do you take out the batteries in your figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chengda85

Super Freak
Reaction score
do you take out the batteries or leave them in? I have many figures with batteries and I find it a chore to take them out and find a place to store them

I prefer to forgo the chore of scraping out the residue of leaked batteries myself, but to each their own :)

I prefer to forgo the chore of scraping out the residue of leaked batteries myself, but to each their own :)

:lecture :exactly:

As soon as I bought my HT mk.4 Iron Man, I tested the lights then took the batteries out - because it's been back in the box ever since.

Better to be sure. :wink1:

Great article very informative. I display my figures but leave the batteries in. But after reading this and seeing the words "cheap" and "China" I will definitely be removing them. One last look into my Terminators cool death gaze before I do though. :rotfl

I have taken out all batteries from my Hot Toys collection. Glad I did that because when I tried to put the batteries back, I see some of the batteries having green powder bursting out of the metal coin battery caps. No liquid or leak though, not sure if it is due to drying out before I saw them.

Long story short, TAKE THEM OUT!

I take out the small watch batteries from HT figures. But I keep the AAA or AA batteries in the statues or props I have, though I changed them with high quality Duracell ones, and I check them twice a year for problems. Till now, no problems.

I bought those expensive *** Eneloop batteries for my Tumbler and Batpod... can't have it leaking on me, and I like to turn them on once in a while.

Wish there were Eneloop batteries for these small ones though.

It's not anything to do with the specific feature and everything to do with the batteries you've got powering it :)
Oh ok, I thought maybe the sound chip would erase without a battery in the figure for an extended period of time.

Oh ok, I thought maybe the sound chip would erase without a battery in the figure for an extended period of time.

I'm not Dr Electronics, but I would've thought once something is programmed into a chip then its remaining there is not dependent on the frequency of its use.

I've been leaving the clear plastic strip that comes with the figure (like the iron man fig). I don't know if that would be an alternative though.

take them all out, although I realize the clear tab keeps it well for ABOUT a couple of years on hot toys, after that, the batteries just leak.

I've been leaving the clear plastic strip that comes with the figure (like the iron man fig). I don't know if that would be an alternative though.

I've read of a couple of people doing this. It does not work. The leaking is caused by a chemical reaction within the batter, and it's not something that can be stopped, or avoided. Unless you freeze your figures to absolute zero.

how do you store your batteries? because it is bad practice to mix batteries that have different levels of usage, so if you take out all the batteries, then one day you want to put them back on the figure to power on the light for whatever reason, how do you figure out which battery goes where lol?

how do you store your batteries? because it is bad practice to mix batteries that have different levels of usage, so if you take out all the batteries, then one day you want to put them back on the figure to power on the light for whatever reason, how do you figure out which battery goes where lol?

Watch batteries, a matchbox, permanent marker to say what the size is.

Back