none other than Colin Farrell, an actor who was recently added to the second season of True Detective. This is the first time we've heard him connected to Doctor Strange, while that fan support for Keanu Reeves has put him on Marvel's radar and the studio are said to be paying attention. Cumberabatch's busy schedule could stop him nabbing the coveted part, while Jared Leto, Justin Theroux and Oscar Isaac are still actively pursuing the role. Which of these actors would you most like to see as the Sorcerer Supreme?
Source: The Wrap

Read more at Cumberbatch, Farrell, Reeves AND Phoenix Are The Frontrunners For DOCTOR STRANGE

Can't stand Colin Ferrel, Reeves is a ****ing robot and Cumberbatch is too young (or at least he looks too young). Phoenix is not my first choice, but I'd take him in a NY minute out of that bunch. I never even considered Ewan McGregor, but he'd be great.

Reeves would be terrible. He has the look but has no range in acting other than bill&ted. Colin, Ewan, or luke should be top 3. I want someone who actually would embrace the character and enjoy it.

Back