1/6 [DIDCorp] Donald Trump

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the likeness is decent as I mentioned, but I imagine many people don't have a presidential or world leaders shelf in their detolf, so it likely won't be a big seller.

DiD hasn't put out too many great historical leaders sculpts. I have their Churchill, and it's not a great likeness - but it works well from some angles because there aren't too many images of him around. Trump's image is everywhere, so the likeness is easier to pick apart.

Without getting into politics here. For anyone who may be interested in ordering this figure, it is supposed to come with 2 different sculpts. One with an expression and one without. Here is an image of what I think is the second sculpt (It was posted to DiD's Facebook page):

Trump sculpt.jpg

Without getting into politics here. For anyone who may be interested in ordering this figure, it is supposed to come with 2 different sculpts. One with an expression and one without. Here is an image of what I think is the second sculpt (It was posted to DiD's Facebook page):

View attachment 319443

Looks pretty good actually.

6360489455192162291563850737_Trump.jpg

This figure will be beautiful, believe me. They're doing very good things over at DiD Corp, very good things. A wonderful group of people.

Yeh, they're a great company. The last DiD figure I got was Winston Churchill. I'd wanted a Churchill figure for years and was stoked when it was released. Their "Capt. Millers" (ie Tom Hanks Saving Private Ryan) is one of my favourite sets too.

Yeh, they're a great company. The last DiD figure I got was Winston Churchill. I'd wanted a Churchill figure for years and was stoked when it was released. Their "Capt. Millers" (ie Tom Hanks Saving Private Ryan) is one of my favourite sets too.

I don't have too much experience with DiD. Well, any. Heck, I wasn't even privy that anyone produced figures of any world leaders, past or present. I personally think it would make for an interesting little collection though. Never thought about it before until I saw this figure.

Regardless of who produces it though, all I know is this figure will be beautiful...

6360965141015466051645415660_giphy%20(1).gif

:lol y'got me, completely missed your deadpan in your previous post.

I'm not so excited. There is only one historical figure I couldn't bring myself to have on my shelf, and that was 3R's 1939-45 Hitler.

This is the second one I'd never let anywhere within a mile of my house.

I'm not so excited. There is only one historical figure I couldn't bring myself to have on my shelf, and that was 3R's 1939-45 Hitler.

Now you got it. :lol

Eh, I wouldn't say I'm excited. Saying this figure will be "beautiful" is just me being humorous by imitating Trump's verbiage in the way he describes things. Now I think it'd be funny to have being that I personally voted for the guy, but it'd be worthless to me if he ends up performing poorly as US President (sort of like buying a sports jersey of a particular player on your favorite team, only to have that player traded to another team). I suppose regardless of what his job performance turns out to be, you can still have it from the historical standpoint of merely having a US President being that's now officially been penned into the history books, but if I did that, I'd be more apt to get one that's currently widely regarded as being a famous President in history.

I think the neutral faced sculpt isn't that bad actually; not perfect, but I know precisely who it is. The second one teased this evening I think looks even better thus far so I think it'll be a cool looking figure, but I think I'd pass on it as of right now. I don't think there needs to be any hurry to get it. As previously mentioned, I don't imagine many people have a detolf shelf dedicated to US Presidents or world leaders in general and even if they did, won't immediately be banging down the door to get this one.

I think this is one of those figures where if you buy it now at retail and decide to sell it later on, you won't get back what you paid for it. If you pass on it now at retail, I think there's a good chance you'll find it on the secondary market for less than retail.

I'd be more apt to get one that's currently widely regarded as being a famous President in history.

Yeah, even Obama would be significant historically simply because he was the first black president. Trump's another old white guy, he's got to prove himself historically worthy before he can sit on a shelf with, say, Roosevelt:

8687_2.jpg

Here's a link to BBTS' Sculpture Time releases if you're interested in knowing what other Presidents they've done. They're more expensive than DiD, and nowhere near as good sculpt or costume-wise. I'd guess Trump will be around $160 going by DiD's pricing.

As far as this release goes, I much prefer the second sculpt - if it turns out to be a second sculpt. It has some personality in it.

Stalin? Pol Pot? Mao? Milosevic? Idi Amin? Saddam Hussein? The Duvaliers? Various SS officers? Surely Trump hasn't exceeded their level of villainy at this point!

View attachment 319443
Sculpt looks really good there. I wonder if something went wrong with the other sculpt in the production process.

Ugh... it just doesn't look right, but at the price point, its probably not supposed to. "Jokes" aside, I doubt he'll scale well to any other figure for those world leader collectors. All 2 or 3 of you. :lol

Stalin? Pol Pot? Mao? Milosevic? Idi Amin? Saddam Hussein? The Duvaliers? Various SS officers? Surely Trump hasn't exceeded their level of villainy at this point!

:lol

Agreed, but I was referring to 1/6 figures specifically. Of those you mention there are 'high end' figures of Stalin, Mao, Goebbels and Himler, Che Guevara also.

It's not just about villainy for me, it's about historical significance and impact. I was thinking I wanted a Hitler figure to accompany my Churchill figure, just as I have a German infantry soldier just behind a US army ranger... but I couldn't do it, even if I could argue the display context.

Other than in a line of US Presidents, I couldn't imagine any context where I'd see Trump historically worthy.

Yeah, even Obama would be significant historically simply because he was the first black president. Trump's another old white guy, he's got to prove himself historically worthy before he can sit on a shelf with, say, Roosevelt:

8687_2.jpg

Here's a link to BBTS' Sculpture Time releases if you're interested in knowing what other Presidents they've done. They're more expensive than DiD, and nowhere near as good sculpt or costume-wise. I'd guess Trump will be around $160 going by DiD's pricing.

As far as this release goes, I much prefer the second sculpt - if it turns out to be a second sculpt. It has some personality in it.

That's pretty cool, didn't know they had made US Presidents before. Those are all from DiD?

Totally uncalled for.

Thought the exact same thing regarding that particular comment.

There is only one historical figure I couldn't bring myself to have on my shelf, and that was 3R's 1939-45 Hitler.

Stop being a big fat ***** and get yourself a 1/6 Uncle Adolf! :lecture

Churchhill needs a shelf mate.

That's pretty cool, didn't know they had made US Presidents before. Those are all from DiD?

They're by Sculpture Time. DiD has done a lot of historical figures, mostly military, and hasn't gone as far into the US Presidents line - I think they've only done Obama and now Trump. But their tailoring, sculpting and pricing is way better.

Stop being a big fat ***** and get yourself a 1/6 Uncle Adolf! :lecture

Churchhill needs a shelf mate.

:lol I couldn't afford it now even if I wanted to, after a $120 MSRP a couple years back they're going for around a thousand bucks now.

Last edited:
Back