Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm Ltd.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at how Disney handled the Marvel movies. This can only mean good things for SW. At least that's what I am gonna tell myself.

I agree.

And, I mean, come on... look how Lucas handled the PT.

Disney can't make a worse move than Episode 1, can they?

In all seriousness, it would be nice to see Hamill and McGregor back as Jedi Spirits. Maybe even Liam this time?

I wouldn't bother with Harrison or Carrie.

Scrap all of them.

SW needs something fresh, not more of the same.

Even the last Pirates of the Caribbean movie (while being fairly awful) was still infinitely better than Ep 1.

Thats a close call in sucktitude.

Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm for $4 Billion

The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) announced today that it has agreed to acquire Lucasfilm Ltd. in a stock and cash transaction valued at $4.05 billion. Lucasfilm is 100 percent owned by Lucasfilm chairman and founder, George Lucas.

Under the agreement and based on the closing price of Disney stock on Oct. 26, 2012, the transaction value is $4.05 billion, with Disney paying half of the consideration in cash and issuing 40 million shares at closing.

https://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2012/10/disney-to-acquire-lucasfilms-for-4-billion/

So everything now will fall under Disney licensing, this includes everything Star Wars, and not to mention their earlier acquisition of Marvel.

:google Best WTF news EVER! Did not see this coming one bit! Episode 7! :drool

Are they going to get the gang back together? Hamill? Fisher? Ford?!?!

I honestly can't imagine the original cast returning. Ford and Hamill have both gone out of their way to state that they have moved on from the franchise.

It'll most likely be years into the future past RotJ.

I'd never beg for Lucas back, nothing Disney does can be any worse the the handling of SW over the last 15+ years. Either it gets better or it stays sucking.

Bottom line, I will always have the OT, so it doesn't really matter who has SW.:dunno

If Disney uses real sets, then it's automatically better then half the PT.

Boom. :exactly: And I'm a PT fan, but this is all true. Some nice developments could happen and if they don't at least we already have what we have.

Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm!? Episode 7 in 2015!??!?

So do we know if this is legit... or just something like Lucas digitally resurrecting dead actors :lol

If it is true, I don't think SW can be handled worse in anyone else's hands than Lucas and maybe we could finally get an official release of the OT in HD :rock

Scrap all of them.

SW needs something fresh, not more of the same.

As spirits though they can't harm anything and at least tie it to the previous episodes.

I just hope there's none of the lame EU stuff about Han and Leia's kids or whatever.

The existing EU isn't strong enough to base the franchise on them.

I honestly can't imagine the original cast returning. Ford and Hamill have both gone out of their way to state that they have moved on from the franchise.

It'll most likely be years into the future past RotJ.

Wipe the slate clean. If there is a tired franchise its SW. I just hope Disney brings something new. OT and PT and already there and done. Do something fresh and new.

I'm extremely excited by the thought of EU films...Tommothy Zahn's books :drool But I do dread the thought of them recasting all of the core OT characters...

Screw Pixar Star Wars. I want the other side of Lucasfilm to be made into movies.

THE MONKEY ISLAND MOVIE!
THE GRIM FANDANGO MOVIE!
THE DIG MOVIE!
DAY OF THE TENTACLE (and Manaic Mansion)

All made by Pixar!

And Full Throttle...in live action...

Back