Did I make the right decision? You decide.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Was selling the DX02 for the DX08 and DX09 a good choice?

• No Way! The DX02 will always be a grail piece!

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Absolutely! You got 2 new figures, and the TDKR might be better.

Votes: 111 79.9%

• Total voters

SSC EX Hunter

Super Freak
Reaction score
A few months ago, when the pre-orders for the 89' Batman and 89' Joker went up, I was torn between two Batmen. I had a DX02 that had no oil, but the top two ab plates began having a very slight sheen to them so I began to grow a bit nervous and paranoid. So I had to make a decision, sell him to quell my worries, and in turn buy the 89'bats and joker, or keep him and ride the train into the ground if need be. I wouldn't have been able to afford the 89' figures if I didn't, so I sold him. It is no secret that the DX02 is a grail piece, and being the first DX bats has some legendary status to it, so I want your opinion....Was selling him a mistake?

A few months ago, when the pre-orders for the 89' Batman and 89' Joker went up, I was torn between two Batmen. I had a DX02 that had no oil, but the top two ab plates began having a very slight sheen to them so I began to grow a bit nervous and paranoid. So I had to make a decision, sell him to quell my worries, and in turn buy the 89'bats and joker, or keep him and ride the train into the ground if need be. I wouldn't have been able to afford the 89' figures if I didn't, so I sold him. It is no secret that the DX02 is a grail piece, and being the first DX bats has some legendary status to it, so I want your opinion....Was selling him a mistake?

No absolutely not considering that there will most likely be a rerelease of TDK DX-02 or a brand new DX Bats for TDKR.

I agree with you, but in terms of, that figure being the first DX batman, the way Ledger's Joker is the DX01, being the first, I feel that may mean a lot down the road.

Selling was the right thing to do. Keaton Batman looks like a drastically better figure than the DX02, and you're getting a Joker to boot. There will be many more Nolan Batman's from Hot Toys.

I doubt, if you had kept it, many people would have been impressed that you had the initial release of the DX02 as opposed to a rerelease. If it does get rereleased and the leaking issue is fixed that one will be more sought after I expect. No one will care that it isn't the first release of the first ever DX Batman.

I guess you guys are right, selling that thing was so hard to do because it was what got me into hot toys in the first place. Another important point was that this was released at a time when Hot Toys figures were far more limited, now they have an infinite pre-order amount, and that exclusivity has vanished.

if your a batman fan......i think your going to have a far superior and more iconic version, wanted the dx dk but after seeing the keaton version.....no thanks even at cost

To me the only reason to care about having sold it is if you're a Batman completist and/or it doesn't get rereleased and/or the TDKR figure doesn't include some of the accessories and features that came with the DX02.

HT is going to prolly make 2 or 3 more tdk Batmans, your smart selling it while it's high in price.

btw- there is no such thing as grail HT pieces anymore, they will just re do any of them whenever they please. Better to learn now then later.

btw- there is no such thing as grail HT pieces anymore, they will just re do any of them whenever they please. Better to learn now then later.

Good call, everything is being redone...a little patience will save you tons of $$$.

I have three DX02's in my collection and they still don't show any signs of oily abs or under the shoulder plate. I will still keep mine in my collection for along time even if they are making a new one. You got two new figures out of the deal, so I wouldn't worry if you made the wrong decision. Congrats on the 89' Batman figures! :clap

Thanks guys, but the thing is, I don't see how they can redo the 89' Batman you know, I mean there is only one Batman 1989, one costume that's it. WIth the Nolan trilogy there are many opportunities for them to milk, along with the Iron Man series, and they're definitely gonna milk 89 Nicholson Joker. But I can't see a reason for them to redo the 89 batman.

Thanks guys, but the thing is, I don't see how they can redo the 89' Batman you know, I mean there is only one Batman 1989, one costume that's it. WIth the Nolan trilogy there are many opportunities for them to milk, along with the Iron Man series, and they're definitely gonna milk 89 Nicholson Joker. But I can't see a reason for them to redo the 89 batman.

The only thing that I can see with them redoing the 89' Batman is to add a full HS of Keaton. Right now it is unlikely, but we don't know what the future may hold.

Do they even show him unmasked in 1989, I haven't seen it in a while, I know in Returns he's got it on and off for sure though.

I'm not trying to be rude here as I think you did make a good decision in selling it since you're now able to purchase 2 figures that you want plus there's more than likely another version coming out for TDKR anyway
BUT to be honest, what's the point of this thread. I mean you sold him and I'm pretty sure there's no going back unless you use that money to buy him again of course. But I mean is this thread just to make you feel good about your decision? what if most of the freaks here said it was the biggest mistake? would it then be a battle to justify why you sold him? :huh
I mean should we all start threads to see if other freaks feel we made good decisions on our sales?
All that should matter is if you're happy with the decision you made. Either way you've gotta live with it, right?
again, I'm really not trying to be rude, but I just don't understand why a thread needed to be made

I can't remember either. I was just making a suggestion, but I think you are right that he wasn't unmasked in the 89' movie. I will have to go back and watch the movie again soon.

Gipetto, I've learned in life that many decisions can be rectified, and attaining a DX02 again is still possible, but I wasn't sure if it was a good decision when weighed against the DX08, DX09, and possibly a TDKR Batman.

Anyway, if they don't have Batman unmasked in 1989, then this should be the complete 1989 Keaton Batman, with no need for a redo.

Back