Disney closes Lucasarts, Cancels all current game projects.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must not have ever played any of their licensed games. They're a celebration of a$$.

Not to mention they forget certain details... And that fuzts their gameplay... ALL the time... How many different ways does it take to play a sport each release on a console? Ask EA. :lol

Yes. I liked the storyline and the tone from the previews. If the gameplay had been solid it would have been exactly what Lucasarts needed.

Oh kool, to bad. Bounty Hunter was and still is a cool game to play. Never see it when at Gamestops anymore. Tbh a lot of people say they knew this would happen, but in all honesty I feel LucasArts had it coming too. I mean, when ya compare Indy: Emperor's Tomb to Indy: Staff of Kings. Emperors Tomb Wins... Lot's of their games imho fell short after 2004-2005. TFU was their last greatest and the sequel sucked. And honestly they could have pushed more into Battlefront 2 besides using same models with alrerations and new map builds.

The Walt Disney Company has a licensing agreement with Electronic Arts.

"I feel a great disturbance in the Force.
It's as if a million voices cried out and were suddenly silenced"

So basically the gaming industries Sith equivalent has a monopoly on the franchise. Get ready for micro transactions out the Wookie a$$, chapters and levels cut for later sale as DLC and hurried products to meet quartly goals. Bend over gamers, we're about to get a lightsaber enema.

"Get ready for micro transactions out the Wookie a$$, chapters and levels cut for later sale as DLC and hurried products to meet quartly goals. Bend over gamers, we're about to get a lightsaber enema.

So basically what Lucasarts did for the past 13 years?

While I agree, in EA's defense almost every publisher seems to be that greedy now.

Sadly that is the trend and I don't believe the majority of the gaming demographic has the discipline to take a stand against it with their purchasing power. It's just going to get worse.

EA makes some good games. They also LOVE microtransactions, and they love DRM. They've been known to seriously rush out stuff too - I mean, ME3 is a beautiful looking game, that's deeply flawed. Dead Space 3 is another great looking game that has some issues (easy as hell being the main), so this news is very, very, very MIXED

EA makes some good games. They also LOVE microtransactions, and they love DRM. They've been known to seriously rush out stuff too - I mean, ME3 is a beautiful looking game, that's deeply flawed. Dead Space 3 is another great looking game that has some issues (easy as hell being the main), so this news is very, very, very MIXED

Those are the good games. They make mostly s&%t license games. LoTR, Harry Potter, James Bond etc.. All tributes to the god of a$$. They might screw up and deliver a good game now and then, but those are the flukes. The freak accidents that happen in spite of them when a studio they enslaved goes above and beyond during their insignificant development time. They mostly specialize in the creating and manufacturing of licensed diarrhea.

While I agree, in EA's defense almost every publisher seems to be that greedy now.

Honestly these days all publishers do it but Ubisoft seems even worse than EA, not to mention Activision....

I'd be fine with an exclusive publisher deal for EA but what shocks me is that it's also a development deal. :dunno

Care to explain that?

People like their games, people may get pissed about things, but they want what they're selling. They have the resources and they make the type of games that would allow them to also make good Star Wars games.

They can screw it up of course, but it wouldn't be hard for them not to.

The only alternative is Activision, which what studio would you like from them to do a Star Wars game? Activision is only on top because of WoW and COD, while EA has several studios (DICE, Viceral, Bioware) that are would actually be able to do a good job with Star Wars.

Back