Diamond Select Pulp Fiction!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No of course I'm not bumping this because there's an update. There are no updates. Ever.

I just wanted to post this Steamed Ham meme cause it reminds me so much of our situation with DST and these figures.

steamedpf.jpg

The Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill figures are canceled.

I have never personally been as disappointed by a toy cancellation as this one. Over the course of five long years, I've complained and raged and acted like a spoiled, petulant child cause I could never get my little "dollies" for my shelf.

I'm frustrated. I imagine the team at DST is way more frustrated though. After all, they fully sculpted 21 completely finished figures that will never, ever see the light of day. Not even pics of the canceled line. The "leak" of Mia was the closest we ever got.

I've fumed and raged, and yes, I'm still angry......but they're TOYS. What are you gonna do? I'm a grown ass man. I think I can live without toys.

I just can't believe we should have had all of these by now and all we ever got were three. I love my Jules figure, but it's hard to love him, cause he's really half a figure.

I have no idea if some other company will ever succeed where DST failed. Like a Japanese company like MAFEX.....their John Wick looks like a modern Vince after all. But most likely they'll think there's either not enough interest or they'll just plain run into the same roadblocks DST did.

I guess this is finally it....after five years of clinging to that last tiny thread of hope, I'm letting go. I hope someday before I die, I can have a six-seven inch Vince and Jules in that iconic apartment gun firing pose. But it's unlikely. Yeah, there were block figures and retro Kenner figures and licensed/unlicensed 12 inch dolls. But DST Jules was perfection in my mind, not all that other crap. All I needed was Vince. It stings so much more that Jules was so damn good! Ugh. If he sucked it'd be an easier pill to swallow.

No hard feelings against you guys DST; I know you tried. I guess the moral of my rambling is that even in this golden age of figures and collectibles, some properties will elude us to the grave.

These were supposed to commemorate the Pulp Fiction 20th anniversary. Well....it's 25 years now. It really is a shame.

Well.....adios, Esmerelda Villalobos.

̶Z̶e̶d̶'̶s Pulp Fiction's dead baby.... ̶Z̶e̶d̶'̶s Pulp Fiction's dead.

Back