DMK OPTIMUS PRIME and BUMBLEBEE-Let's share the love

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a regular red and blue sharpie color matches the kit pieces?

actually there arent the sharpie brand, just walked into a dollar general and there was a pack of red, blue, green and black permenant markers...they match perfectly.
really didnt need them too much and when i did, just a tiny dot did the trick...worked like a charm.

cimg6511v.jpg

What gun is that man? I grabbed the Voyager DOTM Prime's gun. Looks good with it too... But that one looks dif'

Just a little to go then mine hits the bay. :yess:

Ok now the long wait for SAL shipping to the US. I just paid $112 shipped for the DMK-01 Optimus Prime. Hope this guy is worth it.

I emailed the place I ordered my DMK Prime at and they are not sure if they are getting the second run. Sucks that SAL shipping may take up to a month or two. Well atleast I scored one. Hopefully I get BB quicker from HLJ.

Hey all. Thought I would contribute to this thread with some Bumblebee! I worked on him 1st to limber up my old skills before tackling Prime (which starts today). A few touch ups to be done after prime is completed, and Bee is finished.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This was a very cool model, and I highly recommend it as a companion piece to Prime. I love any in scale transformers, and these look great together. After looking at the Prime kit, the Bumblebee kit is obviously of poorer quality. Prime's sprues are impressive, Bees are not. The frame and metal are fully painted. The armor was coated about 5 times with Future Floor wax. Hope ya like. :wave

Yeah, I would have loved to get both of them but I have too much stuff coming in this month. I wanted one clean and would have loved to have one to make a scratched up one.

Got my shipping notice from BBTS so I will have my kit tomorrow.

Having not built a model kit in years, I have a couple of questions for the customization masters so I can start to plan ahead.

How tight are the joints on the base body? Did anyone do anything to tighten them up?

How much of the body shows up after assembly? Should I give it a black wash/silver drybrush to bring out the details? If so, are there pieces that are attached to the body that I should do before that kind of detailing?

What kind of gloss coat should be used for the red and blue panels to help make them pop? Should they be sprayed/brushed before separating the pieces then touching up where the pieces are cut?

LED lighting for eyes and headlights....would love to have more details on what is needed, size of LED's, power, etc. I don't know that I will go that far but it would be nice to try it.

Back