DIMIC - a new blog covering all our interests

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He makes me laugh. « DIMIC
jessica_rabbit_pre.jpg
And Sideshow Collectibles makes me cry... This was one of the two statues that I really was looking forward to after SDCC. It looked so good and with that little penguin with her, it was awesome. And because I didn't believe that the penguin was the exclusive part of her, I kept wondering what it would be. It had so many possibilities!

I did not program this foolishness into you! « DIMIC
ultron_pre.jpg
And yet, here I am; ordering a Marvel/Comic statue of a character I do not know yet from Sideshow. Yes, we finally got another Marvel villain Premium Format. Give a big round of applause for; Ultron.

You have a great sense of humor, but maybe it’s because of your face? « DIMIC
alter_dizzy_re.jpg
I'm finally done with my resits which means; more time for DIMIC! Aren't we glad. Also means finally a new post, meaning a new review, for you to read. Or to watch the pretty pictures. Either way, whoopee.

That's a lot of land... « DIMIC
anno2070_pre.jpg
Finally, they announced the special edition for the new Anno game! And I'm quite happy...

Samus here, Samus there, Samus everywhere. « DIMIC
maxfactory_metroid_pre.jpg
If you think of Nintendo licences most likely Mario or Kirby will pop up in your head. But there is also Metroid, one of the most ancient series in the Nintendo universe. Metroid on the NES shocked many gamers when the end credits were scrolling over the screen. The protagonist was a female, which was unseen at the time and left many gamers with an open jaw staring at the screen. But if you think back and give this a very good thought you can only come to the conclusion that it was insanely brilliant.

Born this way « DIMIC
The original song by Lady Gaga has been covered many, many times before but I have to say, this one is one of my favorites!

Get over here! Again… « DIMIC
Syco_Kitana_pre.jpg
One of the most epic and oldest game franchises that keeps on producing games is Mortal Kombat. Hey, never said good games. But, number 9 is putting the, somewhat derailed, franchise back on track. This series collected a huge fan base over the past almost twenty years, starting with the arcade cabinets in the year 1992 if I recall this correct. It's only recent that some producers added this licence to their portfolio for more high-end collectibles. One of them is Pop Culture Shock who we already debated with some articles already here on Dimic. The second one joining is a rather new company called Syco Collectibles.

And a second is what you get. « DIMIC
You might remember reading a post about a certain lithograph a while back. Well, that lithograph (and almost all others) are for sale now in the UbiWorkshop.
They also got a lot of other stuff for sale! It's certainly worth checking out.

Don’t forget… Now you and I are now true Brothers! « DIMIC
darunia_re.jpg
I've been waiting for this statue for quite a long time. I had it pre-ordered on the First4Figures website but canceled because I could get it a lot cheaper local. And since it didn't matter where I bought it, because there isn't an exclusive version and I already got a lot of different numbers in this line, I ordered it here. They almost made me regret it because they didn't contact me when it was in stock! A lot of trouble later, I'm holding the great Sage of Fire in my hands!

To slay the dragon, use the magic sword. « DIMIC
daphne_re.jpg
Who doesn't know Don Bluth? You may not know him by name but you probably know quite a lot of his work. He made some of my favorite non-Disney animation movies (like Anastasia, A Troll in Central Park, The Secret of NIMH, An American Tail, ...) as well as some games that I still adore. One of those games is the arcade classic: Dragon's Lair.

Keumaya – Black Goat Daughter [NSFW] « DIMIC
black_goat.jpg
And here's my second Keumaya figure review. Although I could have done this together with the first one but I didn't. Still not sure why...

And let's quote my previous WARNING
Rrrrreally not safe for work. Also not suitable for people under the age of 18. Not that you'd care, you'll probably click anyway. Just saying.

Flawless Victory « DIMIC
syco_interview2011.jpg
And we're back with another interview! This time it's another new company their turn. We talked already about one of their lines and now we're talking to the people behind Syco Collectibles themselves!

The Biggest Comics, Sci-Fi and Anime Festival in the Benelux! « DIMIC
facts2011.jpg
Well, that's what she said.
No seriously, this probably is indeed the biggest one here. Not that hard actually since we don't got a lot of these festivals or cons as they like to call it in the States. I'd love it to go to the SDCC or the YNCC or whatever someday but for now, this'll do. This'll do.

Here I am! No, wait, I’m over here! « DIMIC
I never played Portal. Yeah, I know. Shame on me. But I really do like the concept and the design. Hell, I even got a T-shirt with a Portal design on it and it's one of my favorites.

May the stars shine down on you… « DIMIC
mariogalaxy-danglers_re.jpg
I loved the first Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii. Finished it and loved it all the way! Apart from one really annoying boss fight...
Haven't bought the second one yet, but it's on my To-Buy-List. And of course, I love merchandise. Especially, Nintendo merchandise.

Let us dance! « DIMIC
mileena_pre.jpg
I don't believe it! Most companies take about a year before releasing the pre-orders for a new product in a line but Syco Collectibles just released the third one from their Enchanted Warriors line: Mileena. Here's hoping that they haven't bitten more then they can chew...

Hey, look! I got me a heavy object! « DIMIC
bowen_mrfixit_pre.jpg
We are not really into collecting merchandise related to Marvel. We have some Sideshow PF's in our collection, mostly female. This is related to the sub-agreement in the agreements about the exceptions we will possibly consider to add in the collection, however we don't really accept them in general rules 'cause they are bound to be an exception. But sometimes there are some releases that are even not considered normally in the footnotes in those sub-agreements. What to do...

Link! Look out! « DIMIC
wolflinkmidna_re.jpg
Quite a while ago I reviewed the first statue from the Master Arts line of First 4 Figures which was the incredible Zant. Now, almost a year after I pre-ordered it, it's the turn for the second statue of this series: Wolf Link and Midna.
Even though I don't like one of F4F choices regarding this statue (namely; increasing the edition size after the initial pre-order opened), this statue is still well worth the wait.

Back