Diamond Select Toys 18" Talking Cloth Figures line: Darth Sidious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who will buy? Perhaps those that have lusted after the premium format figures and will buy these now saying "look at the suckers paying $300 for a 1/4 scale figure - I only paid $75! Ain't I smart?"

:lecture
Exactly,Reinforcing my Theory as this is The Poor man 's Premium Format.

Who will buy? Perhaps those that have lusted after the premium format figures and will buy these now saying "look at the suckers paying $300 for a 1/4 scale figure - I only paid $75! Ain't I smart?"

This sure is one fine lookin' collect-table...
Looks good next to the NASCAR
commem'rative buckets from KFC"
cletus-simpsons.jpg

Who will buy?

I will be buying some, if they turn out decent, just because there are certain characters/representations I really like to collect anything that appeals to me representing them. I'll be keeping my eyes out for any Obi-Wan (PT and OT), Luke Jedi and Darth Maul, after that I'll likely just watch the ship sail on.

Perhaps those that have lusted after the premium format figures and will buy these now saying "look at the suckers paying $300 for a 1/4 scale figure - I only paid $75! Ain't I smart?"

Good luck to them, all they'll be getting is the size, but there's nothing Premium about these figures.

I will be buying some, if they turn out decent, just because there are certain characters/representations I really like to collect anything that appeals to me representing them. I'll be keeping my eyes out for any Obi-Wan (PT and OT), Luke Jedi and Darth Maul, after that I'll likely just watch the ship sail on.

At one point I might have been tempted by the Trek, but as everything else in my collection moves towards the high end of the spectrum, I can't see these fitting in anywhere. And I guess that's the point - they aren't for us but maybe for kids who like the larger size?

At one point I might have been tempted by the Trek, but as everything else in my collection moves towards the high end of the spectrum, I can't see these fitting in anywhere. And I guess that's the point - they aren't for us but maybe for kids who like the larger size?

Yeah, but who would drop $70 on one figure for a kid, when you could get 10 or so 3 3/4" figures. The quality is mass market, but price is still specialty. I really think these will stuggle to sell and end up discounted.

Kinda like the Giant NECA figures... and those were actually well made, but the size and price led to them being like 50 and 70% off after a few months.

Last edited:
You know what even if these were .99cents a pop I would walk a way without thinking twice, these are hideous.

Good luck to them, all they'll be getting is the size, but there's nothing Premium about these figures.

And as a wise master would say: "Size matters not"
yoda.gif
:D.

They have to improve quality, many can do a better sculpt of Palpatine than that, It looks no way like Ian Mcdiarmid.

I doubt it, the way these are shaping up, I would say it would be some teenage voice actor that sounds more like wicket than the Emperor.

IMG_7540.jpg

WTF is this?

It's too late for April Fool's, people.

And the new post on Rebelscum confirms that they will sugarcoat ANYTHING. :google

IMG_7540.jpg

posted on Rebelscum.

I think from the one pic it looks like ass...but I'm curious to see what else they are going to release....but I can definitely see this stuff hovering around the shelves for ever and then clearance priced for 99 cents:lol

Is that the Sideshow Palpa? :D:lol

Was looking forward to seeing what Diamond could offer, but so far I'm not impressed with this one.

Sure hope the others in the line turn out better.

Back