DiD Samurai

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations creech! I got mine yesterday (I ordered it on friday..now, thats really fast shipping!)

Here's some photos, the box is really small AND very heavy!

If you got any pic request, let me know. Im going to be posing him with Old Masamune later on.

dsc00046resizeif9.jpg

dsc00047resizewo2.jpg

dsc00048resizecb5.jpg

dsc00049resizecj0.jpg

dsc00050resizedn9.jpg

dsc00053resizesu8.jpg

dsc00054resizewh4.jpg

dsc00056resizecg0.jpg

Post as many pics as you want... I'm just happy to see pictures. BTW Samurai, hows this one stack up against the quality of the Japan release; same, different?

galactiboy said:
Post as many pics as you want... I'm just happy to see pictures. BTW Samurai, hows this one stack up against the quality of the Japan release; same, different?

The quality?! almost THE SAME! Now I really regret paying that much for the JP version.

The only difference I see apart from the headsculpts is the paint on the armour. The paint on the International version is much more thicker I think? From the looks of things, the weight etc..The materials used on both are the same.

More pictures! (it took me around 3 hours to remove and set the armour on the rack!)

dsc00057resizeif3.jpg

dsc00060resizeun7.jpg

dsc00062resizeyf2.jpg

dsc00065resizetj9.jpg

dsc00072resizepa9.jpg

dsc00073resizeep9.jpg

dsc00066resizeov7.jpg

dsc00067resizewx9.jpg

dsc00068resizeac9.jpg

dsc00070resizeoq8.jpg

P.S. I really hate the hair! Its too hard to fix!

And to creecher. Its a good thing you didnt buy the stand I told you to buy. It cannot hold this figure! Im using a SS stand instead.

Great pics... glad to hear the armor is basically the same. So does the eye-patch come off of the non-screaming head?

galactiboy said:
Great pics... glad to hear the armor is basically the same. So does the eye-patch come off of the non-screaming head?

Thanks, yeah the eye patch does come off.

I thought it did, thats cool. So did you get your figure from modelers loft then? I'm still waiting with no word on mine :monkey2

galactiboy said:
I thought it did, thats cool. So did you get your figure from modelers loft then? I'm still waiting with no word on mine :monkey2

No I got it from a different person. I cancelled my order from ML.

Just found out mine won't be shipped to the seller until Mid to Late November :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

It seems he's getting delayed even more for me. But, I will have to live vicariously through the photos and joy you guys post about him...

galactiboy said:
Just found out mine won't be shipped to the seller until Mid to Late November :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

It seems he's getting delayed even more for me. But, I will have to live vicariously through the photos and joy you guys post about him...

Really? Where are you getting yours from? Why not cancel it and get one from eBay?

I got it from 1/6 depot for $150 shipped. I haven't checked eBay... I guess I could see if they have it cheaper?

Just got done checking prices... seems about the same price for figures currently offered after the shipping costs are included. I will keep my eyes open for a good deal w/in the US for him.

galactiboy said:
I got it from 1/6 depot for $150 shipped. I haven't checked eBay... I guess I could see if they have it cheaper?

Just got done checking prices... seems about the same price for figures currently offered after the shipping costs are included. I will keep my eyes open for a good deal w/in the US for him.

Yeah, better act now. Next thing you know, your dealer wont be getting any Samurais.

I'm not too worried, hes a reliable seller. And he only sold the 20 he was guaranteed. But, if I can find something sooner for less I'll probably jump on it.

galactiboy said:
Care to give any thoughts on the furry samurai right nest to him? I've thought about picking him up before, but wasn't sure if he was worth the scratch.
Hi Galactiboy.
I knew you would be interested. I ordered this figure when the ED 209 went up, along with some other figs, to save on shipping, due to one of your posts, so that's why it's taken so long to arrive.

