Diamond Select Toys 18" Talking Cloth Figures line: Darth Sidious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, these just are not my thing at all. It's like Hasbro and Tonner had a baby. Tonner size, Hasbro quality. Funny thing is though these will probably sell like mad to that set and make these a huge success.

The thing is I don’t think these will sell like crazy…I think they will warm the shelves and then get clearanced.

to be honest with this figure : the face would seem to have a lot of work......
but did not look or a little, would seem that this smeeling sh!!!!t !!!!!!!!!! jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaajja:lol

Yeah, but I remember Andy saying it was rejected because it wasn’t pretty/idealized enough, the hair wasn't the problem. Too much scar and true the Real Hamil was the problem.

Yeah, but I remember Andy saying it was rejected because it wasn’t pretty/idealized enough, the hair wasn't the problem. Too much scar and true the Real Hamil was the problem.

Well that's just stupid then. I'd never reject it on that basis, and it didn't look any more post-accident Hammil than Mat's Jedi Luke, that has scars in it. I really don't get LFL's licensing guys sometimes.

This is really one of the worst products I've seen in recent memory... and you can imagine the production might look even worse :lol

Well, I don't think much will help, but according to RS, it's an incomplete proto, which I would sure hope because the outfit is about as pisspore an effort you could get if it were supposed to be finished.

Well, I don't think much will help, but according to RS, it's an incomplete proto, which I would sure hope because the outfit is about as pisspore an effort you could get if it were supposed to be finished.

I can't imagine anyone showing that figure at a convention... its just laughable. Maybe it will get better, but I can't imagine what more you could do with that hunk o' turd.

Yeah, we got to see an image of it last week... just terrible. But looks like a winner compared this thing.

I can't imagine anyone showing that figure at a convention... its just laughable. Maybe it will get better, but I can't imagine what more you could do with that hunk o' turd.

True enough, but, and not the best example, the costume is quite ornate compared to what they're showing.

rots05dlxpalpatinefront.jpg

Too bad these aren't 1/6, if the clothes were decent I'd get him just to have more options for the Sideshow set.

Dare I say this makes the Hasbro ROTS Sidious sculpt look better.

Dare I say this makes the Hasbro ROTS Sidious sculpt look better.

Oh I'd say Hasbro's definitely better... while an odd looking expression (especially with stock paints) it at least resembled Palpatine. This looks like some old wrinkled guy who just realized he crapped his pants.

Seriously, who will put 70$ on those?:monkey4..I dont see a market at all for these.Time will tell, I guess.

I will usually try to see the good in any product, no matter what company it comes from - but this looks like ass. The sculpt looks like a corpse after the Ark has sucked the life out of it and the outfit is so simplistic as to be unidentifiable. If this hadn't been in the SW section and labeled with who it's supposed to be I wouldn't have had a clue - not from the sculpt, not from the costume.

Who will buy? Perhaps those that have lusted after the premium format figures and will buy these now saying "look at the suckers paying $300 for a 1/4 scale figure - I only paid $75! Ain't I smart?"

Back