DIMIC - a new blog covering all our interests

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you seen a little girl? « DIMIC
toymunkey_silenthill_pyrheadnurse_pre.jpg
Short, black hair? About seven years old?
No?
I have. A long, long time ago in a seaside resort town called Silent Hill.

Gotham’s most famous are immortalized by Sideshow « DIMIC
ssc_batmanpoisonivy_pre.jpg
Ivy: There's just something about an anatomically correct rubber suit that puts fire in a girl's lips.
Batman: Why is it that all the beautiful ones are homicidal maniacs? Is it me?

An impressive-looking blade… but nothing more. « DIMIC
f4f_twilightprincess_ganondorf.jpg
There are a few companies that I really love and First 4 Figures is definitely on top of that list. But even though I love them, they're making some weird choices lately that I absolutely don't approve of. Like increasing edition sizes after the announcement (and thus after receiving my order for the statue). But what they're doing now, rrrrrrrreally pisses me off!

All who live know my name. All who oppose me shall know Death « DIMIC
triforce_darksiders2death_pre.jpg
One of the newest additions to my interests-radar is Project Triforce. I've known them for quite a while (since I found out they did the Marcus Fenix statue from the Epic Edition) but lately, they're getting very interesting with their guns and whatnot. And now they do something I really like. They're making a statue of a game that hasn't been released yet; Death from Darksiders 2!

Oh crap, a pop-up. « DIMIC
ssc_maleshepard_pre.jpg
I haven't played the games yet but Ingis has and I looked over his shoulder multiple times while he did. So I do know what went on and what happened with everybody. Kinda felt like a soap opera...

Don’t fear change, embrace it. « DIMIC
sota_darkstalkers_theembrace_re.jpg
Almost a year ago, I previewed Sota Toys' Embrace statue. If you've read that one, you'd know how horrified I was at the preview pictures of said statue and how sad it made me. Sad because I really, really like the idea and pose but as usual with Sota products, the quality really is sub par...
Luckily they stated that the final product would be better. And my, were they wrong...

Don’t get any funny ideas. « DIMIC
ssc_halo_masterchief_pre.jpg
This is going to be a painful year for those that collect game related statues. First the Mass Effect Shepard PF and now this. And just like with the ME one, there are also quite some changes I'd like to see with this one...

The Star Wars That I Used To Know « DIMIC
You know that I like Star Wars stuff and especially videos using characters from the universe to promote or parody something, someone or whatever. Well, guess what. I got a new one for you today!

?? :s

And I looked, and behold a pale horse « DIMIC
darksiders2_re.jpg
About two weeks ago, I previewed the Darksiders 2 stuff that Triforce is going to release soon. And I really hope they'll do it soon since it will go wonderful with this amazing special edition.

Want to do some good? « DIMIC
makeawish2012.jpg
And you have money to spare and love Star Wars? Then these auctions might be interesting for you!

Edit: auctions have ended. Added the selling price to each of the helmets

I want to be the girl with the most bracelets. « DIMIC
pcs_chunli_re.jpg
About a year ago, I previewed Pop Culture Shock's Chun-Li statue. And because of certain complications, she only arrived around three weeks ago. With us being on vacation the last twee weeks, and just back, I finally found the time to actually review it.

What’s past is prologue. « DIMIC
maxfactory_metroidothermsamus_re.jpg
I really love Nintendo merchandise. Especially from characters that I've liked for years. One of those characters already has a semi-nice statue but this PVC really blows that one out of the water! And all others like it as well!

I’m in love with Halo « DIMIC
Who isn't? I don't understand the whining about this series... People complain that the story behind it is weak and whatnot. Try reading the books and understanding everything that happened/happening/happen.

Here’s to simply being happily drunk. « DIMIC
kotobukiya_meshepardbish_pre.jpg
While we only had a teaser image in our last mentioning of this Bishoujo from Kotobukiya, now we finally have almost all the information for you. Like with the last two Tekken Bishoujo releases (Alisa and Asuka), Female Commander Shepard from Mass Effect will also be getting the exclusive treatment.
So yeah, there will be an exclusive variant for sale as well but it will be a BioWare store exclusive... Not that it matters, I like that store. Apart from the fact that you have to pay in full when you order even though it's a pre-order...

