DMK OPTIMUS PRIME and BUMBLEBEE-Let's share the love

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeh 6 hours is the average people are saying! i dont care how long it takes just as long as i have all the correct parts and know where they go!!

im looking to get an exacto knife! will i need small clippers/pincers as well? im also goin to do the lighter and hot screw driver mod for the fingers as i dont have a soldering knife!

That should work for the fingers. I was going to do it to mine, but I treat mine like a statue, he hasn't been moved ever since I got him assembled. I used a clipper, an exacto and some sand paper, super fine grit sand paper like 1200 grit. I wonder how the hell I got 12 hours then? :lol. 8 hours is what i probably spent. I know I went over the average time.

got him for £99 shipped,part of the 2nd batch that is due soon! cant wait! mine will be displayed behind glass!

Here are mine from the soldering. I don't mind it looking rough; not like I can tell unless I look closer but they're poseable now and I don't have to worry about it falling off at all.

d5100114.png

d5100110.png

if there's anyone in the know, is optimus getting a re-release b4 the end of this year? everywhere i look i find nothing. either discontinued or he doesn't even show up.

if there's anyone in the know, is optimus getting a re-release b4 the end of this year? everywhere i look i find nothing. either discontinued or he doesn't even show up.

Robot kingdom had a pre order up a few weeks back for the re release. But looks like its os also sold out now.

ok so i'm currently in bei jing now. i picked up another dmk prime for roughly 120 US.

seeing as how many other places outside of china are selling him for crazy prices, i wonder if there's been any word of DMK knock offs. so far, it looks and feels legit, and i've seen my fair share of bootleg model kits (gundams...made by ben di). so if it feels legit, why am i concerned? its just that the price seemed too good to be true.

then again, i can't really see how they can jack the prices for these toys when most of the population can't even afford to buy them. and the buyer i got it from isn't the only selling it for the right price.

so would anyone know if there are knockoffs of the DMKs?

ok so i'm currently in bei jing now. i picked up another dmk prime for roughly 120 US.

seeing as how many other places outside of china are selling him for crazy prices, i wonder if there's been any word of DMK knock offs. so far, it looks and feels legit, and i've seen my fair share of bootleg model kits (gundams...made by ben di). so if it feels legit, why am i concerned? its just that the price seemed too good to be true.

then again, i can't really see how they can jack the prices for these toys when most of the population can't even afford to buy them. and the buyer i got it from isn't the only selling it for the right price.

so would anyone know if there are knockoffs of the DMKs?

I haven't heard of any KO DMKs. But that doesn't mean ur piece is legit. It would probably be quite easy to make molds of the model parts.

Your best bet woulde to look t the parts. Recasts are usually inevitably sloppy since it is essentially a copy of a copy.

Are the small delicate parts well defined? Is there any loss in detail?

If there isn't then there's no problem even if it is a fake.

I haven't heard of any KO DMKs. But that doesn't mean ur piece is legit. It would probably be quite easy to make molds of the model parts.

Your best bet woulde to look t the parts. Recasts are usually inevitably sloppy since it is essentially a copy of a copy.

Are the small delicate parts well defined? Is there any loss in detail?

If there isn't then there's no problem even if it is a fake.

no loss of detail. in fact i just finished bumblebee and i completed primes head. i inspected the hell out of these kits, and so far, it all seems good.

i agree that making molds should be easy, but a lot of the pieces, especially on prime are painted. so just in case there ARE KO dmks, it'd be damned easy to spot them.

once i finish prime, i want to buy a transformable version of him to compliment the model kit. which version should i get? what toy will go well for both 1/35th scale prime and bee?

finally completed optimus. holy crap he looks fantastic. so detailed and very accurate to his on screen counterpart. unfortunately he's not 100% screen accurate, but he's damned close enough. also articulation does suffer some due to so many parts, such as ab/waist articulation. he can't ab crunch which kinda sucks, but what we do get is pretty good.

i really wish takara would announce more for this line. just having prime and bee isn't enough.

so for the time being, can anyone suggest what TF toys i should get thats in scale to these kits?

@COSMOSTARX I love your pics. In fact, I saved the first one to use it as desktop wallpaper for the following days.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread. I just finished assembling mine. Looking forward to the DMK02 reissue and DMK03

JRC_0376c_zps0a4dc1ad.jpg

Back