Should Hot Toys "RE-DO" their AVP & ALIENS lines?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not just because they're rare. You continue to disregard those who try multiple places to buy these guys purely because they honestly want them. For keeps. Not scalping (which is apparently all feeBay is associated with nowadays).
There are plenty of people who've missed the train back in '06 and want to grab their faves from HT's old days.

Yes new marines with new the new and improved bodies and head sculpts would be great, I thought the armor on the original ones were great, and the weapons were also, just those head sculpts... yowza!

It's not just because they're rare. You continue to disregard those who try multiple places to buy these guys purely because they honestly want them. For keeps. Not scalping (which is apparently all feeBay is associated with nowadays).
There are plenty of people who've missed the train back in '06 and want to grab their faves from HT's old days.
correct. i disregarded them.
because they don't represent the vast majority of buyers/sellers on ebay.
this really isn't that complicated. just read through my older posts so we don't have to go in circles.

Yeah I think they should redo their Aliens line, not avp though.

every figure from within the avp franchise has very few issues and IMO are extremely well done.

The Aliens franchise figures is another story entirely.

They should redo the aliens more accurately (not artist renders) and do some quality control... I.E. Aliens warrior.

As far as the USCM figures I understand the issue with actor likenesses but I think they should either redo them or do the AVP videogame Marine characters.

It'll leave the movie characters and original armor and weapons as sought after grails but make cheaper just-as-cool armour and characters.

correct. i disregarded them.
because they don't represent the vast majority of buyers/sellers on ebay.
this really isn't that complicated. just read through my older posts so we don't have to go in circles.

Who cares if they don't represent the whole of ebay? what item does?:lol

listen from the get go my point has been this. the AVP predators go for a lot on ebay, hence the people that want them are willing to spend big bucks on them, therefore, Hot Toys should remake the AVP line because it will make hot toys money. My annoyed me is some people were using their biased opinion saying they shouldn't redo them because they personally didn't like the movie. I'm not even saying I'd buy them, I'm just saying they should be remade because others will (okay and me too, heh)

Heh, even if HT DID do Marines based on the game, at least they'll do a great job on 'em. No license to worry about, so they can get 'em as accurate as can be!

But it'll probably get released under "Video Game Masterpiece."

Who cares if they don't represent the whole of ebay? what item does?:lol
clearly you don't care. as i've had to explain this to you 3 or 4 times.

nothing represents the whole of ebay.
any collectible ever made with a low production represents a majority.
also called "rare".
listen from the get go my point has been this. the AVP predators go for a lot on ebay, hence the people that want them are willing to spend big bucks on them, therefore, Hot Toys should remake the AVP line because it will make hot toys money. My annoyed me is some people were using their biased opinion saying they shouldn't redo them because they personally didn't like the movie. I'm not even saying I'd buy them, I'm just saying they should be remade because others will (okay and me too, heh)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recursion
Heh, even if HT DID do Marines based on the game, at least they'll do a great job on 'em. No license to worry about, so they can get 'em as accurate as can be!

But it'll probably get released under "Video Game Masterpiece."
i like the game as much as the next guy, but i don't see enough collectors scrambling to buy $200 figures from it.
this sounds like it's more NECA's speed.

It'd provide a second chance for anyone who'd want a marine figure.

Besides that, it'd also give hot toys a reason to make another ridged warrior alien and a new pred or two.

btw I thought the marine figures originally were 120-150 when they came out?

Besides that, it'd also give hot toys a reason to make another ridged warrior alien and a new pred or two.
i see what you're getting at, but i think most anybody who's gonna spend that kind of $$ on Aliens collectibles would rather have stuff from the movies.
mine were like $80+shipping. but they definitely wouldn't be that cheap now.
the last HT predator figure was pushing $200 retail. at least the ssc ex version.

You could even get them for 75 later on.

They should move on to new things. What I would like to see would be an Alien Queen to scale with the big chap. And also go into the vehicle line and do a Dropship with APC inside with lights etc.

A 1:6 scale APC would be at least 3 times the size of the Tumbler and at least 3 times the price. And a Dropship... you'd have to have a garage to display it in.

3570533254_4810ca7953.jpg

Should Hot Toys "RE-DO" their AVP & ALIENS lines?

If they can get the license for the likeness than yes. Otherwise no. The outfit on the marines are nice but they faces are just bad and ugly not to mention they don't look like in the movie at all.

this crap wouldn't happen if non-sticky threads were automatically deleted after a set time has passed since the last post.

it's always some n00b who can't look at the date of the last post and make a good decision.

Back