DiD Samurai

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
samuraiwarrior said:
There are other Samurais coming:

jp060707-9.jpg

It's the ones on the far left and right of Masamune. Can't remember their names though sorry!

The one on the far left is Takeda Shingen, and the one on the right with the long kuwagata or horns is Ii Naomasa - leader of the 'Red Devils'. I'm hoping they do a Kato Kiyomasa someday.

Kyuzo said:
The one on the far left is Takeda Shingen, and the one on the right with the long kuwagata or horns is Ii Naomasa - leader of the 'Red Devils'. I'm hoping they do a Kato Kiyomasa someday.

Thanks. I knew that was Shingen and Naomasa, I just keep forgetting their names. Anyway, I cant wait to get them too!!!

The Japanese exclusive should also come with a Jinbaori. It doesnt look complete without it.

Interesting that Masamune was known as the "one-eyed dragon"... and here I though Americans came up with that term :lol

galactiboy said:
Interesting that Masamune was known as the "one-eyed dragon"... and here I though Americans came up with that term :lol

Yeah the story goes that as a child his eye was suffering from the effects of smallpox. For relief, he just went ahead and pulled the cursed thing out himself - talk about cajones! :monkey4

Yep, pluckin' out your own eye is pretty hard core! Nice to get a little history lesson in anticipation of this figure. So are all of the Samurai figures going to be historically based?

Based on the teaser protos they've got so far, it looks like they're focusing on actual historical warlords.

Kyuzo said:
Based on the teaser protos they've got so far, it looks like they're focusing on actual historical warlords.

And I hope it stays that way, I dont really want to see any Tom Cruise samurai. (maybe a Toshiro Mifune?)

Great pics. I would've liked to see without mempo or mask for comparison. :cool:

Yeah, thats a lot of similar pics... but the figure looks awesome. I would like more close-ups of the headsculpt. But I can't wait to get this figure, its gonna be awesome!

The place I ordered it from is already long sold out... I think they had 20 figures. I don't think this version will sky-rocket like the first one, but I imagine it won't really drop in price over the long run. But either way it is an amazing looking figure and one I'm very stoked about!

galactiboy said:
The place I ordered it from is already long sold out... I think they had 20 figures. I don't think this version will sky-rocket like the first one, but I imagine it won't really drop in price over the long run. But either way it is an amazing looking figure and one I'm very stoked about!

Yeah, sucks for those who paid $300+ for the Japanese version. :monkey2

The Int. version is really a quality figure for its price.

I wouldn't be too sad... sure its a lot of money, but the first version is truly a work of art. This ones not too shabby... and it looks like DiD finally added this figure to their website: International Version. Nice to see he's got sculpted, rather than wire hands!

This is a great shot! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

70001-10.jpg

The Japanese version is more limited (500 pcs) and comes with extra accessories including a bow and arrows, background screen, and various stands for the armor, swords and bow arrows. Also the headsculpt is of an older Masamune and it comes in a very deluxe box. Not to mention it costs around $200 more.

The International version (for around $150) has two younger headsculpts and an exclusive vest not available w/the other version. His only weapons are the two swords.

But in terms of armor, base body and quality of pieces they are the same. The Japanese one just has a ton more stuff.

galactiboy said:
The Japanese version is more limited (500 pcs) and comes with extra accessories including a bow and arrows, background screen, and various stands for the armor, swords and bow arrows. Also the headsculpt is of an older Masamune and it comes in a very deluxe box. Not to mention it costs around $200 more.

The International version (for around $150) has two younger headsculpts and an exclusive vest not available w/the other version. His only weapons are the two swords.

But in terms of armor, base body and quality of pieces they are the same. The Japanese one just has a ton more stuff.

Well, were not quite sure about that yet. Im still waiting for the Int. version. I hope the armour is the same quality. (And I dont think the Int. version has the serial no. on the armour)

Hey galactiboy, how many Masamune's are you getting? Are you going to get them all 3 samurais from DiD?

Oh just the one Masamune for me... I would like to get the other samurai... but at $150 a pop I'll probably just have to stop at this one. But I guess if the releases are spaced out enough I might be able to get one or two more.

According to the DiD's website the International version is still all metal and handmade. And the guy's figure over on onesixthwarrior looked pretty damn good. So I'm hopeful that this will be the case.

This looks like a figure I'll have to be extra careful with... it would be a nightmare if the strings holding the armor came apart?!?

70001-13.jpg

galactiboy said:
Oh just the one Masamune for me... I would like to get the other samurai... but at $150 a pop I'll probably just have to stop at this one. But I guess if the releases are spaced out enough I might be able to get one or two more.

According to the DiD's website the International version is still all metal and handmade. And the guy's figure over on onesixthwarrior looked pretty damn good. So I'm hopeful that this will be the case.

This looks like a figure I'll have to be extra careful with... it would be a nightmare if the strings holding the armor came apart?!?

70001-13.jpg

Indeed, I cant wait to get the Internation version as well. Im going to display him without the armour. Where did you order yours from? I still havent recieved any updates about my order. About the strings, well I havent really played with the JP version so Im not really sure...

Back