Isn’t he cute?! « DIMIC
zoomoth_babymetroidv1_re.jpg
A few months ago, I told those that follow us on Facebook as well that I was getting a baby soon.
That is was on it's way.

All the way from Japan.

FACTS 2012 « DIMIC
facts2011.jpg
Just like last year, we went to the only big geek festival there is around here. Yes, that's right; FACTS.

DC Collectibles dropped a bomb on us « DIMIC
dccollectibles_bombshells_pre.jpg
And they did that with their newest statue line: the DC Comics Bombshells!

[UPDATED] I will bathe in your warm blood. « DIMIC
pcs_reptilescorpion_pre.jpg
I previewed Pop Culture Shock their first Mortal Kombat statue quite a while ago. Even though we initially ordered him, thanks to a friend of ours, we didn't like him and Jerry's news made it even easier to cancel him. What news, you ask? Well, he announced that he would also do a Klassic (hehe) line. And said Klassic line would be more like his previously released statues: museum poses and black round bases. We liked that idea even more! And the time has finally come for us to pre-order the Klassic ones, starting with Scorpion!

And Reptile!?

Update: edition size of Reptile has been increased. Got one! Also updated the text with some extra information

Mastodon! Pterodactyl! Triceratops! Saber-Toothed Tiger! Tyrannosaurus! « DIMIC
bandai_megazord_re.jpg
There was a time I was running around the house and the playground screaming those dinosaur species. Not that I was such a huge fan of those enormous beasts, no no. It was mostly because I was a huge Power Ranger fan. I still have a big hunk of nostalgia sitting inside of me, loving the series. Especially the first three seasons are special to me. At that time, I bought all the toys I could get, or ask them for my birthday. And now, a good 15 years later I again bought a Power Ranger toy. Boy's never really grow old I think.

Pity, I was beginning to enjoy the atmosphere. « DIMIC
It's such a pity, I was so looking forward to the Darksiders 2: Death and Dust statue from Project Triforce...

If it bites… kill it. « DIMIC
ssc_skaarex_re.jpg
We jumped on the waitlist after hesitating too long. After that, we decided to cancel our waitlist because we didn't really knew the character and we wanted to slim down our purchases. Of course, right after that, we encountered him in the Incredible Hulks issues. In Incredible Hulks #623 - Planet Savage Part One to be precise. Yeah, we still need to backtrack in quite a lot of series...

I suggest you search for flames. « DIMIC
wii_legendofzeldaskywardsword_re.jpg
There aren't that many Wii games, or Nintendo games in general, that get released with a special edition. But when they do release one, I generally want it even though it usually isn't that much. I guess I just have a soft spot for Ninty. And the Zelda franchise of course.

Pity, I was beginning to enjoy the atmosphere. [2] « DIMIC
And I thought I already had trouble deciding whether or not to get Project Triforce their Death & Dust statue...

And his name that sat on him was Death « DIMIC
projecttriforce_scythe_pre.jpg
It feels like Darksiders Day today with my previous post about the Death and Dust Limited edition statue and now this one. Yes, another post about Darksiders and about Project Triforce.

We're not as different as we seem to be. « DIMIC
bandai_pokemonmewtwo_pre.jpg
One of my childhood loves was Pokémon. I absolutely loved that series, the games and of course the movies. I remember well the first Pokémon movie.
How can I not when I've seen it about 20 times in the movie theater. Who doesn't remember the awesome battle in the first movie? Or that hart-breaking moment when Ash sacrifices himself, turns to stone and Pikachu trying to revive him. I still get tears in my eyes when I watch that moment.
And how can I not when I've listened to the soundtrack day after day. I even bought the VHS twice, one English spoken and one in Dutch. I've played them so many times that some parts had trouble playing. Same with the cd I'm afraid...
I still love the series although I have to admit that I don't watch the series nor the movies anymore. Also the games lost some of the appeal the older ones had. But, I still love them and I still buy stuff like plush toys and things like that. And now, Bandai is going to release the most awesome VS couple ever! Indeed; Mewtwo and Mew are going at it again!

