Do you ever think of suicide?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you are having these thoughts then get off the internet and get help.

Call 9-1-1. Please. They will send a ambulance and put you in a safe place for a little while during which time you will meet a psychiatrist who can prescribe you anti-depressants and a therapist.

I have a history of mental illness and have made attempts, and I can tell you it is the lowest of the low and the most cowardly thing a person can do. There is help for you if you seek it.

Here's the number for the national suicide lifeline: 1-800-273-8255

Maybe you could give them a call. It's free and I think they may be able to help more than the people here.

they always say when someone mentions this stuff that people should go to someone and alert them. the problem is I doubt anyone knows a damn thing about this poster to even make a step.

when someone creates a thread like this probably the best thing to do is just delete it and ban the person. that way no one has to feel guilty for not doing anything.

I think life is a horrible thing.

As a person diagnosed with depression, the idea has come into my head quite often. I wasn't really big on life and I had thought that life was full of disappointment with moments of happiness. I'm not at the point were life is full of happiness with moments of disappointment and I don't think I'll ever be. I've come to realize to be "normal" it's not being happy all the time. Being happy all the time is somewhat abnormal. I'm not gonna say that life is great either, it's not, at times. I am going to say that it is worth living and there's a part of me that can not believe that I'm typing this but honestly it's true. I think the point of life is to just live it, good or bad. You only get one life, do the best you can to live it.

nothing is ever that bad

no one on this board can help you, u need professional advice

they always say when someone mentions this stuff that people should go to someone and alert them. the problem is I doubt anyone knows a damn thing about this poster to even make a step.

when someone creates a thread like this probably the best thing to do is just delete it and ban the person. that way no one has to feel guilty for not doing anything.

I'm not here to create a guilt-trip just to talk to people who may have felt the same thing (their life not leading to anything). Just a conversation because i'm pretty much socially isolated and this is the only forum i posted on from time to time. I understand your attitude but i doubt it's the nice thing to do.

I'm not here to create a guilt-trip just to talk to people who may have felt the same thing (their life not leading to anything). Just a conversation because i'm pretty much socially isolated and this is the only forum i posted on from time to time. I understand your attitude but i doubt it's the nice thing to do.

Surely you are not so isolated that if you called 9-1-1 someone would come to help? Someone else posted the suicide hotline. You need to talk to professionals that can help and either prescribe you medication or teach you tools to get you through the rough times.

Suicide is for chumps, and there's no shame in admitting yourself to hospital if you feel like you're not safe on your own.

You'll meet some crazy fun people in the psych ward! :)

As a person diagnosed with depression, the idea has come into my head quite often. I wasn't really big on life and I had thought that life was full of disappointment with moments of happiness. I'm not at the point were life is full of happiness with moments of disappointment and I don't think I'll ever be. I've come to realize to be "normal" it's not being happy all the time. Being happy all the time is somewhat abnormal. I'm not gonna say that life is great either, it's not, at times. I am going to say that it is worth living and there's a part of me that can not believe that I'm typing this but honestly it's true. I think the point of life is to just live it, good or bad. You only get one life, do the best you can to live it.

Nice reply:), i think i have never been happy and i can't find my way in society. i'm not some depressed teen i'm 28 years old and nothing even remotely has gave my life some fuel. I frankly don't know what to say anymore. I'm dissapointed ineverything.

With respect creating a sensitive topic and they pussying out about your feelings with a stupid 7 word sentance isn't really "conversation".

If you have feeling, post them and talk about it.

Surely you are not so isolated that if you called 9-1-1 someone would come to help? Someone else posted the suicide hotline. You need to talk to professionals that can help and either prescribe you medication or teach you tools to get you through the rough times.

:) I'm in the netherlands, we might have the same thing i don't know, i'm thinking about visiting my doctor again although he never really helps.

I think the point of life is to just live it, good or bad. You only get one life, do the best you can to live it.

:lecture

I firmly believe there is no 'afterlife' of any kind. When you die you revert to the same non-existance you were in before you were born. Thus suicide is incredibly foolish, and wasteful of your one shot at existance. I guess its easy for me to say because I have things pretty good, not as good as I'd like but good, but get through the hard times and give yourself the chance to experience the good whenever it may come.

I love how all the community friends come to the rescue so fast on here.

With respect creating a sensitive topic and they pussying out about your feelings with a stupid 7 word sentance isn't really "conversation".

If you have feeling, post them and talk about it.

Yeah it was an unthoughtfull topic and not appropiate for this board, get it deleted and i will try to talk elsewhere. Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back