Display cases TDK/R specific

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom cases by Geil for TDK/R specific

You listed the following options for the tumbler case:

Black Base Option ~$70
Pavement Option ~$20

Does the regular case not include a bottom piece? Also, will you need the black base option in order to get the pavement option?

Base is not included in the case in "case" :D you want to stay on budget. You may even want to consider a mirror as a base. ATM I am even debating to make a low profile light box as a base which is going to be more $$ of cause.
The pavement option can be laid down on any surface the case is going on with or without the base as it's just a sheet of a large roll of roofing material. The cost of material is not too high just a PITA to cut, flatten out and package separately to not scratch the case panels. If you can manage to GB a bunch of ppl locally I rather not ship it ;) It can be found at HD just you have to buy a large roll I think was $40-60 own a heat gun and some other basic tools and time. It's actually great to use for other vehicle related displays

I'm interested in one for the Tumbler, how much to ship to the UK?

As mentioned I will only sell to NA freaks as the shipping is prohibitively $$$ due to the weight. As I recall my tumbler case came in at about 35ish lbs and after packaging it in cardboard until I was satisfied it ended up being 70lbs. I quoted shipping to Europe several times and it always doubled the cost of the case if not more and sadly at that point you should be able to start afford local guys to do it. Oh I remember one of our UK members had a good online experience. I think it was Rory in the EB TDK Batman thread https://www.sora-shop.com/ by chance I remembered and here is another one https://www.acrylicdisplaycases.co.uk/ ;)

:borg

Last edited:

As mentioned I will only sell to NA freaks as the shipping is prohibitively $$$ due to the weight. As I recall my tumbler case came in at about 35ish lbs and after packaging it in cardboard until I was satisfied it ended up being 70lbs. I quoted shipping to Europe several times and it always doubled the cost of the case if not more and sadly at that point you should be able to start afford local guys to do it. Oh I remember one of our UK members had a good online experience. I think it was Rory in the EB TDK Batman thread https://www.sora-shop.com/ by chance I remembered ;)

Super - they seem very reasonable. I've just run a rough estimate through on their site (based on the size of the Tumbler with a little breathing space - 85cm x 50cm x 35cm) and it's coming in at around EU140 delivered. I might have to pester Rory for some more info....

Super - they seem very reasonable. I've just run a rough estimate through on their site (based on the size of the Tumbler with a little breathing space - 85cm x 50cm x 35cm) and it's coming in at around EU140 delivered. I might have to pester Rory for some more info....
If you can manage a larger size I promise it will look so much better as you can angle your tumbler a lil ;) Keep in mind they manage to be a bit cheaper as they use screws to assemble the case and hence get away using thinner panels.

how much is it for the case?
please keep checking the first page for updates as I am still waiting for updated material quotes

Hi, sorry if this was mentioned somewhere but I couldn't find the price for just the batpod case without the figure. Thanks!
sorry didn't intend to ignore you but, I will update prices ones I get actual material pricing and do my calculations. The prices you see even now are just a rough estimate based on previous costing that I remembered for reference only.

Last edited:

hey man... and one tumbler case to go with me please!!

You got balls to show up here
Oh yes you do lol. ;)
But please provide postal code as well

Hey Geil
Possibly interested in getting a Tumbler case from you, depending on the cost with s/h. Let me know when you have fomallied a base price. I do have a discounted account with UPS, so maybe that will help minimize the cost damage. PM me when you have more info

Looks like some of you have shipping connections.
I can certainly ship just charging your account. I have been shipping using my company account and passing on the discount as well but the yours might still be cheaper just because US prices are always lower of that in Canada :(
I will try to estimate shipping weight as well to help you make your decision but please if you want me to quote shipping cost from my end you will need to at least provide your postal code...
I have not gone through the thread to compile my list but ones more numbers are on the table I will do so...

I'm interested in getting a quote on a Tumbler case with pavement, and a batpod case with pavement figure size. Postal code is 68462

Anyone going for 3/16 you can honestly just go to a lowe's buy a score knife and the 4 foot sheets of plexyglass, score it, snap it and tape.
At 3/16 plexiglass you can build it for about 100 bucks USD. I just looked and built a 36 x 24 x 12 on Amazon, if anyone is interested in the cart items I'll post them.:)

Just trying to help folks save some money and not get ripped off for something so simple to make especially at this gauge of plexyglass.:slap

Sorry but looks like I am being labelled as ripping ppl off so I am dropping the project

Please ask this helping member to sell you a case at $100 instead

Last edited:
Sorry but looks like I am being labelled as ripping ppl off so I am dropping the project

Please ask this helping member to sell you a case at $100 instead

Do not construe my words in this thread as if I was speaking to you. If anyone wants to read the tumbler thread about this statement it was about a company in Ohio charging 300 just to ship.

If you would like to know how to build a case for 100-125 please message me. I am not selling cases, just helping folks out.

Thanks!:)

yes go back and see that is how you replied to me so can't blame me for interpreting your own words now can't you?
as for offering a helping hand but not actually doing it.... kinda disappointed since I like to see you turning a quick buck on actually doing it ... I really want you to do at least one and ship it just for your own experience sake :peace

yes go back and see that is how you replied to me so can't blame me for interpreting your own words now can't you?
as for offering a helping hand but not actually doing it.... kinda disappointed since I like to see you turning a quick buck on actually doing it ... I really want you to do at least one and ship it just for your own experience sake :peace

I own a business and ship things daily. I'm good. You should leave business to the grown ups. I would never buy something from someone that reacts like this.

You seem like a person who got caught doing something dishonest and you are scrambling and deflecting. Your actions are speaking volumes in my opinion.

If you want to sell cases, sell cases no one said you have to stop selling them. But unfortunately capitalism allows others to choose on price and quality. If yours is of high quality and it can bear the price you sell then make all the cases you like.

Last edited:
funny thing is .... go back read your replies and then read mine again and now under the assumption that your statement of rip off was directed at me and then highlight all the little statements you made to just try to do whatever you were trying to do while I am .. well NOT trying to do the same
Sorry but I have to wonder how adult you are and what statement is true and what is not...
In any case I think you have thrown enough insult my way and I have simply no interest in throwing much any of that back at you but you have certainly reminded me how cold the internet is

Do not construe my words in this thread as if I was speaking to you.

I am not selling cases, just helping folks out.

My, how mighty altruistic of you, just helping the brothers out. Why not create your own helpful thread if that's the case. It's this type of crap which puts people off bothering to offer any service at all on this board. Buy or buy not. Do not whine.

Could you please tell me the size of the batpod case?..(the new version)

thank you,:

Last edited:
Back