Black Friday is the new pink « DIMIC
Insert Coin Clothing is one of my favorite tee companies even though their assortment isn't that big. They're about the only company that delivers good quality girly tee's in a size that actually fits me. Most of the smalls, which is usually the smallest size, I order are just too big for me. Not extremely, but still. Their S (small) is more like an XS which is perfect for me. And, even after countless of washing it, the print's still intact and the shirts isn't faded or stretched. Perfect!

[UPDATED] Metal in truck an excellent iron supplement for maw's diet! « DIMIC
bioware_memordinbust_pre.jpg

*beeberdebeebbeeb* The sound of my cellphone receiving a sms. Not actually a beep since it's the sound Mario growing after eating a mushroom, but it's the best I could type it. So let us just agree that *beeberdebeebbeeb* is the sound of an incoming sms.
Insert me reading sms;

"There is a bust line announced from Mass Effect, $40 until monday. First one is Mordin."

Update: new pictures with correct headset

Now here comes, the Edible Hulk « DIMIC
Who didn't grew up with Sesame Street? The characters still hold a place in all our hearts and even now we love to watch them in spin-offs or parodies. And since we're geeks, we also love things like Marvel, science fiction series and SF/Fantasy movies/novels.

And what's better than to combine the two?

Helping others always comes before asking others for help. « DIMIC
squarekingmickey2_re.jpg

Even though we didn't plan on buying more of those Play Arts action figures from Square Enix, Ingis really wanted this one as well. So, yes. Another King Mickey.

Proudly wave the flag of freedom « DIMIC
ubisoft_ac3flag_pre.jpg

We've got a few favorite game series and one of them is Assassin's Creed. Having followed Ezio's and his ancestors throughout the course of history, we've now arrived at the American Revolution. And, like with the previous installments, Ubisoft Workshop also offers us some nice goodies inspired by this game. But nothing beats this amazing flag!

Inconceivable! « DIMIC
One of my favorite films ever has to be The Princess Bride. And now, even a sport channel is showing this movie some love!

ESPN NFL Live (ESPN SportCenter host, Trey Wingo and Super Bowl winning NFL analysts Mark Schlereth, and Tedy Bruschi) decided to drop some Princess Bride love on our heads during a broadcast. Count how many Princess Brides references you can pick up.

I always give my all no matter who I face. « DIMIC
pcs_sfalex_pre.jpg

And another Pop Culture Shock peeks around the corner. This time it's Alex from Street Fighter.

The seven Evils are one within me! I am Legion! « DIMIC
ssc_diablo3_pre.jpg

The last time I spoke of Diablo, I didn't even played the game yet. Now I do. And now, I know all about the Prime Evil that is Diablo!

Glad you came « DIMIC
By now, you should know that I love music videos. Especially when those are parodies and/or have lyrics based on video games, comics or other things considered geeky. And one group is really good on their way to become my favorite!

Turn me on « DIMIC
And just because I'm getting quite bored with waiting for Sideshow Collectibles to put the Pop Culture Shock Scorpion exclusive online for pre-order, here's another 'The Warp Zone' parody on a song.

I've always wondered what the fuss is all about the console war... Granted, I just buy all the consoles simply because of the exclusive titles for each of them. So, which one do you like best?

Love is over... « DIMIC
ArtSpirits_katherinecatherine_pre.jpg

I like Catherine. I've actually finally played it now and I really like the game. It really made me appreciate both the special edition and the figurine that I have of Catherine even more. Too bad Max Factory only released Catherine...

Well, now a different company is going to make a change!

