1/6 3R/DID GM653 Benito Mussolini

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here are some examples of what I'm talking about. In this set, offer some weapons that are sort of rare or arcane in general that link up to some of the original subject matter theme. "Anchor" the set with a piece that is not controversial on it's own and entices the collector to find the value in the component parts of the set. And for those who are doing WW2 Italian figures in general as collectors, some expansive opportunities for new stuff can only create more options / wins for them.

Controversial sets don't bother me. Lazy sets do. But that's just me.

I guess, but I in no way feel I need to justify or explain why I collect what I do.

There is room in this hobby for everyone.

Except thieves. And possibly Philadelphia Eagles fans.

(Why is there a guy in that living room just casually wearing a backpack while hanging out?)

For me there's never been a place in my collection for the political leaders or their cronies because the focus is on soldiers.

I didn't even want generals until the new Rommel and Patton were announced.

Mussolini only now becomes a possible addition because he was the focus of Operation Oak, and it would be unique having him standing with Skorzeny, the Fallschirmjägern, and possibly another officer from z.b.V. Friedenthal (if the pips can be safely removed from the shoulder boards).

There'd be no place for him in uniform, so most of the set would be going to waste unless there are parts that could be repurposed.

One thing that will hopefully come from this announcement are Italian soldiers.
It has to be a Uniformed/Military version I think most people who would be into this would be pretty upset if he didn't have it.
My preferred look for him would be his most common appearance, but I get what you're going with as a companion piece, not who he actually is.
Capture.PNG

Meh.

Couldn't be bothered adding the rest...

The most interesting thing about it is the Beretta M1934...

DID Mussolini 15.jpg

...even though it looks a bit rough.

Interesting comments, wherever you sit it is all history now. What may yet come should be of concern to us all.

In the meantime I wonder if DiD shall complete the Palm hero Saving Private Ryan set in 1.12, no updates since release of Reiben.

Last edited:
Back