Did I make the right decision? You decide.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Was selling the DX02 for the DX08 and DX09 a good choice?

• No Way! The DX02 will always be a grail piece!

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Absolutely! You got 2 new figures, and the TDKR might be better.

Votes: 111 79.9%

• Total voters
They're doing Batman returns. Its kinda like the same just really soon.

TDKR dx Batman > dx2

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

No, you absolutely made the right decision! Of course I may be alittle biased about that opinion considering I'm the guy who bought the DX Batman from you! lol! Trust me he's in a good home and is gonna look great next to my DX Joker, Two-Face, Batman Begins Comic Con Exclusive, Scarecrow, Chris Reeve Superman, and my upcoming Keaton Batman and Nicholson Joker! :) I just need some damn Detolfs is all. We don't have IKEA in Music City! :(

You don't happen to have a Hot Toys Bank Robber Joker you are wanting to sell do you? :)

If your in it for the MONEY then sell it, as for me now way in hell im giving up my dx bats. If they make a re issue I will just buy the head sculpt and save my money LOL.

No absolutely not considering that there will most likely be a rerelease of TDK DX-02 or a brand new DX Bats for TDKR.

:exactly: I had two & sold them both, knowing that the new Batman is coming which will highly likely be better, it was a no brainer decision :lecture

I sold my Hot Toys Rambo III and Predator 2 recently, why you might say?..because i know whats good for me..so, am i winning?, you decide?.

Your getting two great figures for one that needed some work. I think you did, and I'm sure we will get a better tdk batman soon.

:exactly: I had two & sold them both, knowing that the new Batman is coming which will highly likely be better, it was a no brainer decision :lecture

How is it a no brainer if we have no clue whether there even will be a new DX Batman (of course there will be) or what it will look like or come with? I don't plan to sell mine but do plan to buy a TDKR version. A new one wouldn't have the sticky bomb gun or sonar head.

With all the problems that figure is associated with I would have also sold it.

Good decision. I mean, come on, the one lone DX 02 Batman, vs DX 09 Batman and DX 08 Joker? It's a no brainer man.

- Assuming you got the current secondary prices for it, you basically got DX 09 Batman and DX 08 Joker for free.

- DX 09 Batman and DX 09 Joker are much, much better figures.

- There will most likely be a rereleased or a new "TDK" Batman down the road.

Enjoy your DX 09 Batman and DX 08 Joker. I own Batman, and it's fantastic. I don't own Joker yet, but I'm sure it doesn't disappoint.

I'm guessing the new ht batman will not be a dx.it will be a regular mms version.so you might not get all the bells and whistles the dx came with.

Yeah back then I sold the DX02 for Secondary prices and that allowed me to get the DX08 and DX09. Anyway I think they will do a DX for TDKR bats because that's the last of the batman license, and they probably want to go out with a bang (that is unless they keep milking it).

I just made a similar decision. I just sold my prized Laughing joker and Medicom Batman to fund my 1989 figures. It feels a lil quiet on the shelves without those two their anymore but will be awesome with the incredible 89 figures. Plus I think I'll get the Enterbay 1/4 figures for TDK seeing how good the T-800 came out i think they'll be just as great if not better than HT 1/6 version of Joker and Batman. I believe you made the right choice

I'm relatively new here but I think you made a wise decision :D.

The 1989 set is very nostalgic for many and imho more iconic than TDK Batman. Not to mention they look fantastic... and you are getting 2 figures for what cost you only 1 figure :).

Plus I'd be very surprised/shocked if they didn't re-release an updated version of Batman for the upcoming TDKR film. But I am counting on it that they will... plus it might end up looking better than the DX02... I mean they have most of the molds for Nolan's Bats already... why not tweak a few things here and there and make more money o_o?

definitely a good decision to sell the DX02. Because you got two brand new figures that are awesome. And Hot toys is going to pump out some more batman figures from TDKR.

I your figure was up to get oily, you really did a GOOD decision, and the buyer a bad one.
But without this oil problem (like mine, and i hope it will be forever), it is a beautiful figure ! But if you had decisions to take about money, 2 DX is better than one ;)

How is it a no brainer if we have no clue whether there even will be a new DX Batman (of course there will be) or what it will look like or come with? I don't plan to sell mine but do plan to buy a TDKR version. A new one wouldn't have the sticky bomb gun or sonar head.

I was just going to post that unless it's a complete rerelease, it will for sure have different accessories and they may not be nearly as good... but who knows??

It is possible that it's like the Bruce Wayne/Batsuit Begins and is a standard MMS changeable faceplates but without PERS... personally, I think even with a new one people will still be after DX02 long after the TDKR figures have been out.

Now with all that said, you made the right decision...

Burton Versions trump Nolan Versions by far!

I like both bit 1989 stuff is still epic after all these years.

M.

Back