Don't get too worked up! « DIMIC
kotobukiya_doaxbvkokoro_re.jpg

It's been quite a while since I reviewed a -Kotobukiya Dead or Alive: Xtreme2 Venus on the Beach line- girl which was Tina Armstrong, so it's about time that I review the one before last: Kokoro!

Oh? Canada! « DIMIC
Nathan Fillion is one of my favorite actors and not because I love Castle. Okay, also because I love Castle. But moreover, I love the series that put him on my, and probably on most of the people's, radar; Firefly!

Boom, headshot. « DIMIC
gamingheads_teamfortress2_sniper.jpg

I like games, as you well know, and I also like merchandise of games more then any other type of collectible. And when one of my favorite companies releases a new statue for pre-order, it's quite easy to guess what will happen. Yes, I'll pre-order it instantly and usually make a post about it as well. So, there you go. You now know the reason of this post.

Just - look for an override! « DIMIC
kotobukiya_deadspace3isaac_pre.jpg

Another one of those game series that's still on my to-do list is Dead Space. And now with number three coming out, Kotobukiya is jumping on the cart filled with Necro's to deliver us some Dead Space 3 merhandise. Of course, they're starting with the main character: Isaac Clarke.

Help me, Mario! [NSFW] « DIMIC
Being stuck in a place without internet sucks even though it felt good to be cut off for a while. Just that fear that we'd miss anything... But we're back and what's better to kick off the new year with a review? And what better way to start a new year with something old? Will Mario stop trying to save this timid princess?

Be wary: not safe for work or for little readers... The NSFW stands there for a reason.

Here, take one of these rare Pokémon. « DIMIC
bandai_pokemoncharizard_pre.jpg

As you probably know, Pokémon is one of those things that will be in my heart until I die. Both the games as the TV series had so many things that are just engraved in my mind. I mean, who doesn't remember that certain Pokémon that evolved to fast for Ash which resulted in some heartbreaking and hilarious situations. Not only was he the coolest end evolution of the three starter Pokémons, the basic form was also the most cute one to start with. So, you'll probably guess which one I always picked?

Steam in a box? « DIMIC
steambox_pre.jpg

I've got mixed feelings about services like Steam and the likes. I mean, I love it that Indie developers get a chance to release their products and all but I just really don't like digital products. I love to be able to hold the boxes and stuff like that. But, it's inevitable that it will continue to grow as a market...
Now, we got something even weirder down at the 2013 International CES trade show in Las Vegas. Check it out.

But calm, white calm, was born into a swan « DIMIC
asmustoys_swans_pre.jpg

Sometimes it happens that I stumble across something that I really, really like. Usually it will be something that we'll (eventually) buy but sometimes it's something that doesn't fit in our collection no matter what. But just because it doesn't fit in our collection doesn't mean I can't swoon about it... And now is one of those times. A company called Asmus Toys, which, frankly, I know nothing about, is going to release something based on an original art called The Swan.

It’s-a me, Mario! « DIMIC
tomy_nsmb_minimascots_re.jpg

I love gashapons and danglers. I occasionally even put a two euro coin in those machines that pop them out. But I much prefer getting the whole set in one go like we did with this set.

A-haha! Now we’re gettin’ somewhere – ! « DIMIC
deadspace3devteamed_pre.jpg

One of the games I'm looking forward to is Dead Space 3. And as I like editions, I'm finding myself really wanting this one. And I'm not talking about the lame 'special edition' they had already announced (aka including the "First Contact" and "Witness the Truth" Bundles) since they only included DLC which I highly dislike. Even though we can get this special edition here with both bundles included for the price of the regular game, I still don't like these kind of 'special editions'.
No, I'm talking about the Dev Team Edition. And it's nice...

The worst she might do is attempt to couple with your head. « DIMIC
gamingheads_halflife2_gordonfreeman.jpg

Thanks to the fact that I haven't had a lot of spare time the last couple of years, I have the feeling that I'm previewing stuff from games that I haven't played yet, quite often... Ah well. Doesn't mean I can't appreciate the art behind it. Also, the games are on my to-do list.

