Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm Ltd.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of expected something like this to happen with Star Wars. I'm interested to see where it goes. This just reminded me of a video I saw a few years ago of a guy shouting over the phantom Menace showing all the mistakes and laughing at the film , anyone happen to know what I'm talking about ?.

And then Hasbro.

Nah, SW is done by Hasbro already, so there's the gateway for Disney to exploit already. :lol

Hmmmm, i'm surprised people are excited for this given the rampant hate for for the PT.

They'll have to recast the OT characters, i'm sure that'll go down well :lol

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINALLY we agree on something! :lol :horror *runs off to go find number for therapist*

Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm!? Episode 7 in 2015!??!?

This is be epic. A new direction in the more than capable hands of Disney which is great at protecting their characters can turn into something amazing! Real excited!

100% agree! Thought about how great the recent TRON film & animated series was. Maybe we see the Thrawn trilogy...or Darth Bane!

I am excited about this... after doubting Disney with The Muppets franchise, they did a great job with the new movie. So, I am confident they will do a great job with SW!! Bring it on! :rock!

Disney has done well with Marvel's heroes, so I'm quietly optimistic about what can come out of this with George still on as creative consultant.

I have high hopes for this, far more than any prequel movie.

But how in blue blazes are they going to get Ep VII out by 2015??

If they're continuing Luke, Han and Leia's story...it's gonna need to be animated. But not like the 'little kids" animation they use for the Clone Wars cartoon. What about something like the Star Wars: The Old Republic trailers. That would be perfect.

Someone asking about Indy on the conference call.....

Reply - they did not factor Indy into the purchase because apparently there are complications with Paramount. Meaning they simply didn't consider the value, not that it isn't included.

I am paraphrasing and may not have that exactly right....

So after The Hobbit Trilogy ends I get to look forward to new Star Wars! Greatest news to come home to in a long time.

Sounds like a pretty smart move on both sides. Looking forward to seeing what comes out of it. Ep IV could introduce a number of new characters and conflicts. Lucas would have sat on his thumbs forever talking about maybe and maybe not. Now some new blood can be brought in to reinvigorate the franchise.

If they're continuing Luke, Han and Leia's story...it's gonna need to be animated. But not like the 'little kids" animation they use for the Clone Wars cartoon. What about something like the Star Wars: The Old Republic trailers. That would be perfect.

Yup. :pray:

They could take over Joe though :panic:

That, like blackmask, could go either way though. :nono

Sounds like a pretty smart move on both sides. Looking forward to seeing what comes out of it. Ep IV could introduce a number of new characters and conflicts. Lucas would have sat on his thumbs forever talking about maybe and maybe not. Now some new blood can be brought in to reinvigorate the franchise.

FYI: Episode IV already did... when it came out in 1977. :wave :lol

Back