Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm Ltd.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDCjIjsZp_Y&playnext=1&list=PLDFBEFBD150FBDB7F&feature=results_video"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDCjIjsZp_Y&playnext=1&list=PLDFBEFBD150FBDB7F&feature=results_video[/ame]

It makes sense. Pixar and Marvel have done great under Disney. Why shouldn't SW? It can't get much worse :dunno

I have to agree... Lucas has done more harm to the films than anyone else. At this point further films will either be a welcome addition or I will treat them like the Matrix Sequels (in that they do not exist) :lol

This news doesn't mean much to me, personally, since I don't really care about any new Star Wars media. Just give us the OT on Blu Ray, and I'll be happy.

I'm interested to see what happens... but I really hope that the Unaltered OT gets properly restored by Disney/LFL and given a bluray release. I love having the Harmy versions, but I'd be all over the originals in HD.

That's why I'm hoping they just pull from the very rich EU...The Thrawn Trilogy? How awesome would those be!? Alas, the recasting of the core OT cast seems like an insurmountable obstacle. :(

The cast will be interesting... and totally recasting the core actors will probably be necessary if the plan on continuing the stories of Luke, Han and Leia shortly after the events of ROTJ.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if we take another 20-30 year leap ahead and maybe have Fisher, Hamill and Ford involved but in greatly diminshed roles acting more as mentors to the new cast... similar to what happened with the PT.

Overall I'm pretty excited about the possibilities of this announcement. If it goes poorly I'll still have my Star Wars thanks to fanedits, but if anything could officially redeem the SW universe its new blood and passion being brought into the fold.

I took my family to Disneyworld a few months ago, was there for a Star Wars weekend. I'm not surprised by this.

Star Wars written by Marvel guys. Sounds good to me.

Every year you start out with spring. The fresh air, the cleansing rain, the new sprouts of budding plants. Hope is in the air. Optimism reigns. And then by winter you realize all the bitter disappointments in life.

Baseball and Star Wars movies.

I don't know too much about the EU and its storylines so it will all be fresh to me no matter what. But I'd prefer to continue with the Skywalker family in some fashion. Maybe Hamill as a grandfather to a lost grandson, I don't know. It does seem to get repetitive that way, doesn't it?

I think Luke as a wizened and experienced Jedi mentoring new Jedi could be a very interesting backdrop for a new story. It doesn't necessarily have to be his descenents for ti to work and like you said maybe a non-Skywalker would be more interesting anyway.

I have to agree... Lucas has done more harm to the films than anyone else. At this point further films will either be a welcome addition or I will treat them like the Matrix Sequels (in that they do not exist) :lol

I'm interested to see what happens... but I really hope that the Unaltered OT gets properly restored by Disney/LFL and given a bluray release. I love having the Harmy versions, but I'd be all over the originals in HD.

The cast will be interesting... and totally recasting the core actors will probably be necessary if the plan on continuing the stories of Luke, Han and Leia shortly after the events of ROTJ.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if we take another 20-30 year leap ahead and maybe have Fisher, Hamill and Ford involved but in greatly diminshed roles acting more as mentors to the new cast... similar to what happened with the PT.

Overall I'm pretty excited about the possibilities of this announcement. If it goes poorly I'll still have my Star Wars thanks to fanedits, but if anything could officially redeem the SW universe its new blood and passion being brought into the fold.

:goodpost::clap:exactly:

so who owns ILM now?

Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind "Star Wars," from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the "Star Wars" series called "Episode 7," set for release in 2015, with plans to follow it with Episodes 8 and 9 and then one new movie every two or three years.
The Walt Disney Co. announced the blockbuster agreement to make the purchase in cash and stock Tuesday. The deal includes Lucasfilm's prized high-tech production companies, Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound, as well as rights to the "Indiana Jones" franchise.

Lucas has his story treatment for 7 - 9. It'll probably be used.

Ah, lets hope not!!!

Overall, I take this as good news. Lucas' best creative days are behind him; the man was always more of a business genius than creative one, so this seems like a good marriage. Disney did alright by Avenger's fans, so here's hoping that trend continues.

As much as I love Luke, Hamill is too fat and out of shape to make a believable Jedi Master or whatever he would be 30 years later

I'm stunned. The biggest WTF news ever. If they do it I hope they start with a new slate. Something completely fresh and no recasting old characters. I'm excited for what could be but nervous of what could be.

Does this mean we'll finally get the OT on blue ray without all that SE crap. Man, I hope so!

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Ah, lets hope not!!!

Overall, I take this as good news. Lucas' best creative days are behind him; the man was always more of a business genius than creative one, so this seems like a good marriage. Disney did alright by Avenger's fans, so here's hoping that trend continues.

As much as I love Luke, Hamill is too fat and out of shape to make a believable Jedi Master or whatever he would be 30 years later

He has a least a year to get back in shape!

Make it happen. HAMILL + JENNY CRAIG!

I'm stunned. The biggest WTF news ever. If they do it I hope they start with a new slate. Something completely fresh and no recasting old characters. I'm excited for what could be but nervous of what could be.

Does this mean we'll finally get the OT on blue ray without all that SE crap. Man, I hope so!

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Can't see that happening, they are looking forward not back. Movies 1 thru 6 are done.

this is awesome NEWS!!!
the company will be in great hands and now Star wars will truly be FOREVER!!!
Celebrations to come will be interesting.
2015 is NOT that long a wait...
Great time to be a fan!!!!
Hot toys has the license to Marvel figures too right......so in 2015 we COULD get a lot of new 12inch SW figures!!!

Back