[UPDATED] Looksie! It’s a baby spiked lizard! « DIMIC
custom_styracosaurus_pre.jpg

And it's sooooo cute. I can't stop thinking about it so I couldn't do anything else but share it with the rest of the world. What am I talking about? Well, about Mike M.'s newest creation: the baby Styracosaurus.

Update: added edition size and a cute new picture.

Nemu*Nemu « DIMIC
nemunemu_post.jpg

One of my favorite web-, and offline, comics has to be Nemu*Nemu. This extremely cute and funny comic started back in April 2006 and I've been following them since their third post or so.

I am Shao Kahn! Conquorer of worlds! « DIMIC
pcs_shaokahnmodern_pre.jpg

Yeah, I don't think I need to tell you about who this post will be do I? But I will anyhow. It's about the next Pop Culture Shock Mortal Kombat statue which will be Shao Kahn.

I’m in the middle of some calibrations « DIMIC
bioware_garrusbust_pre.jpg

While last time I told my boyfriend of the new bust line Bioware was making, it was him that told me about the second in the line. Now it's time for Garrus to be immortalized into bust form.

I'll be fine. In fact I'll be anyone. « DIMIC
ssc_mystiqueex_re.jpg

Being sick isn't much fun, especially when you can't do anything behind a computer because you need to rest. Luckily, I'm feeling a bit better and what better way to celebrate then with a review of a statue we've been wanting for years? Last year on F.A.C.T.S. we were finally able to buy the Sideshow Collectibles Mystique premium format for a decent price. And, to keep our tradition, it was luckily also an exclusive version!

I don't care about justice or peace! « DIMIC
bandai_basstreble_pre.jpg

One of the bosses in the Mega Man games is finally getting immortalized in the D-Arts line from Bandai! People were asking for him for a long time and they finally decided to bring Bass, and his trusted wolf Treble, to life!

Cloudrise « DIMIC
In these times of usually uninspired movies, books and games, it's really nice to see that people can actually make something different. Something touching and intriguing. Something that really makes you hungry for more.

DC Collectibles dropped a bomb on us [2] « DIMIC
dccollectibles_bombshells_pre.jpg

And finally, we have more information regarding the Bombshell line from DC Collectibles! Hit the read more to find out more about these pinup girls from DC.

I'll have to build a bomb shelter... « DIMIC
dc_bombshellivy_pre.jpg

With all these Bombshells dropping, I'll have to build one. Yes, we just got news of the pricing, scale and release date and not long after, the next one was shown.

All men dream - but not equally. « DIMIC
ssc_nathandrake_pre.jpg

Normally, we'll be finally getting a PS3 somewhere next week. And then, we can finally play one of Sony's exclusive series; Uncharted. And it's quite funny that I can now also tell you that Sideshow Collectibles is also playing along with releasing an Uncharted 3 - Nathan Drake premium format!

[UPDATED] Shellshocker, Hydro Pump! « DIMIC
bandai_pokemonblastoise_pre.jpg

If you're familiar with the first Pokémon movie, you'll might remember Shellshocker. It was the nickname Neesha, one of the trainers that also fought Mewtwo, gave to her Blastoise. And Bandai/Tamashii has finally released pictures of this awesome water-type Pokémon! Edit: pre-orders are up!

When all seemed lost, I found a truth. « DIMIC
It's been fairly quiet lately and of course, that never lasts long. So, it comes to no surprise that when somebody announces something, it's quite big! The new Lara Croft game hasn't been released yet over here but we already got some merchandise of it. And now, there's also going to be some lithographs and the like.

A great opportunity « DIMIC
tkmiller_auction.jpg

It has presented itself. Sometimes, sculptors and manufacturers alike auction of rare, sold out or signed pieces. Sometimes it's for a greater good, sometimes it's to pay for something they need. This time, Tim Miller, one of my all-time favorite sculptors, is auctioning off some of his pieces, both his own work and just owned, to raise money to buy a new computer. It's might not be a greater good for most of human-kind but for fans of his work, it is.

