Disney closes Lucasarts, Cancels all current game projects.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They were some of the best many years ago. TIE Fighter, the Dark Forces games. Also their adventures like Sam and Max and Full Throttle bring back fond memories. More recently Force Unleashed was great, at least story-wise.

After that, however, although I grew up on Lucasarts games (and learned English by furiously playing TIE Fighter), I must admit that they haven't done a lot of great stuff lately.

Maybe it's for the better that they'll begin outsourcing this richest of licenses. Imagine a Crystal Dinamics Indy game, or a Crytek Jedi Knight!

Activision and EA are probably looking at this situation hard. This license will go to the deepest pockets and we'll probably get garbage cash in games.

While LucasArts has been hit and miss (mostly miss), the ones that hit were awesome. Since "reboot" seems to the way to go nowadays, Disney should consider rebooting some of the games. I'm pretty sure an update X-Wing/TIE Fighter sim or new Dark Forces fps would be winners.

What's funny is that this past weekend I dug through my old games looking for something to play. I ended up loading SW:EaW but I found:

X-Wing
TIE Fighter
Yoda Stories.
Dark Forces (with the original box)
Rebellion
EaW
EaW-FoC
Battlefront I & II
Republic Commando
KoTOR I & II
Rebel Assault I & II
Rogue Squadron
Galactic Battlegrounds
Force Unleashed I & II
Shadows of the Empire
Force Commander

Didn't realize I had that many games. And I think I didn't find all of them.

However, I really was looking forward to 1313. Hopefully they will license it and it will see the light of day.

I want a sequel to Star Wars Episode 1 racer. **** that game was fun!

I want a sequel to Star Wars Episode 1 racer. **** that game was fun!

They made one, but it was nowhere near as fun as the first one. I played the hell out of that game.

Star_Wars_Racer_Revenge.jpg

They made one, but it was nowhere near as fun as the first one. I played the hell out of that game.

Star_Wars_Racer_Revenge.jpg

I didn't even know about this! Well they need to make a current gen star wars racer. Would easily be day one for me. I don't even really play racing games, but the star wars one is just too much fun.

My favourite Star Wars game from them was Supremacy/Rebellion.
But I preferred their Monkey Island's, Manaic Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max and of course Grim Fandango.

Disney are scumbags.

LOL, second worst in history of MMORPG.
More like one of the most creative and immersive MMOs of all time. :dunno

Hope we get some more TIE Fighter/X-wing games and is it possible that we could get a Battlefront 3 now?

I don't usually play video games, but from Star Wars I really enjoyed Battlefront 1&2 and The Force Unleashed.

Haven't played video games in a while but this news makes me sad, although I hope some new games still come out somehow.

This news really bums me out. I have so many great memories of Lucas Arts in High School

X-Wing
Dark Forces
Rebel Assault
Jedi Knight
Day of the Tentacle
Full Throttle
Grim Fandango
Outlaws
Racer
Rogue Squadron
KotOR
Republic Commando