The box is very basic, the outer sliding cover has a history of Ieyasu on the back, along with the company name, that being Sea International Co. www.seafigures.com. I'll have to go there after I finish posting this. I have taken some pics at each stage. The yellowing is some sort of reflection of the flash on the plastic inner box. The box it comes in, is flapped up at the sides making sliding it back into the outer cover a little less than what we've come to expect. It catches on the outer sleeve. Five soft ties hold the figure into the plastic inner. Not necessary, as there is another plastic cover holding the figure and accessories in place, in any event, and that is taped shut. Another two ties hold the helmet in place. It's not difficult to remove them, as they are placed after the figure had been positioned, so they aren't wrapped around the neck, ankles and wrists.

The first thing I noticed was the head appeared to be small. Taking him out, I notice the plastic that has been mentioned by someone before. Particularly noticeable on the shoulder guards. Then I noticed his little feet have plastic 'thongs' too. After removing him from the package I started to feel the articulation. It is similar to the ratcheted style that Dragon uses but less stiff. In fact it feels a little loose. The fur is attached to plastic armour. The flaps, of which are longest on the front of the apron, restrict his movement, though they are pliable to a degree, they return to their original position. Pretty stiff really. The guards on his upper arm are not attached to his arm, only to the shoulder guards, and flop around. Just moving it around to view the back and the button holding the upper arm plate to the shoulder came undone, so I took a pic.

The accessories. The helmut is plastic, it's strap is leather, glued into place. All the plasic is shiney and would benefit from paint. The mask is held on by elastic knotted after being thread through two holes. I haven't worked out how to put them on yet. It looks as though the mask would go on first, as the elastic needs to be hidden under the helmut, but then the strap doesn't stretch to go over the mask. I ended up just moving it forward and up, inside the front of the helmet, where it sat pretty well and took up the slack. It's probably how it's supposed to work. The mask has a moustache and whispy goatee glued to it. When I pulled the small sword out the handle came off. The blades are a shiney plastic chrome. You've seen it before and probably said it looks crap. They lock into place in the scabbard, as the blade is thicker at the hilt. The handles look good.

At the price, including shipping, you'd probably be disappointed. The sculpt is really good as is the rest of his costume. The head is probably small so it looks good with the helmet on, being that he has a top knot. I found it hard to get him to pose, as his crutch is rather low. His pants are split open at the thighs. It is an impressive looking samurai, but not what I've come to expect of a quality collectible.

Last edited:
and some more pics. The flash washed out the darkness of the tone of his skin. It's quite dark. After visiting their site, you will notice the sword handles are a different colour, and look much nicer than the plainer black ones that came with mine

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Creech! It looks like a figure I'd be happy with if I could find him for around $50... not the $100 or so he usually sells for. I think this same company also makes a gold version of a samurai... I'll have to check the website and see.

I own the gold version and it's decent for what I paid at the time. Sea International Samurai really do need more painting on their armor. There were some that were painted to look like Tom Cruise from the last Samurai. They had a new head sculpt (no Helmet) and looked a bit better then the reg. gold release, but were twice the price.
The first gold version had a pin head too with a different sculpt, I guess so the helmet would fit properly.
But now that DID has come out with far superior and affordable Samurai, the Sea Int. ones don't cut it anymore. I can't wait to get mine!

I appreciate the pictures Samurai Warrior, but the load times are killing me.

Are you waiting on a US seller Screamingmetal? I'm hoping I'll hear something from One-Sixth Depot this week. The last I heard it was not expected until early to mid-November. The wait for this figure is killing me :google

galactiboy said:
Are you waiting on a US seller Screamingmetal? I'm hoping I'll hear something from One-Sixth Depot this week. The last I heard it was not expected until early to mid-November. The wait for this figure is killing me :google

hey, like i said before, just get one from eBay!

Don't listen to sam, Galactiboy. You know you will get one from your reputible resource, so stick with it. It's not often that we here in Australia get a figure earlier than you guys. Just go with the flow and wait. The end result is it's own reward. Ebay has the added ingredient of disaster. Forget that, and in the end you will be happy. Be happy my friend. The wait just adds to the pleasant taste.

Back