You are formally invited... to the creation of my new galaxy! « DIMIC
yujin_supermariogalaxy_minifigures_re.jpg

One of our first gashapon sets was one of Nintendo's greatest game innovations of the past years; Super Mario Galaxy.

I know exactly of what you are capable. « DIMIC
pcs_akumevsgouken_pre.jpg

It's a good time for collectors of Pop Culture Shock products. Not only do they make nice statues, the owner also communicates a lot with the fans. And that's worth a lot, believe me. What's also nice is that they're stepping up their game and producing more and more different statues. Different in terms of scale, materials and license. And their newest product that goes online for pre-order today, is the Akuma Vs. Gouken diorama.

Kill well… and often. « DIMIC
gamingheads_skyrimdragonborn_pre.jpg

It doesn't happen often that I don't see things coming but today has been an off-day for me. First, I didn't expect that it would snow this much today. So much in fact that I've been having a rather boring day inside. Can't go to school and thus making all my assignments at home. And secondly, what I really didn't expect, at all, is that Gaming Heads would announce something today. And not just any announcement, no it's a new pre-order! And on top of that, it's also a brand new license! Here's the first statue in their The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim line; Dragonborn.

At least, I think it's a line. Don't know for sure since it's isn't explicitly mentioned anywhere... Ah, well.

M-M-M-M-Mario? « DIMIC
luigismansionexperience.jpg

While I really did wanted to post this last night, traffic jams kinda screwed up my plan. And because I had to go to school today, I had to postpone it to now. But boy, am I excited to tell you about yesterday!

I Metroid You « DIMIC
youjelly_metroidring_pre.jpg

I love shiny things and being a girl, I love jewelry. And what better jewelry then game-related ones? And according to You Jelly, I'm not the only one thinking that a Metroid would make a nice stylized ring.

Hey! Listen! « DIMIC
medicom_legendofzeldaskywardsword_link_pre.jpg

Sometimes, figure companies are so strange. Years go by without some decent merchandise for a game and suddenly, they're all making stuff for it. While this is not really the case of the Legend of Zelda franchise since there have been quite a lot merchandise for it, larger figure collectors have been shouting for years for a decent 1/6 action figure. And finally, Medicom comes through! Yes indeed, Medicom is releasing an 1/6 scale action figure of the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Link.

Gabby, you'd say the Normandy is a she, not a he, right? « DIMIC
bioware_masseffectnormandy18inch_pre.jpg

As some of you already may know, I'm a big fan of *the Mass Effect series. Not only the game itself, but the complete surroundings, including the designs of the ME universe. One thing I really love is the Normandy. I would really love to have one for myself but that is not gonna happen... my parking space is just to small. But the Bioware store is getting me closer to my goal.

Ay matey! « DIMIC
assassinscreed4specialedition_pre.jpg

Due to a death in the family, news on DIMIC had to be postponed a bit. But we're back again and with a great special edition preview to boot! Or better yet, multiple special editions for one game. Be ready to be a pirate assassin in Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag.

Sizziling circuits! « DIMIC
capcomstore_megaman_25annstatue_pre.jpg

The first Mega Man, or Rockman in Asia, game was released back in 1987. And guess what, that means this little man is celebrating his 25th anniversary this year. For a game IP, this is almost as long as one can exist. In my opinion, he deserves more love from Capcom and not just some appearances in Vs. games or a soulless digital game. He deserves more, but please, no more 3D... Well, at least Capcom has not forgotten about one of their most famous mascots birthday.

I won't break you. Yet. « DIMIC
maxfactory_guiltygearino_re.jpg

Our highest priority in our merchandise collection is collecting game related merchandise. Sadly, we collect too much other stuff to catch up with stuff from the past. But sometimes, we catch a break and get lucky. On myfigurecollection someone offered one of our most wanted game related PVC statues for a, more than reasonable, price. I'm talking about the Max Factory I-No from Guilty Gear.

Back