Diamond Select Pulp Fiction!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still, the fact that it's the first NEW thing we've seen in 3 years gives me hope. After all these delays I have an "I'll believe it when I see it" attitude but this is certainly the most they've moved forward since 2014.

Here you can see her base and what appears to be alternate arms for dancing poses.

Mia.jpg

Going to hold off for the 1/6 scale that will come out in about 10 years. I just don't find this scale very appealing anymore... From what I can see, they look pretty cool though...

Just based on that one blurry shot, yes it looks like he's in the Jack Rabbit Slim's outfit. Meaning bolo tie, hair pulled back, dancing arms.

So potentially we can see three Vinces...Apartment shootout to go with Jules...."Dork" Version in Banana Slugs Shirt...and the Date with Mia version.

I'd also predict a blood-splattered Vince and Jules too.

So as long as they get Travolta to sign off on these, a good chunk of them will likely be Vince variants.

I asked and they said he's in a suit to pair up with Jules. The briefcase is on the floor and he has half the apartment with him too.

I wonder if the "21 figures" includes Kill Bill.

I suppose they COULD make 21 figures from just Pulp Fiction but that would include several Vince, Jules, Butch and Mia variants, as well as maybe some VERY minor characters like Zed. I could seem them making all the ones Funko made, including the Gimp.

If it includes Kill Kill, then obviously we'll see less.

I hope they make Lance.

Diamond got back to me saying Vincent is based on the Jack Rabbit Slims scene and will possibly come with two ties to swap for the apartment scene. I told them they'd need two heads since his hair is up in the JRS scene.

Yeah that pic is really grainy but it seems like the dancing scene cause a lot of white of his shirt is showing, so it doesn't look like there's a black tie there. Also, his arms are clearing up doing the Watusi.

I'd much rather them just release two different figures...his hair and tie are different enough to warrant the resculpt, not to mention he shouldn't be wearing shoes if he's dancing.

It figures....the ONE damn figure we all want the most, Vince in the apartment, isn't even properly sculpted. What the hell is wrong with these guys??

Also wonder if they will print the Krazy Kat design on Jules' t-shirt. I highly doubt it. They didn't print any of the graphics on Mallrats figures' shirts. Must cost extra for extra licenses.

Assuming these figures are actually released (I'm still not holding my breath) we'll probably have to figure out a way to get the art on Jules' and Vincent's chests.

krazy kat.JPG

Johnny....you seem as obsessed with the movie and these figures as I am. I feel like it might just be us though.

Probably. I started the Star Ace Tarantino thread too. That one disappeared like a fart in the wind. But that's because SA are following HT's pattern of announcements with years in between reveals.

OK, so based on rumors, hearsay, and pics we can determine almost the entire 21 figure lineup:

Pulp Fiction series 1:

Butch
Jules in suit
Marcelles

PF Series 2:

Vince in Jack Rabbit Slims outfit but with apartment base (stupid!!)
Mia
Jimmie

PF Series 3:

The Wolf
Jules in t-shirt
Captain Koons

Kill Bill Series 1:

The Bride
Go-Go Yubari
Johnny Mo

KB Series 2:

Bill
Budd
O-ren Ishii

That's 15 figures. That only leaves 6 slots. 2 waves. Likely one wave per movie.

We can assume maybe Kill Bill will try to finish the Deadly Viper Squad, so that would mean Elle Driver and Vernita Green. For the last slot, maybe Pal Mei or possibly a generic Crazy 88 member.

Pulp Fiction is trickier. We can look at the ReAction and Pop vinyl figures to see what the toy companies think are the most important characters. I think the Gimp is a definite, and hopefully a Vince in t-shirt to go with Jules. That leaves ONE last spot. I sure would like for it to be Lance, but not sure they wanna release two plain-looking guys in bathrobes. Who else could it be? Zed perhaps? A bloody Butch variant?

I don't know how DST is with variants or convention exclusives, but a bloody Vince and Jules seems like a likely candidate. Of course, they'd have to release a proper Vince in suit first, which I can't believe they didn't bother with in the first place. 3 or 4 years at least this has been in development and they didn't think to sculpt the main character in his regular outfit? That's just ridiculous.

So there are six slots left...who do you guys think they'll be?

I just put my pre-order in for the first wave of 3 here in Japan. Came to 8400 yen for the set, so that's really not bad considering the outrageous prices of "import" figures we sometimes get.

Still....holding my breath. It's been so long, until these are actually on my shelf I'm really not gonna believe it.

Just in case anyone other than me and Johhny Utah cares about these, the first series are allegedly actually showing up, in the plastic, to comic stores this Wednesday the 13th. Here's some packaged pics I never thought I'd see, seeing as how we're damn near at four years since these were announced:

Pulp-Fiction-Select-03__scaled_800.jpg
Pulp-Fiction-Select-01__scaled_800.jpg
Pulp-Fiction-Select-05__scaled_800.jpg

Still waiting (im)patiently to ever see an actual pic of Vince. If this line is just these three on my shelf I'll be.....not happy.

Back