Do you think Hot Toys should make DX version of Aliens USCMs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Hot Toys make DX versions of Aliens USCMs?

• Yes

Votes: 71 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 31 30.4%

• Total voters

Barbarian Ulver

Freaked Out
Reaction score
The current Aliens USCMs Hot Toys had produced had too many inaccuracies like poor actor resemblance and wrong uniform pattern, among others.

Aliens is a huge franchise like Terminator so I bet if Hot Toys creates DX versions of USCMs, it's gonna be another winner for them and it'll only do justice for fans of the franchise by creating screen accurate USCMs since the old ones were quite disappointing.

If the response is great, I'll forward this thread to Hot Toys in hopes of making the dream of DX USCMs come true. Yes, it may or may not work, but there's nothing wrong with having hope and positivity, so please help out by voting YES in the poll. Thanks.

Cheers,
Ulver

Last edited:
Excellant, first reply of the day. Thanks, polonium! :)

I think Hot Toys should start with Cpl Hicks DX with these improvements:

-Michael Biehn as Cpl Hicks likeness
-screen accurate 2 pat camo USCM BDU
-screen accurate graffiti on the armor
-seamless rubber arms
-working light
-tattoos
-Gerber MkII knife fixed at the armor

After all the money I put into getting these, getting custom headsculpts and custom head paints. NO.

But all the power to those that initially missed out.

I hope they will not do it. They are so many interesting character to make.
THey already remade batman and joker, now i will be really pissed of if the redid every character the already made.

I don't think they should... the figures (aside from likenesses) were solid and most can easily be upgraded to look even better.

Lets get new stuff rather than revisit the same figures :lecture

I vote No for any redo no more of the same characters please. I would rather see them do all the other Colonial Marines from Aliens and finish off with Bishop and Burke.

I voted NO... but I admit I'd love a new Hicks done to a DX standard, however that is all., no need for any others as DX as I think the DX series needs to be kept special.
I also have a feeling the likeness issue would be as much of a problem now as it was then, I could be wrong, but think it was more down to rights than HT's ability, so all in all I'm still happy with my old box-fresh original Hicks.

Added a YES vote. I have Drake, Hudson and Ripley, loved them at the time but they're a tad dated in terms of their headsculpts and bodies. And I'd love to have completely accurate outfits with working shoulder lamps too.

Anyone who voted yes would buy them and I believe at least some of those voting 'no' would begrudgingly buy them too.

Added a YES vote. I have Drake, Hudson and Ripley, loved them at the time but they're a tad dated in terms of their headsculpts and bodies.

Well put. This is the exact reason I sold off 2 of my favorite figures (Rambo II and Original First Blood) Well theres that and pretty much knowing Rambo is in the DX lineup. :D

Hey if they can make them better, why not.

I don't have any of the older figures but I still vote no. IMO the DX line should be reserved for iconic characters and not figures that have sold out and are fetching a ton on ebay. The only characters from the Alien series that are worthy are Ripley and the Alien itself.

Back