Display cases TDK/R specific

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do not construe my words in this thread as if I was speaking to you. If anyone wants to read the tumbler thread about this statement it was about a company in Ohio charging 300 just to ship.

If you would like to know how to build a case for 100-125 please message me. I am not selling cases, just helping folks out.

Thanks!:)

Just to interject here Geil has been a member for as long as i can even remember. He has offered his services, given friendly advice to fellow members and has been an asset to the sideshowfreak community.

Ok fine hokie its nice that you can offer members a cheap method of doing it themselves. But quite frankly some of us dont have the experience, tools or work space to make our own case. I think that Giel prices are seasonable, considering the time and craftsmanship he has to put into making these custom cases.

Ive done my research and Giels prices are actually cheaper than having to go to some acrylic shop to put it together for you. (And these are local places!)

If youll do your research regarding Giel, he has DIY instuctions on creating your own.

https://geilsblog.blogspot.com/2009...009/09/diy-display-case-acrylicplexiglas.html

So how can a guy who has offered two options of making it themselves or putting thier own time to do it for other be "dishonest, scrambling, deflecting?

thank you guys for your support and restoring my faith in humanity ;)
I hope I can show off some new stuff soon in my showoff thread and then maybe add new life to this thread as well.
:peace

oh I mean
:borg

Geil, can you post a current price list for the cases shipped to USA for all cases. If you want to PM that's fine too, just thought other members may want to know. Thanks...

thing is I am not decided yet if I am going to offer the service or not but when I do everything will be out in the open. I figure I ease into making a few for myself first.... try my hand on a new design/idea and see how that goes first

536470_10151125050326633_1664521584_n.jpg

What the hell happened while I was gone?

Geil, I hope you do decide to do another run. Don't let one ****** bag ruin it for everyone. There are plenty of us that admire your work. I promote the hell out of it. Now, if you're still just being lazy, that's a different story. :wink1:

My tumbler is coming in the next month or two and may need a home. I just haven't decided if I am going to stick it in a case (that I hopefully buy from you) or build a custom environment for it. Really depends on whether or not I think we are moving in May...

EDIT:
I did find some smaller cheapo cases here: https://www.monkeydepot.com/ACU_Action_Figure_Display_Case_p/acu001-dd803.htm
I haven't tried one so I have no idea the quality but might be OK for a temporary fix.

Last edited:
Update:
I wanted to thank everyone for their supporting messages here on board and in PMs
Due to some personal reason I am not likely to spend much time making any cases in the near future. I am however still planning to design and make a new case for my own use and show it off here. If the design works and there is truly interest in it I will get some local quotations and offer a group buy option instead where the supplier will need to provide the full service of manufacturing and packaging the the kit. Again my goal is to design something of highest achievable quality that ships flat and can be user assembled with no ugly joints while keeping the cost reasonable.
In the meantime I will also encourage anyone to post their solution in my thread with pictures, supplier info and price as I still believe that local is still likely the only affordable option. I will then maintain it in the first post for easy retrieval. In the end my goal is for everyone here to just get hold on an affordable and presentable option with my involvement being truly only the last option.

PS I didn't realize my PM box is almost 90% filled with case requests so again thanks for all your interest but I will now finally empty it completely and just use this thread to communicate instead.

Re: Custom cases by Geil for TDK/R specific

Tumbler
shingle2.jpg

case4.jpg

Size: 34"x24"x14"

Hi Guys

This case was sold to a good friend of mine but I helped him make a coffee table display and took it back as trade-in as I figure someone else local may appreciate it now that he has the Granas instead. It is fully assembled and in good condition. Comes with base and asphalt option and I am willing to let it go for $150 local pick up only (Markham). First come first serve. PM me for details. As for more specs
- Size: 34"x24"x14"
- 1/4" acrylic all around
- transparent and bubble free seams as I use industrial grade tape from 3M
- base is about 0.75" larger on all sides
- all cuts and finish are machined and polished for as perfect of an edge as possible. I don't flame polish which will give the best gloss but also warp the panel ever so slightly and I don't tolerate even the slightest warpage

Sold! Thanks Dave

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have a display case like that but no lighting. Do you know where I can find some good LED lights to put on the corners of the front of the base that are angled towards the figures?

Work in progress Coffee table top for my tumbler from scratch
will post the finished product by the end of this month hopefully
4tH9RQR.jpg

Back