DKC returns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see it in the mine levels and the factory and such, but I don't know if it would fit with the new Tiki theme and villains and such.

I'll be honest and say I really disliked DKC2 and 3 and really don't remember all that much about them, so my love for the original is probably why I like the new one so much. It's very much a sequel to the original as opposed to the others.

I can see it in the mine levels and the factory and such, but I don't know if it would fit with the new Tiki theme and villains and such.

I'll be honest and say I really disliked DKC2 and 3 and really don't remember all that much about them, so my love for the original is probably why I like the new one so much. It's very much a sequel to the original as opposed to the others.

No love for 2?! 2 is jut as good as the first..if not better. Most regard that as the best of the series and there were some improvements. I had no interest in 3 as neither Donkey or Diddy were in it.

I just had this weird thing where if Donkey wasn't playable I didn't want anything to do with it. I dunno. Just didn't like it.

I've also got this weird thing with Rare games, like...the first DKC was magical, and I loved everything about it, but once 2 came around things just started to annoy me that I previously liked. It's hard to explain. I've only ever liked 2 Rare games, and those were the first DKC and Killer Instinct. DKC was lightning in a bottle and the sequels did nothing for me.

To each his own I guess, the 2nd DKC was amazing as well. Diddy's Kong Quest felt like such a step in the right direction for the DKC franchise...this one feels like a step back.

To each his own I guess, the 2nd DKC was amazing as well. Diddy's Kong Quest felt like such a step in the right direction for the DKC franchise...this one feels like a step back.

Honestly dont see why that is. There is only ONE thing that's a bit of a letdown, which is the motion control, but my girlfriend loves the motion control, where as I'm like.. meh, but I can deal with it, whereas my brother HATES the motion control.

But all the three of us agree that the game is breathtaking on EVERY other level. The difficulty is great, the animation is SUPER, and the platforming and weight to DK is great too. Honestly dont know what critisism to give other than feeling the crab enemies were a bit lame IMO..

Maybe a lack of furr shading on DK if I really want to nitpick?...

Also, dying 30 times in one level isn't the games fault. It's yours. The game is hard, but never impossibly so, and it's always my own fault I found when I died.

But indeed I miss the animated little monkeys on the world map instead of the medallion.. I find the world map overal too colorful and kid-like, and somehow it doesn't match up with the levels itself, which are catoony, but in a.. I don't know, almost Disney kind of way, where the world map is more a saturday morning cartoon kind of thing, just lacks that little spark.

On the other hand. I never played or rated a game for its world map. For good reason lol.

Picked this game up today and played it for half an hour on my lunch break. So far I'm very impressed. Going to make my afternoon very long.

Back