DiD Samurai

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here's some shots of my figure... unfortunately I didn't see Creecher's post in time, but I assure you it was very pleased :lol

And my figure... he's really excellent looking. Definitely the most detailed 1/6 figure I've ever seen or owned. Like Creecher said, the price tag is high, but the intricacy of the figure seems to be the reason for that. And on a fun note when you move him around all the armor on his skirting makes a pleasant jingling sound, very fitting for the upcoming Christmas season.

masamunea.jpg

masmuneb.jpg

masmunec.jpg

And here he is in his new home w/ my other martial arts style figures:

masamuned.jpg

I would definitely give this a top rating as far as figures go. Sure his articulation is pretty hampered by the armor, but give the realities of producing 1/6 figures I don't think anyone could make a figure of a samurai better than this and for less.

And for fun, here's the weather I had to brave to pick up my figure... not too bad looking, but they don't use salt here and evidently didn't do much plowing so it was slow going. And pretty much everything except gas stations and the Post Office were closed.

masamunee.jpg

Nice pics. It's hard to get good pics when the figure has so much black in it. It makes it hard to really see the detail. You did a good job. Nice gathering of martial artists too.

I forgot it was winter there. Looks like a 'risk you life' mission. I just couldn't bear that sort of weather, particularly if you have a job working outdoors. That is one awesome pic. Very artistic looking. Love the cars headlights. I like that pic better than the ones of Masamune. You should enter it in a photo comp.

creecher said:
That is one awesome pic. Very artistic looking. Love the cars headlights. I like that pic better than the ones of Masamune. You should enter it in a photo comp.

Doh! I'll tell my fiance, she took it :lol

He is a hard figure to capture... and one that really needs to be held to appreciate! I don't think I've ever seen better or more ambitious costuming on a 1/6 figure. I'm really blown away that each plate of metal is actually threaded together... just unreal :google

Just got mine too. Man he's heavy! All that metal armor is amazing. I'd hate to take him apart since it seems everything is tied on, but I'd like to see what's on under the armor. The faux embroidered pants look like they could be excellent.

Samurai Warrior has some good shots posted earlier of a disrobed Masamune... around page 5 or so. Its a beautiful figure all around, but I know I would never be able to retie everything so he's staying as is :lol

here's mine..and u guys are right..very hard to get gd ligthing on this fella..and the thought of strippin him..whew!!not that into him yet..keke...maybe some other time..:rotfl

3665a.jpg

IMG_3649a.jpg

IMG_3648a.jpg

IMG_3647a.jpg

IMG_3646a.jpg

IMG_3645a.jpg

IMG_3644a.jpg

IMG_3642a.jpg

IMG_3640a.jpg

I just opened my DID Samurai and found a problem, I'm wondering if anyone else who owns one has the same. The brass rivets that hold the neck guard to the helmet aren't connected on mine. There's only one that actually connects the guard to the helmet right now, the other three or four are disconnected.

I already took the plastic off the skirt and got the figure out of the package so I'd hate to repackage him up just to get another samurai in the mail with the same problem.

Let me know.

???

Awesome Date!! remember, when I was over in Japan.... I learned a bunch about him and the fuedal era of Japanese history. Tokugawa and the rest of the bunch.... Also remember him in the PS2 game, Kessen! Great game.

Thanks for all of the awesome pics, guys!!

galactiboy said:
I'm not sure if I understand what is not connected... could you post a picture for clarification?
I had to take some pictures for DID, they said they will try and help me but they're understaffed because of the holidays.
The problem is the rear neck guard that hangs from the main helmet is mostly disconnected from the helmet.
There are four brass rivets that connect the guard to the main helmet, on mine only one is actually holding it on, the other four are pulled out.
This is the best I could do, my camera doesn't take very good closeups:
picture582hd4.jpg

Here on the right side of the image you can see one of those brass rivets that's disconnected and how the entire neck guard hangs off kilter:
picture572lc5.jpg

Okay, I see what your problem is. That was not an issue that I had with mine. All the rivets are in firmly and hold the neck guard in place, definitely something I'd get replaced. That sucks, I would not want to have repackage this guy.

Hope it all works out okay!

Wow, thats a pretty badass looking figure! I wonder who they'll next... if I recall correctly all 3 released/announced so far have been known from the get-go. Be interesting to see how far they carry this line.

OMG. These are just totally over the top awesome figures. I wish I could afford one of those local versions. Too much. I wish they would at least include a seat with the international version. By golly, by gum.

I've been thinking of getting a miniposter or something like those backdrops that come with the asian release. Anyone know a good place online to get that kind of stuff?

I had a look around. Didn't find much to use.

Looks like it's due for release in November. Merry Christmas.

Back