Doctor Strange: the movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luke Evans. A friend of mine also mentioned Matt Bomer, which I could see as well. Maybe a little young, but he could pull it off.

cumberbatch all the way, one of the best actors working today, he would be a great addition to the marvel world.

Luke Evans would be my top pick. I think he would do the character justice the best. I think he has the right look and the charisma. Ewan McGregor would be my second choice. Hopefully the role will get casted soon. We will see.

I was hoping for Joaquin Phoenix, but beyond that Cumberbatch would be my first choice of all mentioned thus far. He has the right look, voice, and attitude I think, and would be able to pull off the theatrics that the role will likely require. I was also thinking Keanu Reeves could pull it off, but after seeing 47 Ronin and thinking about his voice ... well maybe not. I have just never been crazy about Colin Farrell as an actor and not even sure why. He actually seems like a pretty cool person. Maybe it's a combination of Alexander the Great, Miami Vice, Total Recall, Daredevil and the Fright Night remake. I've never been terribly impressed by his mainstream movies. He probably just translates better for the smaller budget stuff. Ewan McGregor is still Obi-Wan to me. Luke Evans... maybe. But Benedict is still tops on my list.

I think Cumberbatch is a great actor but to be honest I see him doing something more like mo-cap for Dormamu rather than Strange.

Benedict Cumberbatch is doctor strange

Benedict Cumberbatch is Marvel's Doctor Strange! - SuperHeroHype

tUQsC5D.jpg

Big ol' "MEH"
Could be worse, he'll play a good pompous surgeon but doesn't look like Strange.
Luke Evans fire your agent.

Marvel has not officially said BC is Strange yet. I think he would be a great choice to play the character so if true I think it's great.

What kind of "news" website reports something like that authoritatively when this is the language from the source:

"Marvel has finally found its Doctor Strange. I’m hearing Benedict Cumberbatch is the studio’s choice for the superhero pic, and negotiations are about to begin."

Two things: 1) writer is "hearing" this, which doesn't sound very authoritative; and 2) "negotiations are about to begin." Even if Marvel had decided to go this way, if there's no contract then there's no Strange. Failed negotiations is why Phoenix didn't get the role.

Anyway, I hope it doesn't happen as I think he's one of the lesser available options thrown around. But I think he could make it work. He can do the "brilliant eccentric" schtick OK enough, anyway.

Yea, I hope these negotiations go south. Evans in the least can pull of the look and may be the lesser of all evils but really they should reevaluate their pool of candidates.

Yea, I hope these negotiations go south. Evans in the least can pull of the look and may be the lesser of all evils but really they should reevaluate their pool of candidates.

Agreed. Luke Evans all the way. He looks and he can act (as seen on Dracula Untold).

Cumberbatch also strikes me as the type that would do two movies and start bitching about doing another a third one. Just get a good, affordable actor that will stay for the long run.

Agreed. Luke Evans all the way. He looks and he can act (as seen on Dracula Untold).

Cumberbatch also strikes me as the type that would do two movies and start bitching about doing another a third one. Just get a good, affordable actor that will stay for the long run.

Definitely the last thing we want. We've been luck thus far with a good group of people who are committed to the long haul. Only Norton & Weaving jumped ship so far. Shame about Weaving; not so much about Norton

Back