DiD Samurai

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did I miss this?? Looks a lot better than the Tokugawa that came out a couple years ago. :cool:

Should be a really cool figure, there are also a number of places now where you can get him for closer to $145. I guess he should be shipping at the end of the month, very excited to get him!

Looks like we have another Aragorn on our hands... the release date has been pushed back to Mid-October at the earliest :monkey2

I'm really looking forward to this figure, all the pics I've seen of the Japanese release are A-mazing!!!

galactiboy said:
Looks like we have another Aragorn on our hands... the release date has been pushed back to Mid-October at the earliest :monkey2
Actually thanks for that bit of good news! :lol Gives me a bit more time to get the money together.

samuraiwarrior said:
Hey! DiD Samurai! I got the Japanese exclusive figure!

I like the Japan exclusive too. Keepin my eyes open for one on the secondary market.

Kyuzo said:
I like the Japan exclusive too. Keepin my eyes open for one on the secondary market.

I've seen a couple of the JP version on eBay for $499-600, try yahoo auctions japan, ive seen some for $350.

galactiboy said:

I'm really looking forward to this figure, all the pics I've seen of the Japanese release are A-mazing!!!

Hey I got some update from my local DiD dealer. According to them, the International version is now shipping out from HK. I hope its true!

I plan on visiting Japan next spring. Tokyo's Akihabara district is geek heaven on earth; I'm crossing my fingers on picking up the exclusive then.

samuraiwarrior said:
Hey I got some update from my local DiD dealer. According to them, the International version is now shipping out from HK. I hope its true!

That would be good news... as much as I hate spending the money, I really can't wait to have this figure. I've got a spot picked out for him and everything :D

By the way, what is the version of the left ?
70001-29.jpg

Is it an exclusive version ?
Or it's a second armour included in the box ?

I would buy the japanese version until I have seen him, but much money...

Any news about a other samurai released in the future ?

Who prefer the japanese version ?
(I mean the figure, not the great box and stuff included and not included to the Int version, only the figure)

For me the Int. version look much better, more agressive.
The red vest look very nice.

Now anyone know where I can find decorating stuff like the japanese version ?
(I men the japanese wall behind, the little red cube, etc...)

Also what stuff included the Int version ?
(only the figure or there some stand...?)

Thanks and sorry for my bad english
@+

The one on the left is to show what metals are used in the armor... but the are all laquered black for the final product. At least thats my understanding.

terryvad said:
By the way, what is the version of the left ?
70001-29.jpg

Is it an exclusive version ?
Or it's a second armour included in the box ?

I would buy the japanese version until I have seen him, but much money...

Any news about a other samurai released in the future ?

No the version on the left is not included with the Japanese version (it would've been cool if it was though)

I was lucky to get the figure for $320 after he came out. (RRP was $340) I posted some photos here: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12448 If you want more, let me know.

There are other Samurais coming:

jp060707-9.jpg

It's the ones on the far left and right of Masamune. Can't remember their names though sorry!

terryvad said:
Who prefer the japanese version ?
(I mean the figure, not the great box and stuff included and not included to the Int version, only the figure)

For me the Int. version look much better, more agressive.
The red vest look very nice.

Now anyone know where I can find decorating stuff like the japanese version ?
(I men the japanese wall behind, the little red cube, etc...)

Also what stuff included the Int version ?
(only the figure or there some stand...?)

Thanks and sorry for my bad english
@+

Well, I still havent really seen the Int. version (in person). Nonetheless, their beautiful figures.

I think the International version was actually based on a movie made recently about Date Masamune. (again I forgot the name, but he was portrayed young, and had long hair)

I agree with the Jinbaori (vest). It makes him more "complete".

I dont think you can get the other items included with the Japanese version separately, unless someone sells them loose on eBay etc.

I didn't know the Int version was based on a movie... interesting. I like the red samurai with the giant horns, although I have a feeling with a price tag of $150 this will be the only DiD Samurai I procure.

so what's the diff between the $150 and 350 (US and Japan) versions? US has the older head w/ one eye and the International version has 2 youger heads w/ synthetic hair? that it?

The Japanese version has the older headsculpt (I thought there might be 2?) and the International (available in the US) has the longer hair/younger headsculpts. The Japanese version comes with stands, a screen, and bow and arrow that are not part of the International release. But the International version does come with a vest that's pretty snazzy.

I think those are the major differences, and about $200-$300.

Back