Disney closes Lucasarts, Cancels all current game projects.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RIP Lucasarts:

Full Throttle
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Day of the Tentacle
Sam and Max Hit the Road

Dark Forces
Jedi Knight
Jedi Outcast
X-Wing
Tie Fighter <---- best game of all time
KOTOR

I'm bummed about these franchises in particular...
Some of their best games were those...
and the Monkey Island saga... :monkey2

RIP Lucasarts:

Full Throttle
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Day of the Tentacle
Sam and Max Hit the Road
Dark Forces
Jedi Knight
Jedi Outcast
X-Wing
Tie Fighter <---- best game of all time
KOTOR

I LOVE Tie-fighter! It's absolutely the best simulator game that I ever played - even to this day. The Missile Boat and Tie Defender were great concepts, and it's too bad that they weren't incorporated into the official canon.

I'm sure that I played every single game on that list. Loved them all. Had a blast with Dark Forces for several years, too.

Back in the day, LucasArts made some awesome games. But let's face it, all of LucasArts best and most memorable games were a damn long time ago now. If anything, this is probably overdue.

Using a licensing model and being able to (hopefully) select from the best and most interesting ideas presented by fresh companies that haven't already been jaded by working for years as a cog in the LucasArts machine may just get us some quality licensed games again, made by people excited to be working with such ,, until now, largely unattainable dream licenses.

I mean we all know that licensing for Star Wars or Indy is going to cost a packet anyway, so hopefully any company prepared to make that kind of investment will want to do everything they can to create something special with it.

Bad news for the people that work there, but for gamers and fans, this might be a very good thing in the long run.

The problem though is that Disney has a terrible history with video games, including the ones they've licensed, so it doesn't necessarily mean things will get better.

I LOVE Tie-fighter! It's absolutely the best simulator game that I ever played - even to this day. The Missile Boat and Tie Defender were great concepts, and it's too bad that they weren't incorporated into the official canon.

I'm sure that I played every single game on that list. Loved them all. Had a blast with Dark Forces for several years, too.

I loved doing all the bonus objectives. Getting into the Secret Order of the Emperor was bad-***.

526061-star-wars-tie-fighter-dos-screenshot-this-eerie-tattoo-designates.png

Last edited:
Knights of the Old Repbulic
Knights of the Old Repbulic 2
The Force Unleashed

:lecture :lecture

2 of the 3 of those were licensed out.

I fully back this decision and I bet 1313 sucked and wasn't able to be ported to current gen. I doubt we missed anything. At the least it referenced the now cancelled Clone Wars series so the crossover wouldn't work. (The last few episodes referenced 1314 & 1315.)

Nnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooo!!!

1313 looked and sounded so good! :(

as long as that means more games like Knights of the Old Republic I & II, The Old Republic, or Kingdom Hearts (the disney characters there were licensed out i believe) then its good news

Back