Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm Ltd.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This news doesn't mean much to me, personally, since I don't really care about any new Star Wars media. Just give us the OT on Blu Ray, and I'll be happy.

Screw Pixar Star Wars. I want the other side of Lucasfilm to be made into movies.

THE MONKEY ISLAND MOVIE!
THE GRIM FANDANGO MOVIE!
THE DIG MOVIE!
DAY OF THE TENTACLE (and Manaic Mansion)

All made by Pixar!

And Full Throttle...in live action...

As drooling as I would be for those, does this deal apply only to Lucasfilm, or is LucasArts included in that?

Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm!? Episode 7 in 2015!??!?

It's the end of the world! :horror

I like Garrett Hedlund for Luke depending on the year set of the movie.

If they're continuing Luke, Han and Leia's story...it's gonna need to be animated. But not like the 'little kids" animation they use for the Clone Wars cartoon. What about something like the Star Wars: The Old Republic trailers. That would be perfect.

:goodpost::exactly:

If they do Luke, Han, and Leia that is... I'd rather them take on another era. I happen to love the Expanded Universe and don't wanna see the continuity of that thrown out the window.

THIS **** JUST GOT REAL!!!! Without Lucas, the new films with new directors can bring us everything we want as fans.

I'd actually prefer if Disney started fresh away from the Lucas mess. New story arc. New characters. Ballsy but could work.

At least this will stop the constant tinkering with the movies.

And 7-8-9 is a direction I always preferred to go rather than backwards.

Hope they don't rush this, but it sounds like it already is. They've given themselves 2.5 years to prepare for a trilogy and deliever the first film.

I'm a very nervous passenger right now.

Back