Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm Ltd.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least this will stop the constant tinkering with the movies.

And 7-8-9 is a direction I always preferred to go rather than backwards.

Hope they don't rush this, but it sounds like it already is. They've given themselves 2.5 years to prepare for a trilogy and deliever the first film.

I'm a very nervous passenger right now.

It's not like they don't have an established backstory to work from though, but yeah, this could end up reeeeeeeeeeally bad. :lol

As drooling as I would be for those, does this deal apply only to Lucasfilm, or is LucasArts included in that?

I'm just thinking that because Lucasfilm was at one time Lucasfilm Games, before they changed to Lucasarts that it would be. It all comes under the same umbrella.

Hope they don't rush this, but it sounds like it already is. They've given themselves 2.5 years to prepare for a trilogy and deliever the first film.

That's why I'm hoping they just pull from the very rich EU...The Thrawn Trilogy? How awesome would those be!? Alas, the recasting of the core OT cast seems like an insurmountable obstacle. :(

Re: Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm for $4 Billion

They should remake all the Star Wars movies because the acting sucks.

Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm!? Episode 7 in 2015!??!?

Great news. Cant wait to see what they do with it.

I'd rather a new space saga unfold. BioWare needs to make movies. Seriously, their jump back in time for KotOR was a stroke of genius. Unless you were a comic reader, no one knew much about that era. They had a lot of freedom to do their own thing.

Then they moved onto Mass Effect. Holy crap, AMAZING. I don't wanna see ME made into a movie, but I love how they took that galactic feel Star Wars and Star Trek had and made something new from it. I wish we were getting that instead. I'd get more excited than feeling wary and unsure.

I know Disney can do a good job with Star Wars. I'm not saying that they will, but they are more than capable. Lucas is better as a creative director, so I think his role in the future of Star Wars will be a good one for him. Now that I've had about an hour to digest this, I'm feeling better about it.

Exactly my reaction to reading and listening to the Lucas interview. I want to be excited for this because Empire was built from another filmmaker, but it's Disney.....and not much time to prep. Weird...just so weird....

Mark Hamill is looking pretty bad lately

but its not Starwars without old Han Solo,chewy, and now the new ben kenobi mentor luke skywalker (hamill)

Coming 2017: Star Wars Origins: Yoda!

:lol

Seriously though, glad to see some possibilities for the future.

It's not like they don't have an established backstory to work from though, but yeah, this could end up reeeeeeeeeeally bad. :lol

I imagine Lucas had some ideas jotted down about what he would have liked to see in 7-9... but that "backstory" has been navigated in so many sources (the expansive octopus know as the EU) that I doubt anyone alive can make heads or tails about what story would work without pissing on somebody's understanding. It's going to be a very daunting task for someone if they try to maintain the already written universe.

That's why I'm hoping they just pull from the very rich EU...The Thrawn Trilogy? How awesome would those be!? Alas, the recasting of the core OT cast seems like an insurmountable obstacle. :(

I don't know too much about the EU and its storylines so it will all be fresh to me no matter what. But I'd prefer to continue with the Skywalker family in some fashion. Maybe Hamill as a grandfather to a lost grandson, I don't know. It does seem to get repetitive that way, doesn't it?

:goodpost::exactly:

If they do Luke, Han, and Leia that is... I'd rather them take on another era. I happen to love the Expanded Universe and don't wanna see the continuity of that thrown out the window.
Completely agree. I want a new story, but if this is what we're going to get I think animation is the best way to go.

If it was any other franchise I'd be fine with Luke Han and Leia being recasted...but this is Star Wars for christ's sake. That would just be insane.

I would love to see films made of some of the books that take place long before the saga. The Darth Bane novels for example. Or something from Bioware's Old Republic with Revan or even Malgus perhaps.
They failed the online game, but the stories they have are great IMO.

Back