DMK OPTIMUS PRIME and BUMBLEBEE-Let's share the love

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ yeah, and since this kit is pricey if you just use a nail clipper or a hobby clipper or file. The only kits I built were RC cars but nothing like this. Would love to hear from you customizers here.

Damn, my wait will take 3-6 weeks to get to me.

Yeah, I have small wire cutter to remove the parts cleanly.

One other question, is there a chrome paint/pen that could be used to touch up the chrome pieces after they are cut loose?

Oh...paints...enamel or acrylic?

Last edited:
Great kit, too bad mine was missing a part.

Missingpiece.jpg

Hopefully I can get a replacement piece.

I ended up getting :

2x A2

I should have had:

1x A1
1x A2

If anyone ends up with 2x A1, drop me a line and we can trade.

Missingpiece.jpg

I ended up getting :

2x A2

I should have had:

1x A1
1x A2

that sucks dude. if i remember correctly that piece was one of the few in the plastic wrapped individually by itself...did the identical piece on the other side come like that?

that sucks dude. if i remember correctly that piece was one of the few in the plastic wrapped individually by itself...did the identical piece on the other side come like that?

Yes that is the part. I am guessing the orientation of the ankle pieces and bicep pieces were too hard to paint on the sprue at the factory so they must have been removed to paint.

The worst part is I ordered direct from Japan (Ami Ami) so I don't even know if they speak/write English and will understand the email I sent. It seems like the only time this happens to me is when I order from Japan. So either the seller and I have a language barrier or I have to mail the item back and it costs too much.

From now on instead of trying to save 20 bucks, I will just order from BBTS because I know that at the very least if I can't get the part, they will at least refund me.

Yes that is the part. I am guessing the orientation of the ankle pieces and bicep pieces were too hard to paint on the sprue at the factory so they must have been removed to paint.

The worst part is I ordered direct from Japan (Ami Ami) so I don't even know if they speak/write English and will understand the email I sent. It seems like the only time this happens to me is when I order from Japan. So either the seller and I have a language barrier or I have to mail the item back and it costs too much.

From now on instead of trying to save 20 bucks, I will just order from BBTS because I know that at the very least if I can't get the part, they will at least refund me.

I also ordered from them. How long did shipping take?

Btw they certainly communicate well in English. I message them if they will stock more and they did not use 5 words sentence like how over sea eBay seller does. they made it very clear. Keep us update how it goes if you contact them. Goodluck

I also ordered from them. How long did shipping take?

Btw they certainly communicate well in English. I message them if they will stock more and they did not use 5 words sentence like how over sea eBay seller does. they made it very clear. Keep us update how it goes if you contact them. Goodluck

For sure man, I emailed them today so I will let you know when they get back to me.

I shipped SAL and it took about 2 1/2 weeks to Canada. However customs was kind enough to sit on it for 10 of those days :lol.

Cool, hope mines come in quicker than quoted. Here's my email I got from them.

Thank you for mailing us.

Unfortunately we do not know if or when an item will come back in stock, nor do we have a notification system or wait list. If we are able to get more stocks of an item, our website will be updated and the item will be available for purchase. Please keep an eye on our website for any possible updates.

SAL shipping generally takes 3-6 weeks for delivery. However delivery times can vary and in some cases it may take over a month or two.

Missingpiece.jpg

I ended up getting :

2x A2

I should have had:

1x A1
1x A2

THAT SUCKS!!! See... That is why I like BBTS.... if you had this problem, they would take care of it for you...

SO I GOTTA SAY!! BUMBLEBEE IS AWESOME!!

cimg6557.jpg

Cool, hope mines come in quicker than quoted. Here's my email I got from them.

Thank you for mailing us.

Unfortunately we do not know if or when an item will come back in stock, nor do we have a notification system or wait list. If we are able to get more stocks of an item, our website will be updated and the item will be available for purchase. Please keep an eye on our website for any possible updates.

SAL shipping generally takes 3-6 weeks for delivery. However delivery times can vary and in some cases it may take over a month or two.

THAT SUCKS!!! See... That is why I like BBTS.... if you had this problem, they would take care of it for you...

They have none left and offered me $6 back :lol. The sad part is I order from BBTS 99% of the time, I just tried to save $20 this time and look where it got me. What do I do with my kit now? I doubt I will ever find someone selling that piece.

They have none left and offered me $6 back :lol. The sad part is I order from BBTS 99% of the time, I just tried to save $20 this time and look where it got me. What do I do with my kit now? I doubt I will ever find someone selling that piece.

hey man... I may be able to help you out...

Awesome work, post some more pics of your custom Prime! :)

can do... almost done with him actually...

So, I have some "gats" that are going on the custom jetpack I am building for him WITH THE DIORAMA.. AND THEY ROTATE!! HAAH:yess:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6yCweuR0SQ"]‪optimus prime duel model kit diorama‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah, I have small wire cutter to remove the parts cleanly.

One other question, is there a chrome paint/pen that could be used to touch up the chrome pieces after they are cut loose?

Oh...paints...enamel or acrylic?

Well, the best you could do is get silver testors or chrome paint.. it will be good enough to fool the eye.

Got my shipping notice from BBTS so I will have my kit tomorrow.

Having not built a model kit in years, I have a couple of questions for the customization masters so I can start to plan ahead.

How tight are the joints on the base body? Did anyone do anything to tighten them up?

How much of the body shows up after assembly? Should I give it a black wash/silver drybrush to bring out the details? If so, are there pieces that are attached to the body that I should do before that kind of detailing?

What kind of gloss coat should be used for the red and blue panels to help make them pop? Should they be sprayed/brushed before separating the pieces then touching up where the pieces are cut?

LED lighting for eyes and headlights....would love to have more details on what is needed, size of LED's, power, etc. I don't know that I will go that far but it would be nice to try it.

I would say black base coat and then some dry brushing..then do your wash. If you do not have an airbrush, I am not sure what clear in a can would be good.. I would suggest an enamel.

LEDs... I bought some tiny pre-wired LEDs from my local hobby store. my 3mm were to big and I didn't feel like wiring up the tiny tiny SIMs.. I am still trying to figure out power source though..

Can anyone tell me if these pieces are supposed to be this way?

The V shaped "crown" on the top of the head looks ok on the regular face but looks like one side is missing on the battle shield face. It doesn't look broken or like it was a molding error.
p1060068j.jpg

Is the silver paint supposed to be streaked on this piece?
p1060071r.jpg

^^^

i checked my face guard and it is just like yours. im not sure its supposed to be like that but the good thing is, when his head is fully assembled, you cant even notice so dont worry :)

as far as the second pic, the silver streaking isnt supposed to be like, mine isnt but maybe you can touch it up. i have seem some instances where they have been a few painting miscues like someone online showed where the back of his prime head was a little off with the paint.

Back